Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Dow

  1. #1

    Default Dow

    Dow is down 323 currently.... and it's almost 3 o'clock! Time for the Plunge Protection Team (PPT)[TM] to kick into high gear! Let's all watch with amazement as the stocks magically recover the day's losses!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

    It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Dow is down 323 currently.... and it's almost 3 o'clock! Time for the Plunge Protection Team (PPT)[TM] to kick into high gear! Let's all watch with amazement as the stocks magically recover the day's losses!
    Or not. No intervention probably means the bottom is about to fall out. Been a lot of econ moves overseas the last few days with little coverage.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks Fishing Boat Rentals

  4. #3

    Default

    This shows you how steady the markets have been over the last 10 months or so. This is less than a 2% drop, but it seems like more. Just imagine if we get a 10% or so total drop in the next couple weeks.

  5. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    This shows you how steady the markets have been over the last 10 months or so. This is less than a 2% drop, but it seems like more. Just imagine if we get a 10% or so total drop in the next couple weeks.
    This will be totally Trump's fault.
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This will be totally Trump's fault.
    Yup.


    "Nasdaq suffers biggest daily drop since June 24, fear gauge soars on Trump worries"


    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-...row-2017-05-17


    On the other hand Trump himself has to take the blame, along with many of his supporters, since they took credit when it went up.

    The truth is the economy is a mess after decades of democrat and republican government stimulus and debt. As I've said many times, this is why I wanted Hillary to win. To put the blame for the inevitable crash on socialism.

  7. #6

    Default

    Everybody has been waiting for the pullback. Politics today might push the boulder, but it's been ready to roll for a long time.

    Sell in May... people have an itchy trigger finger right now.
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  8. #7

    Default

    Bullish

    BTFD
    What now?

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Yup.


    "Nasdaq suffers biggest daily drop since June 24, fear gauge soars on Trump worries"


    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-...row-2017-05-17


    On the other hand Trump himself has to take the blame, along with many of his supporters, since they took credit when it went up.
    So you are blaming a shooting victim for getting shot???
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  10. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    So you are blaming a shooting victim for getting shot???
    Your total lack of awareness is showing.
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Your total lack of awareness is showing.
    I don't think so..

    When the market went up, it was in part because companies were expecting to have lower expenses, in the form of lower taxes and regulatory burdens, which increases the future profitability for the market.

    Now that the deep state is calling for impeachment, over a bunch of bull$#@!, you are going to blame Trump and his supporters for the market going down?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  12. #11

    Default

    If the next 50 percent correction happens , that would be the time to buy some of the few better companies .

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I don't think so..

    When the market went up, it was in part because companies were expecting to have lower expenses, in the form of lower taxes and regulatory burdens, which increases the future profitability for the market.

    Now that the deep state is calling for impeachment, over a bunch of bull$#@!, you are going to blame Trump and his supporters for the market going down?
    Wrong. You can't have it both ways.

    Yes, the market went up because of higher expectations, but that was not a good thing. You can't erase decades of debt and ultra low rates, money printing, etc with "good thoughts". All that did was add air to the bubble. If you really understood the problems you wouldn't be celebrating the rise in the markets, you'd be warning that it's a bubble. Apparently you don't understand how weak our economic situation is.

  14. #13

    Default

    Agreed. We leveled the same criticism at Obama over oil and gas prices.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

    It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Wrong. You can't have it both ways.

    Yes, the market went up because of higher expectations, but that was not a good thing. You can't erase decades of debt and ultra low rates, money printing, etc with "good thoughts". All that did was add air to the bubble. If you really understood the problems you wouldn't be celebrating the rise in the markets, you'd be warning that it's a bubble. Apparently you don't understand how weak our economic situation is.
    That's where you're wrong.

    I never celebrated the rise in the markets, I knew it was a bubble.

    I merely stated the fact that the markets recognized, rightly so, that a reduction in taxes and regulations would lead to a higher valuation of the companies they were investing in - compared to where they were at.

    What I was "celebrating" was the possibility of actually having lower taxes and regulations, which goes toward helping solve the economic crisis we are facing.

    I never said that the current valuation was correct, I just said that the direction in which the adjustment went, due to the expectations of a changing President were correct.

    If Trump doesn't do anything that is deserving of impeachment, but the deep state tries to impeach him over some bull$#@!, and the markets go down because of that, you can't blame Trump for that. You also can't blame him when investors realize that we are in a giant dollar bubble.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That's where you're wrong.

    I never celebrated the rise in the markets, I knew it was a bubble.

    I merely stated the fact that the markets recognized, rightly so, that a reduction in taxes and regulations would lead to a higher valuation of the companies they were investing in - compared to where they were at.

    What I was "celebrating" was the possibility of actually having lower taxes and regulations, which goes toward helping solve the economic crisis we are facing.

    I never said that the current valuation was correct, I just said that the direction in which the adjustment went, due to the expectations of a changing President were correct.

    If Trump doesn't do anything to get impeached, but the deep state tries to impeach him over some bull$#@!, and the markets go down because of that, you can't blame Trump for that. You also can't blame him when investors realize that we are in a giant dollar bubble.
    I can blame Trump for, in large part, CREATING the mess that is currently on his plate. The MSM has an obvious agenda and Trump derangement syndrome, but he feeds the trolls daily with his mouth and his actions. If he were to simply shut the $#@! up and do what he campaigned on instead of making mistake after mistake, he wouldn't be in this mess. But in your world, Trump doesn't make mistakes.... this is all part of the plan, right?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

    It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

  17. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I can blame Trump for, in large part, CREATING the mess that is currently on his plate. The MSM has an obvious agenda and Trump derangement syndrome, but he feeds the trolls daily with his mouth and his actions. If he were to simply shut the $#@! up and do what he campaigned on instead of making mistake after mistake, he wouldn't be in this mess. But in your world, Trump doesn't make mistakes.... this is all part of the plan, right?
    Trump is up against the most formidable enemy there is, the deep state. He is doing just fine.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  18. #17

    Default

    The markets are grossly over valued with dismal P/E ratios that I still expect to get inflated more . When a correction happens I see no reason to not plan/expect it to be as bad as the last one which caused double digit unemployment .

  19. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump is up against the most formidable enemy there is, the deep state. He is doing just fine.
    Trump IS deep state. They aren't going to impeach him (unless he does something worse than he has so far).

    Markets move mostly based on expectations. They rose for a while with the expectation that Trump was going to do a lot to benefit business. That promise has not happened yet so they are pulling back a bit. (As noted, this is a pretty small decline anyways and not worth getting excited over). Market stable today so far and about where it was a month ago.

    Dow finished the day up 56.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-18-2017 at 04:31 PM.
    "The only thing we have to fear is.... fear itself!" Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
    "Be afwaid. Be berry afwaid" Donald Trump.

    The optimists built this country and made it great- not the fearful. Fear can only destroy.

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  20. #19

    Default

    Stocks rose on optimism about what Trump would accomplish; they're dropping as those hopes are dashed.

    However, it's not as though Trump was ever going to make any meaningful reforms anyway.

    The political scandals have popped the bubble, but it would have eventually popped anyway, with nothing accomplished month after month.
    "The program of liberalism, ...if condensed into a single word, would have to read: property..."

    -Ludwig von Mises

    "Patriotism, not nationalism, should inspire the citizen. The ethnic nationalist who wants a linguistically and culturally uniform nation is akin to the racist who is intolerant toward those who look (and behave) differently. The patriot is a "diversitarian"; he is pleased, indeed proud of the variety within the borders of his country; he looks for loyalty from all citizens. And he looks up and down, not left and right."

    -Erik Maria Ritter von Kuehnelt-Leddihn

    "All the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum. The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

    -H. L. Mencken

  21. #20

    Default

    Wait for it...


    Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

  22. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Stocks rose on optimism about what Trump would accomplish; they're dropping as those hopes are dashed.

    However, it's not as though Trump was ever going to make any meaningful reforms anyway.

    The political scandals have popped the bubble, but it would have eventually popped anyway, with nothing accomplished month after month.
    Trump is going to get even more accomplished now. He's like the Tom Brady of politicians... works best under pressure
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

  23. #22

    Default Dow closes more than 100 points higher as stocks shrug off hangover from report of Comey memo

    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.






Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •