Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amash is first Republican in Congress to float idea of impeachment

Amash is first Republican in Congress to float idea of impeachment

A reporter just tweeted the following this morning:
    Amash tells reporters that if Comey memo allegations are true, it's grounds for impeachment. Says he trusts Comey more than Trump.
    https://twitter.com/KatieBoWill/stat...41029853343745

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/st...44096535449601

------

The actual quote from Amash:

------

Thomas Massie addresses the Amash "quote" at the 1:58 mark:

White House controversies are ‘weapons of mass distraction,’ says Rep. Massie

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-21-2017 at 09:34 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

That's so basic bro, lol..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Oh Justin, you're no chess player. You're no chess player at ALL.
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

We don't have actual quotes or video from Amash yet, but McCain may have beat him to it...

https://twitter.com/ananavarro/statu...40312144252932
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Couldn't find actual video of Amash answering this question, but this was on YouTube...

WaPo neocons media cabal, war lobbies pups lke Jen Rubin and Justin are on same side on this?
    Naive move by Justin.

It was stupid mistake by some loud mouth Trump camp folks who had hinted about a primary challenge to Justin after his previous attack on Trump. Hopefully any past grudge will not be a factor in Justin making startegic decisions in a Trump vs Neocomns-Media-"ISIS Founders" cabal showdown given the stakes.

sensationalizing here

Mountain out of molehill.
    Asked by The Hill if the details in the memo would merit impeachment if they're true, Amash replied:
    "Yes. But everybody gets a fair trial in this country
    ," Amash added as he left a House GOP conference meeting.

Asked by another reporter whether he trusted Comey's word or Trump's, Amash said: "I think it's pretty clear I have more confidence in Director Comey."

Amash is one of only two House Republicans to cosponsor a Democratic bill to establish an independent commission to investigate Russia's role in the election. Rep. Walter Jones (R-N.C.) has also endorsed the legislation.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/33...ment-for-trump
    ALSO - The Hill story has a video, but it includes NO footage of Amash saying any of this. It's just a narrator.
    Last edited by Valli6; 05-17-2017 at 11:34 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. He's probably saying this to placate the left in his district, especially after his healthcare vote.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Amash Suggests Trump Impeachment

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...mp-impeachment

"In what may be the most material development of the day, moments ago GOP Representative Justin Amash (R-Mich.) said the report that President Trump pressured ousted FBI Director James Comey to end an investigation would merit impeachment if true, becoming the first Republican lawmaker to break from the party and hint at impeachment."

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Loony tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post

They asked him a hypothetical, he answered with "yes", and the media ran with their spin.

This is being way overblown. Amash did not say that Trump could be impeached. The Hill asked him if the details in the Comey memo were true, would it merit impeachment? Amash said "Yes" and added that everyone deserves a fair trial.

Most will settle for a special prosecutor

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...20076440145920
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Most will settle for a special prosecutor

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...20076440145920
    When McCain and Lindsey are not available, Kinzinger is the media's "go to" neoconservative.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/st...44096535449601

The most insane neocon propagandist, British Louise Mensch, is a huge Amash fan now!

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    This is being way overblown. Amash did not say that Trump could be impeached. The Hill asked him if the details in the Comey memo were true, would it merit impeachment? Amash said "Yes" and added that everyone deserves a fair trial.
    Yes, he did. $#@!, it's in your own quote.

This is not being overblown.

https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...23277930676224
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

And....The markets tanked like a bitch today following these sentiments being unveiled. Meanwhile, bitcoin skyrockets in response. Keep it up, Amash. The deep state and their propaganda outlets in full swing for all to see.

Libertarianz? Dramaz? Say it isn't so!

Yeah, how dare someone have a problem with a warmongering, authoritarian fascist like Trump. Imagine actually holding government leaders accountable for even flirting with disobeying the law and/or violating our rights. Wouldn't THAT be horrendous? /s

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Yeah, how dare someone have a problem with a warmongering, authoritarian fascist like Trump. Imagine actually holding government leaders accountable for even flirting with disobeying the law and/or violating our rights. Wouldn't THAT be horrendous? /s
    The "war mongering fascist" is being attacked by the warmongers for wanting peace and cooperation with Russia.

Please do tell what "rights" of yours were violated in Trumps alleged conversation with Comey - who cleared war monger, Hillary Clinton - based upon reports about an alleged memo, reported by the Jew York Times (big Iraq war pimps, NATO must bomb Libya, Assad must go, etc), which they have never seen and was read to them over the phone.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Yes, he did. $#@!, it's in your own quote.

This is not being overblown.
    The Hill asked him a hypothetical question.

Asked by The Hill if the details in the memo would merit impeachment if they're true, Amash replied: "Yes."

"But everybody gets a fair trial in this country," Amash added as he left a House GOP conference meeting.
    If Amash didn't answer the question correctly, then what should he have said instead?

The Hill asked him a hypothetical question.

If Amash didn't answer the question correctly, then what should he have said instead?
    How about "Chaffitz is getting the ALLEGED memo/s and any discussion of impeachment, based upon something nobody has seen would be ridiculously premature and inappropriate"?

How about "Chaffitz is getting the ALLEGED memo/s and any discussion of impeachment, based upon something nobody has seen would be ridiculously premature and inappropriate"?
    Fair enough. I think that's a better response, but I still don't see anything untruthful with Amash just replying "yes". Amash hasn't exactly been a fan of Trump from the very beginning. Justin's gone out of the way to make it clear he's never endorsed Trump, but he was re-elected anyway.

Interesting summary near the end. According to Judge Napolitano, based on what is currently known, there is no crime, but impeachment is a political process, so any President can be impeached if the votes are there.

The "war mongering fascist" is being attacked by the warmongers for wanting peace and cooperation with Russia.
    But you know full well that Amash has never criticized him for that in particular.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast