Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whites banned from cafe designated as nonwhite 'sanctuary'

Whites banned from cafe designated as nonwhite 'sanctuary'

WHITES BANNED FROM CAFE DESIGNATED AS NONWHITE 'SANCTUARY'

http://www.wnd.com/2017/05/whites-ba...ite-sanctuary/

American University in Washington, D.C., has reportedly banned white students from using its new “student lounge” for the spring semester, according to the College Fix.

The lounge, which is called “The Bridge,” opened just six weeks ago. It is planned to be “a community space that student organizations can use however they would like,” with open mic nights, slam poetry and “other student initiated programming,” Darcy Frailey, associate director for facilities and other event services, told the Eagle, American University’s student news site. The lounge seats 80 people and features large working tables, comfortable sofas and chairs, coffee tables, a television and a large stage for events. School officials said they plan to hire students who qualify for the federal work-study program to work at “The Bridge.”

The ban comes just after campus officials discovered bananas hanging in nooses with the letters “AKA” and the word “Harambe” scribbled onto them. “AKA” is short for Alpha Kappa Alpha, a black sorority. The May 1 incident led to a 50-student protest Friday that blocked traffic in a parking garage. The student crowd chanted “We can’t breathe,” a reference to black New Yorker Eric Garner, who died on July 17, 2014, after he was arrested by police.

“Do I not pay? Do I not pay for tuition?” junior Romayit Cherinet called to the crowd of protesters. “Do I come here and try as best as possible to ignore these racist ass white people? To ignore the microaggressions every single day?”

Get the hottest, most important news stories on the Internet – delivered FREE to your inbox as soon as they break! Take just 30 seconds and sign up for WND’s Email News Alerts!

The students issued a set of three demands to school administrators. It remains unclear whether the banana incident was a hoax or a case of racially motivated hate and vandalism.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia has joined the FBI and campus police in the investigation of the banana incident, the Washington Post reported. The paper added, “Authorities have released a video of a person of interest, but no arrests have been made.”

The following is a video of the protest and Provost Scott Bass agreeing to the students’ demands:

“For the remaining [sic] of the semester, the Bridge will become a sanctuary for people of color,” the ultimatum begins, referring to a student café and lounge on campus.

Students also demanded that “all POC [persons of color] students get extensions, and should not be penalized for already scheduled finals after the incident,” arguing that the racist incident on campus has distressed many students to the point that they are unable to focus on exams.

The final demand calls for a “separate investigation team based out of the university (composed of a group of non-biased expert contractors) that can investigate cases of racism and discrimination brought against the institution of American University.”

American University Provost Scott Bass agreed to the students’ demands. Bass said the college also signed a contract with Ibram X. Kendi, author of “Stamped from the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America,” to begin an anti-racism center on the school’s campus.

“There’s nothing more important, in terms of my administration, than being a multicultural campus,” Bass reportedly told the student protesters.

Like the reporting you see here? Sign up for free news alerts from WND.com, America’s independent news network.

That’s when the student protesters reportedly abandoned their parking garage blockade and celebrated their victory with chants of “We are AU!”

Bass said meeting the students’ demands “is just a minimum” and “doesn’t stop our commitment to do more.”

Meanwhile, the Washington Post editorial board laid some of the blame for the banana incident on President Trump.

“Two-bit provocations such as hanging nooses on campuses play on emotions made raw in the wake of the presidential campaign that featured the vilification of minorities and barely veiled race-baiting,” the Post’s board wrote.

The Post continued: “For university administrators, the challenge is to address that legitimate pain with sensitivity and make crystal clear that racist signs, symbols and speech are off-limits. For students, whose outrage is legitimate, it’s worth considering that the more campus life is disrupted by such provocations, the more the provocateurs win. Don’t let them.”

Also, more than 100 faculty and staff members cited the list of demands Thursday in a signed “solidarity statement” published by the Eagle.

The faculty and staff members said they’re “appalled by the racist, white supremacist hate crime” of nooses and hanging bananas and are committed to “continuing to engage the systemic roots and current effects of racism on campus.”

The signatories said the university’s agreement to the three demands is “only a small step” toward prioritizing “black students and other students of color.” They also presented the school with the following list:

[We] urge the administration to collaborate with Black students and other students of color, to address their academic needs, their safety, and their overall well being — steps that will benefit all of AU and that are critical to living up to the University’s commitment to social justice;
    [We] urge the administration to identify and prosecute the perpetrator(s) of this crime to the fullest extent allowed by law and to expel any student(s) found responsible for participating in the crime;
    [We] urge incoming President Sylvia Mathews Burwell to identify the steps she will take to guarantee that AU has no tolerance for anyone creating a hostile environment for students of color, and that anyone doing so will be punished;
    [We] urge President Burwell to meet with students of color regularly to understand their experiences on campus and to collaborate with them in creating an inclusive university for all.
    “Lastly, we urge President Neil Kerwin to use his last commencement ceremonies as president – and the opportunity to speak to thousands in the AU community and millions in a national media audience – to publicly condemn this racist hate crime and to identify concrete steps the University is taking to address this crime and the racism at AU and in society at large,” the statement says.

Get the hottest, most important news stories on the Internet – delivered FREE to your inbox as soon as they break! Take just 30 seconds and sign up for WND’s Email News Alerts!

The video of Provost Bass agreeing to the students’ concessions received the following responses on YouTube:

“What a coward. This guy is being intimidated by these protesters” – Jupiter Vanguard
    “This is excruciating to watch. Utterly embarrassing” – EthioMod
    “Isn’t this all over a couple of bananas?” – Pure Heroine
    “I support their demands for segregation. Very progressive” – James Caster
    “Self-segregation. Bold strategy. Let’s see how it works out for them” – AlienAmerican
    “I must live in a bubble somewhere. How do you ban people [from] a certain area? Did my country move? My child would be pulled from this school immediately. I hope they lose their funding” – Joyce Wood

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A. It would be ideal if black clubs could exclude whites, and vice versa: freedom of association. Unfortunately, it only goes one way these days.

B. ...

The lounge, which is called “The Bridge,” opened just six weeks ago. It is planned to be “a community space that student organizations can use however they would like,” with open mic nights, slam poetry and “other student initiated programming,” Darcy Frailey, associate director for facilities and other event services, told the Eagle, American University’s student news site.
    That sounds extraordinarily boring and horrible. I won't be trying to sneak in.

Didn't last long. https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/32641/

American University turns ‘sanctuary’ for nonwhites into junk storage space

When American University gave into demands from black student activists to keep white people out of a new cafe, the administration probably considered the school-sanctioned segregation would be short-lived.

In the wake of the racist-banana incident on campus, activists had demanded sole use of The Bridge Cafe as a “sanctuary” for people of color through the end of the semester, which was only a few days away.

Now that the semester is over, The Bridge Cafe has apparently become a sanctuary for junk.

An alumnus who went to check out the space Monday told The College Fix in an email that “it was unoccupied and looked like it was being used [as] a storage space for stuff from commencement weekend” the prior two days.

He said he had wanted to “see if I would get kicked out” because he could “pass” as a person of color – the lone qualification for access to The Bridge under the activists’ accepted demand.

The activist response to the hanging of bananas around campus, marked with “Harambe” and the initials of a historically black sorority, “makes me embarrassed to be a part of the university,” the alumnus said:
    Harambe: http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-38383126
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-16-2017 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I don't care if its only for finals week, no admin should give into the demands of these petty tyrants. They could have demanded cameras in the lounge or extra security or something reasonable to catch the prankster.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I don't care if its only for finals week, no admin should give into the demands of these petty tyrants. They could have demanded cameras in the lounge or extra security or something reasonable to catch the prankster.
    Ah- a bigger police/ surveillance state would be a better thing. The bananas were all over campus.

Ah- a bigger police/ surveillance state would be a better thing. The bananas were all over campus.
    Let me see if this works both ways.....

If there're loaves of Wonderbread hanging from trees with some offensive to me slogan printed on them would I be 'entitled' to my own safe space? Heat-n-air, furniture and food?

If I felt really-really oppressed could I skip out on finals and tuition?

Camera and security is not the same thing as police. Also, even if they demanded extra police in the school, that still wouldn't have been an unreasonable demand.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Let me see if this works both ways.....

If there're loaves of Wonderbread hanging from trees with some offensive to me slogan printed on them would I be 'entitled' to my own safe space? Heat-n-air, furniture and food?

Neither "solution" works.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-16-2017 at 07:48 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nooses and bananas are not microaggressions. They are aggressions. It's inappropriate and worthy of expulsion. On the other hand, if the school gets one dime of tax funding students should not be excluded from any space based on race.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Do I not pay? Do I not pay for tuition?” junior Romayit Cherinet called to the crowd of protesters. “Do I come here and try as best as possible to ignore these racist ass white people? To ignore the microaggressions every single day?”
    Yer on the cusp of understanding, then you go full dumb-ass.

It depends.

(a) Are you white?

(b) Is your father's name Fred Trump?

If the answer to (a) is yes, you're screwed, unless your answer to (b) is yes.

...in which case you shall "succeed" despite being an imbecile.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

Isn't it something special when the government orders racism?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

I bet the poetry really sucked .
    Do something Danke

I expect this from the university loony bin...normally I'd be pissed about this...meh, good indication of where not to go.

Ah- a bigger police/ surveillance state would be a better thing.
    You speak fairly progressively on this site. I am almost certain that you approve of a lot government surveillance. Would I be right? If so, then why the post? Playing the contrary role again?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Nooses and bananas are not microaggressions. They are aggressions.
    Sounds like it's the bananas that need the safe space.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Nooses and bananas are not microaggressions. They are aggressions.
    Against the banana or the noose?

I don't have a problem with people disliking or antagonizing each other, some good ol' fist fights would beat the hell out of all this whining and complaining...

No wonder government is so big, run-n-tell every time somebody gets their feelings hurt.

Aggression is a punch in the mouth not a $#@!ing banana...

Against the banana or the noose?

I don't have a problem with people disliking or antagonizing each other, some good ol' fist fights would beat the hell out of all this whining and complaining...

No wonder government is so big, run-n-tell every time somebody gets their feelings hurt.

Aggression is a punch in the mouth not a $#@!ing banana...
    Seems obvious. But no. Nowadays, passing gas is battery. First World problems. The apex of Western Civilization.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Looks like free food to me. I doubt the marker made it in to the good part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

it's ok guys, they just need a change of heart and they will be libertarians soon enough

$#@! these people and their micro-minds....

Why must tax dollars pay for this BS?

Using publicly funded institutions to 'validate' victimhood in order to extract more lucre...

Trump Administration Awards $230K Grant to Study Racist ‘Microaggressions’ in Science

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/trum...ns-in-science/

Under the Trump administration, a University of Georgia professor has received nearly $230,000 in federal funding to study how racial “microaggressions” may hold back black and Hispanic students studying science—and what policies universities should put in place to deter or penalize microaggressors.

“Research shows that science and science education faculty and students from these populations regularly face intentional and unintentional acts of racial microaggressions that often negatively impact whether they remain in the [science, technology, engineering and mathematics] pipeline,” the National Science Foundation said. “Since many of these acts of racial microaggression come from administrators, colleagues, and peers, this project will serve as an important step in directly addressing this issue.”

The recipient of the award is Mary Atwater, a University of Georgia math and science professor. She plans to use implicit attitude tests and other tools to explore how “people of European-American descent” engage in “subtle, indirect or unintentional discrimination against members of a marginalized group in science education,” the student newspaper reported.

The National Science Foundation has also provided funding for Atwater to explore what higher education can do discourage or punish those who commit microaggressions.

The University of Georgia already has a potentially strict policy in place. Its non-discrimination and anti-harassment policy says that microaggressions can constitute discriminatory harassment, “depending on their severity, frequency and context.”

In 2014, another University of Georgia professor said microaggressions can include “micro-insults” like backhanded compliments, “micro-assaults” that “demean or discount someone’s opinion or intelligence” and “micro-invalidations.”

The university requires all professors, supervisors or others in positions of authority on campus to report such discriminatory harassment to the Equal Opportunity Office. Punishments for acts or comments deemed discriminatory harassment range from mandatory training or counseling to a transcript notation, probation, suspension and expulsion.

While the University of Georgia’s policy does pay lip service to free speech, it also states that “academic freedom and freedom of expression will not excuse behavior that constitutes a violation of the law or this Policy.”

these people have killed any motivation I may or may not have ever had to live in a multicultural neighborhood, and even city. I can't wait to get away from these loonies

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    these people have killed any motivation I may or may not have ever had to live in a multicultural neighborhood, and even city. I can't wait to get away from these loonies
    I've been hollering this for a while now.

I know my "tolerance" has completely worn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I've been hollering this for a while now.

I know my "tolerance" has completely worn out.
    I live in the Ozarks.......

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Example of loss of tolerance:

My first reaction to this story was: "Good. Take your ponchos, serapes y sombreros the $#@! out of my state. And take your re-fried sick you call 'food' as well."

Second reaction: "Oh, and don't ever let me catch you celebrating Halloween in any way."

White student accosted for wearing serape on Cinco de Mayo

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9158

May 09, 2017 at 1:16 PM EDT

A University of New Hampshire student publicly berated and harassed a peer for wearing a serape on his way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, proudly posting a video of the encounter on Facebook.

Danique Montique was most incensed by the fact that the student was a white male, complaining that this gives him "the most privilege in this whole f***ing country."

She also loudly told him that Cinco de Mayo is "not your holiday" and that "you white people" need to find different holidays to celebrate.

A University of New Hampshire student publicly berated and harassed a peer for wearing a serape on his way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, proudly posting a video of the encounter on Facebook.

“What’s the point of wearing a poncho? If you’re not Mexican, it’s not your holiday,” student Danique Montique exclaimed as she approached the unidentified student and a group of his friends.

“You’re perpetuating the stereotype that Mexicans drink and wear ponchos for a living.”

One of the student’s companions attempted to explain that they were simply “celebrating” the holiday, but was interrupted by Montique, who shouted, “celebrating what?” and “it’s not your holiday!”

This prompted another student to ask which holiday would be appropriate for him and his friends to celebrate, but the query was only met with another lecture about Cinco de Mayo.

“That’s stuff for you white people to figure out. I don’t $#@!ing know! Cinco de Mayo is not your holiday,” she again declared. “You’re perpetuating the stereotype that Mexicans drink and wear ponchos for a living. That’s what you’re doing, and you also have to keep in mind the racial tension that’s happening right now where your president claims that Mexicans only come here, drink, and steal your jobs.”

In a second video of the encounter, which Montique proudly posted to her Facebook page alongside the first, she and a friend chastise the accused student, who eventually identifies himself as Michael, for not understanding “the appropriate way to celebrate a holiday.”

Michael then attempted to suggest that his interlocutors were making “too big a deal out of it,” but they quickly dismissed his attempts to settle the dispute, saying “that’s how you feel because you’re not a part of the culture.”

“This stuff actually affects people’s lives, and I don’t think you understand that,” Montique carried on. “You’re perpetuating the stereotype, Michael. It’s not just about you wearing it. It’s about you as a man—a white man, who has the most privilege in this whole $#@!ing country—knowing what’s happening in this country right now.”

After the encounter, Montique posted both videos to Facebook along with several pictures of students celebrating on campus, writing that she “was utterly disgusted with students who chose to demean and appropriate Mexican culture,” and casting blame on the university for failing to intervene.

“For an institution that claims it encourages diversity, where were you yesterday when we needed you the most? Why do you encourage us to come here? Yet we’re forced to defend our existence every day on this campus,” she complained, addressing the post, “Dear UNH.”

“I walked on campus miserable as if I didn’t belong. As a black woman, I was forced to become the very thing society deemed me to be: angry,” she concluded. “To my Mexican brothers and sisters, I am sorry. Sorry us [sic] wildcats let y’all down. Sorry this institution failed to protect you.”

Montique told Campus Reform that she hasn’t reported the incident to administrators, saying she thinks the university “is aware of everything that’s been going on but...remain[ed] silent throughout this entire situation,” remarking that it was impossible for her to avoid noticing her classmates’ costumery on Cinco de Mayo.

“Then the more I walked on the campus, the more dressed up people were, and it angered me,” she said. “I couldn’t even go to eat in the dining halls without seeing students making a culture a costume.”

Campus Reform reached out to both UNH and Michael for comment on the encounter, but did not receive a response from either in time for publication.

And my reaction, had I been Micheal, would have been:

"You know, you're right. I should not be wasting my time wearing goofy clothes and floppy hats getting drunk on $#@! booze, celebrating a second rate holiday from a third world country. Thanks."

As a black woman, I was forced to become the very thing society deemed me to be: angry,” she concluded. “To my Mexican brothers and sisters, I am sorry. Sorry us [sic] wildcats let y’all down.
    She needs to check her black privilege. Does she think Mexicans incapable of defending themselves and their holiday?

When they do their best to label all white people as racist, I sure hope they aren't surprised when white people turn into racists as a result.

Obviously Misunderstood.

No need for new James Raven Laws.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    When they do their best to label all white people as racist, I sure hope they aren't surprised when white people turn into racists as a result.
    /thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast