Thread: Sell Bitcoin for cash, get years in prison

Sell Bitcoin for cash, get years in prison

Looks like the man is cracking down on person to person bitcoin sales.

https://news.bitcoin.com/government-...-transmitters/

In a recently circulated case, a Missouri man pleaded guilty to conducting an unlicensed and unregulated money transmitter service. The man, Jason R. Klein, posted advertisements on the internet to exchange Bitcoin for cash. The Missouri attorneys office statement said,

Between Feb. 6, 2015, and July 27, 2016, Klein, acting with another, met with two undercover federal agents on numerous occasions to exchange bitcoin for cash. Today’s plea agreement cites five separate transactions in which money (ranging from $1,000 to $15,000) was exchanged in person for an electronic transfer of bitcoin. Each of the transactions included a fee that Klein or another person charged the undercover agents, for a total of $2,122 in fees.

Klein is subject to receive a penalty of up to five years in prison without parole.
    Interesting.. so if you're a computer shop and a hospital staffer comes in to ask for help, they were hit with a crypto locker virus with a day left to pay or medical records go away forrever. It appears you would have to say 'sorry, I would love to help you but the government says you must buy your bitcoin through one of a few exchanges that take days to verify your identity, you're screwed'
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I suspect this whole thing about computers, ransom and bitcoin is just a way to get at bitcoin and make is too difficult to use. Somebody has it out for that currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I suspect this whole thing about computers, ransom and bitcoin is just a way to get at bitcoin and make is too difficult to use. Somebody has it out for that currency.
    I'm in agreement.

So tax dollars are being used by undercover govt agents buying bitcoin with cash ? Sounds very legit , thanks govt for looking out for everyone .
    Do something Danke