Thread: People are marrying themselves, it's called 'sologamy'

Default People are marrying themselves, it's called 'sologamy'

http://www.thv11.com/news/special-re...gamy/439328814

May 12, 2017

BROOKLYN (CBS) - If the secret to a happy marriage is finding the right person, we can all stop looking. At least, according to "sologamists." They're part of a growing relationship trend, in which people are tying the knot to themselves.

Erika Anderson is one of them.

“I would describe it as women saying yes to themselves,” Anderson said. “It means that we are enough, even if we are not partnered with someone else."

In many ways, the 37-year-old bride looked like any other on her wedding day. She wore a white dress and had a bouquet. Anderson looked stunning with the Brooklyn bridge and New York City skyline behind her.

Except when she walked down the aisle, no one was waiting for her. That’s just the way she wanted it.

Anderson said she grew tired of people asking why she was still single. So, in front of family and friends she married herself.

Self-marriage—or sologamy—is growing. Partly because it’s popping up in pop culture, like when an episode of ‘Sex and the City’ floated the idea.

Now, the movement has gone global and companies are trying to capitalize.

“Marry Yourself” in Canada offers consulting and wedding photography. There’s also IMarriedMe.com, launched by San Francisco man Jeffrey Levin. His site offers sologamy ceremony kits, which includes a wedding band, daily affirmation cards and vows.

"I think it's increased over the years, and it's something that's becoming more understood and more accepted,” Levin said.

Anderson married herself to celebrate independence and believes others should, too.

"You're worth it!" Anderson exclaimed.

Anderson just celebrated her one-year anniversary with a solo trip to Mexico. She said even though she's married to herself, she's dating and open to marrying another person.

After all, in the eyes of the law, self-marriage is not a legally binding union.

The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Well, crap, if it's not a legally binding union, I couldn't claim my spouse as a dependent and we couldn't file jointly.

I bet the wedding night is exciting, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I bet the wedding night is exciting, lol.
    I dunno, if a person has been sleeping with his spouse, all his life, it might seem kind of hum drum.

It used to be you had to get a license from the state to have children. WTF is this exactly, a license to masturbate?

How long until people start popping up as "sologamysts with an open marriage?"

Finally HB can find someone and stop spending so much time searching at those Phoenix bath houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Just for the record, 99% of the time I say "In my country........" I am actually messing with you people because I know you guys have absolutely no idea what happens in my country.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of apportionment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    It used to be you had to get a license from the state to have children. WTF is this exactly, a license to masturbate?

A "solopolyamorist." Bwahaha! I think you've won today's interwebz.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post

I can just imagine somebody committing suicide over having cheated in such a relationship.

The divorce would be painful and expensive.
    "There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."~~Charles Kingsley

These people have a mental disorder
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Finally HB can find someone and stop spending so much time searching at those Phoenix bath houses.
    HB is Orthodox and won't do this sort of thing. Nor does he go to bath houses. But the good news is you now have an option if eduardo leaves you for good and you can't find another boy. ~hugs~
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RPEphesians 6:12 (KJV)For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

n/m
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RPEphesians 6:12 (KJV)For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    http://www.thv11.com/news/special-re...gamy/439328814
    “I would describe it as women saying yes to themselves,” Anderson said. “It means that we are enough, even if we are not partnered with someone else."

In many ways, the 37-year-old bride looked like any other on her wedding day. She wore a white dress and had a bouquet. Anderson looked stunning with the Brooklyn bridge and New York City skyline behind her.

Except when she walked down the aisle, no one was waiting for her.
    Cats won't sit still for that crap.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.

Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

I'm not married but I don't think I'd go so far as to marry myself.

Should I ever get divorced, I wouldn't want to lose the dog.
    If something bad happens, we will be blamed. If something good happens, we will get no credit. If nothing happens, we will be forgotten.

The Principles that Govern Social Interaction

I'd say embarrassing, but I bet they're not embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I dunno, if a person has been sleeping with his spouse, all his life, it might seem kind of hum drum.
    I wonder if she's going to cut herself off now that she's married.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I feel like I'm being trolled with this "news" article.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I wonder if she's going to cut herself off now that she's married.
    She will probably have a sudden increase of headaches and not want to indulge.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Wait, you haven't met the rest of the SJW team.
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    With a few notable exceptions (Glenn Greenwald, Ben Swann, etc.) you're being trolled by just about every "news" article/story.

It's just a matter of degree ...

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows