Thread: Enraged Californians rebel against Gov. Brown’s massive tax hike on cars and gas

Enraged Californians rebel against Gov. Brown’s massive tax hike on cars and gas

In California, a state known for its love of driving, high-priced gasoline and history of tax revolts, a rebellion is brewing against Gov. Jerry Brown’s massive gas-and-car tax increase.
    In the two weeks since the Democrat signed Senate Bill 1, opponents have launched an initiative drive to repeal the $52.4 billion transportation package as well as a recall campaign to eject a vulnerable Democratic state senator who is seen as the deciding vote for the law.

more at: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-car-tax-hike/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unfortunately for those still trapped in California, the people most likely to have supported this rebellion have fled the state by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

CalExit

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Unfortunately for those still trapped in California, the people most likely to have supported this rebellion have fled the state by now.
    Honestly, though, I'm not sure if that many people with cars are actually trapped in CA.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Enraged Californians shouldn't have voted that commie into the Governors office.
    "The Patriarch"

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

They care about government overreach?

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    They care about government overreach?
    No they care about their own wallet.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Enraged Californians shouldn't have voted that commie into the Governors office.
    Recycling that guy into office would be similar to Ohio electing Jerry Springer Gov. except much worse .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The gas tax is completely voluntary. If they don't want to pay a gas tax they can just buy a Tesla
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The gas tax is completely voluntary. If they don't want to pay a gas tax they can just buy a Tesla
    On top of the gas tax, there is also the additional vehicle registration fees that apply to everyone wanting to register a car. Many years ago, an insane vehicle registration fee was one of the big reasons why CA gov. Gray Davis was recalled and the Governator was elected.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    They still have to pay a gas tax indirectly as gas is required several times for most goods and services
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.