Thread: Rand Paul on CBS This Morning - 5/10

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A good clip for his reaction to the question about Trump meeting Lavrov

I think Rand is making a pitch for Trump voters the next time he runs for president.

Rand says in this video that Russia is an adversary, but I'm not sure I agree with that. It's been the U.S.'s endless aggression against Russia since the fall of the Soviet Union that has caused ill feelings. James Baker promised Gorbachev if Gorbachev withdrew troops from East Germany that NATO would not ever put any bases east of Germany. Immediately after Gorbachev withdrew troops, the U.S. reneged on its promise and now has NATO countries and bases right up to Russia's border. Russia did nothing to deserve this. Now we have whole brigades doing "training exercises" literally one football field away from Russia's border in the Baltic States. As a result of our aggression, Russia has put troops on their border inside their own country -- and then our media complains they have troops on their own border! In 2008 we were behind the Georgian invasion of South Ossetia right on Russia's border, we were behind the overthrow of the democratically elected leader of Ukraine (traditionally Russia's bread basket). And on and on and on. Russia is not naturally an adversary: it is the U.S. that has done everything it possibly can to enrage Russia for no reason whatsoever except to be the usual bully and thug it has perfected itself to be.