Thread: Rep. Justin Amash Considers Independent Investigation After Comey Firing

Rep. Justin Amash Considers Independent Investigation After Comey Firing

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...a-after-comeys

A House Republican is calling for an independent commission to examine Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election after President Trump’s bombshell decision to fire FBI Director James Comey on Tuesday.

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.), a member of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, said on Twitter that he is “reviewing legislation to establish an independent commission on Russia.”

The lawmaker called a paragraph in Trump's letter firing Comey “bizarre.” In that section, Trump claims Comey assured him multiple times that he wasn't under investigation.

“While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the Bureau,” Trump wrote to Comey.

The FBI has been for months looking at whether Moscow coordinated with anyone in Trump's campaign to influence the election in the billionaire businessman's favor. The House and Senate Intelligence committees are also investigating.

Democrats and a handful of other Republicans who previously called for an independent commission or prosecutor on Russia reiterated their support for the idea on Tuesday.

Critics have questioned whether Trump’s decision to fire Comey was an attempt to sway the FBI's Russia investigation, with many questioning the timing of Comey’s dismissal.
    Looks like Rand and Justin are split on this issue? Rand supports the firing and Justin wants to investigate... strange
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

lol... obviously you missed Justin's townhalls.

I've been giving him a big pass on a lot of issues since I saw that video a while back, and I congratulate him on all the great work he is doing even if I don't agree with every single one of the thousands of decisions he has to make.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

Looks like Rand and Justin are split on this issue? Rand supports the firing and Justin wants to investigate... strange

So sorry that I also posted a thread about this. I didn't see yours. My own OP:

Amash Russia investigation???

Just saw a tweet from the congressman (my congressman, btw) and heard a news report that he is looking into legislation to establish an independent commission to investigate the Russia collusion/meddling/hacking/whatever. I called both his DC and Grand Rapids offices about it. Didn't get any answers.

Does anyone have any idea why Justin Amash would even dream of further indulging this utter nonsense? Even the Trump haters like Brennan and Clapper have been forced to admit there is NOTHING there. Why on earth would Amash think of spending more time and money on some phony investigation based upon a pack of lies? The entire story was cooked up by the Obama hacks and Clinton mafia. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows this. Surely, Justin Amash knows this so I don't get it. It's so ridiculous that the notorious neocon nut case, Louise Mensch, is now cheering on Amash!!!

WTH? Anyone?

I'm pretty angry about about this.

The Russians have to think the Americans (and their EU buddies) are both bat$#@! crazy and demonic liars.

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    So sorry that I also posted a thread about this. I didn't see yours. My own OP:

Amash Russia investigation???

Just saw a tweet from the congressman (my congressman, btw) and heard a news report that he is looking into legislation to establish an independent commission to investigate the Russia collusion/meddling/hacking/whatever. I called both his DC and Grand Rapids offices about it. Didn't get any answers.

Does anyone have any idea why Justin Amash would even dream of further indulging this utter nonsense? Even the Trump haters like Brennan and Clapper have been forced to admit there is NOTHING there. Why on earth would Amash think of spending more time and money on some phony investigation based upon a pack of lies? The entire story was cooked up by the Obama hacks and Clinton mafia. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows this. Surely, Justin Amash knows this so I don't get it. It's so ridiculous that the notorious neocon nut case, Louise Mensch, is now cheering on Amash!!!

WTH? Anyone?

I'm pretty angry about about this.

The Russians have to think the Americans (and their EU buddies) are both bat$#@! crazy and demonic liars.
    HOW DARE YOU POST SOMETHING I ALSO POSTED ABOUT!!!!!!

Lol... No worries. The more the merrier. Mods can merge or whatever. The more people read about it the better

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    lol... obviously you missed Justin's townhalls.

I've been giving him a big pass on a lot of issues since I saw that video a while back, and I congratulate him on all the great work he is doing even if I don't agree with every single one of the thousands of decisions he has to make.
    He should not a get a pass on this. This Russia crap is all lies. Giving credibility to such lies and the liars who propagated them is morally corrupt.

I don't know what Amash is thinking. Is it a way of getting back at Trump? If so, not acceptable.

Does anyone have any idea why Justin Amash would even dream of further indulging this utter nonsense? Even the Trump haters like Brennan and Clapper have been forced to admit there is NOTHING there. Why on earth would Amash think of spending more time and money on some phony investigation based upon a pack of lies?
    That's a great question, you are totally correct about the Russia stuff being a load of BS and Ron Paul certainly agrees with you.

If you watched Justin's townhall a few months ago, you would know there are a ton of progressives in his district that he has to contend with.

Justin does a great job at knowing where to draw the line, and when to pander to his constituents. This will score high points with his constituents while doing nothing to damage Trump because, like you said, there is nothing there. And in fact, an investigation should turn up the same.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He should not a get a pass on this. This Russia crap is all lies. Giving credibility to such lies and the liars who propagated them is morally corrupt.

I don't know what Amash is thinking. Is it a way of getting back at Trump? If so, not acceptable.
    Like I said, an investigation might be a good thing because at the end of the day they will have to admit they have nothing.

And you don't have to go to Justin's town halls and deal with his constituents.. I saw what he has to put up with, and I totally understand. He does need to get re-elected - that doesn't mean he should go against the Constitution, but I don't mind a little pandering. We are in this for the long game.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    HOW DARE YOU POST SOMETHING I ALSO POSTED ABOUT!!!!!!

Lol... No worries. The more the merrier. Mods can merge or whatever. The more people read about it the better
    What are your thoughts about this?

For the record, I'm very pro Russia and Putin. I closely followed the war in Ukraine, from the inception, which was a US-neocon engineered coup d'etat. That has resulted in an estimated 10,000 deaths in Donbass/east Ukraine - ALL the fault of the US/EU/NATO/Soros provocateurs and all blamed on Russia who is currently being ring fenced with NATO bases and missiles. When the good people of Donbass and Crimea gave a collective "screw you" to the US puppets in Kiev, all of the stops were pulled out to smear Russia. The provocateurs were absolutely enraged at Crimeans voting to re-join Russia as the US/NATO thought their coup would allow them to take over the peninsula which has the been home of the Russian navy for 240 years. This demonization of Russia dovetailed nicely for Hillary looking for anyone to blame for her 2016 loss. For Amash to give any credibility to these lairs, for whatever reason, is outrageous. The Trotskyites (neocons and Democraps) are pushing us to the brink of a nuclear conflict with Russia over LIES! This is serious $#@!. Playing this game of investigations into something that is fiction discredits Amash.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Like I said, an investigation might be a good thing because at the end of the day they will have to admit they have nothing.

And you don't have to go to Justin's town halls and deal with his constituents.. I saw what he has to put up with, and I totally understand. He does need to get re-elected - that doesn't mean he should go against the Constitution, but I don't mind a little pandering. We are in this for the long game.
    There have already been "investigations" and there is nothing. This long game, if that's what it is, just feeds into the Trotskyite's game of endless investigations, innuendo and outright lies which are part of their pre-planned commie coup. The only investigation that should be called for is a criminal investigation into the Obama-Clinton conspiracy to undermine Obama's successor.

Those aren't mutually exclusive as one could support both firing Comey and investing Trump. Amash implied that he wants an independent investigation because Comey didn't investigate, so he may also approve of the firing.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

the US/NATO thought their coup would allow them to take over the peninsula which has the been home of the Russian navy for 240 years.
    Source? I don't believe this specific aspect was talked about at the time. Since then I have not paid as much attention.

About four months prior to the Maidan coup, on the website Fedbiz.gov, the US navy put up a bid request for remodeling work on a school building in Sevastopol, which I read. It was taken down after the vote in Crimea to re-join Russia. Something like that, along with familiarity with the politics and "leadership" in Kiev and simple geopolitics/global chess game, tells you what the US/NATO had planned. Even Putin openly stated, in his speech on the re-unification, that he would not have liked waking up and seeing a NATO base in Crimea.

After the fall of the USSR and Ukrainian independence, the Russian Federation leased their naval bases from Ukraine. What would have happened is that Ukraine would have tried to cancel the lease, or not renew it when it was up (it had recently been renewed for several years) and they would have turned it over to the US and NATO. That would have been a huge prize for the US/NATO, both strategically and financially as it's already an advanced submarine base.

Anyway, just heard radio news and Amash is still pushing for this independent commission to investigate this fiction.