Thread: Don't use our smart meter and we'll shut off your water

Don't use our smart meter and we'll shut off your water

Water company threatening to shut off my service if I don't accept their wireless meter, despite ours working perfectly fine and willing to call in meter readings. Also, was notified by employee that inspected our meter prior that I'm responsible for damages if they screw up my old pipes when installing it, so I should get a plumber to replace the pipes so they can replace my meter which, again, is working perfectly fine. I always wanted a potential incendiary device in my home. Aren't lithium batteries in those meters to power them? And doesn't lithium explode when exposed to water? And isn't it not a good thing to have fire anywhere near gas pipes? Is my brain matter safe?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No. All of this needs to be in a bunker.

Wat
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

- Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

nobody knows how to handle this?

- Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    nobody knows how to handle this?
    You can ignore my advice at your own peril.

You gave no advice. I think the IQ of RPF has dropped drastically

- Edward R. Murrow

Well, I suppose you can't really change water companies.

Hm. Interesting scenario.

I know that when the gas company wanted to install a wireless meter, I told em I didnt want one, I'll call it in when I need it. They said, no, we have to have it wireless. So I said okay, I'll get a new gas company. Which I did. That's the beauty of the free market.

But it doesn't seem like you're in a free market situation. There's a word for your situation that escapes me at the moment.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I concur about the IQ. Which part of putting everything in a bunker did you not understand?

Also the phone company has been trying to bully me into getting rid of my copper landline and replacing it with cable. They say it's better, except for the part the battery only lasts 4 hours if we lose power, then no phone after that. Better.

- Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Well, I suppose you can't really change water companies.

Hm. Interesting scenario.

I know that when the gas company wanted to install a wireless meter, I told em I didnt want one, I'll call it in when I need it. They said, no, we have to have it wireless. So I said okay, I'll get a new gas company. Which I did. That's the beauty of the free market.

But it doesn't seem like you're in a free market situation. There's a word for your situation that escapes me at the moment.
    Fu**ed?

I suppose you could dig a well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Fu**ed?

I suppose you could dig a well.
    Where I used to live, if there as a municipal water supply, it was illegal to put in a well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Where I used to live, if there as a municipal water supply, it was illegal to put in a well.
    I don't even check into that crap. If I wanted a well, I'd put one in and keep my pie hole shut.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I don't even check into that crap. If I wanted a well, I'd put one in and keep my pie hole shut.
    I'm pretty sure, one of your neighbors would see the well drilling rig in your yard and report you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I'm pretty sure, one of your neighbors would see the well drilling rig in your yard and report you.
    No one reported us when we had bulldozers in the yard and Mr Animal put in our unpermited retaining walls. Or when he built the giant tree-house. Or even when we had the pool put in. If you pay people in cash, they're usually willing to overlook things like permits and other government charges.

That's also where being good to our neighbors comes in. I stay friendly with everyone even the one's I don't like.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

That's also where being good to our neighbors comes in. I stay friendly with everyone even the one's I don't like.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

People used to get shot over water claims...diversion, denial of, etc.. Just sayin'.

I just received a similar letter in the mail. We have municipal water and it's illegal to install a well. What can I do to stop this?

Thoughts?

- ML

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Landon View Post
    I just received a similar letter in the mail. We have municipal water and it's illegal to install a well. What can I do to stop this?
    Write a letter to your congressperson.