Thread: Plache vs. DesMarais in Tuesday 23 May Wolfeboro Special Election

Plache vs. DesMarais in Tuesday 23 May Wolfeboro Special Election

Plache defeated an FSP aligned "liberty" candidate in a special election earlier this year.

He now faces Edie DesMarais in a final election on 23 May.

Plache appears to be a "run of the mill" conservative Republican.

DesMarais is a pussy protester...which should tell anybody all they really need to know about her.

Interesting to see how this will turn out.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    //
    He should be able to crush her. The local Republican establishment got behind Matt in the GOP Primary, by endorsing him. That to me suggest he is middle of the road for a Republican, which plays very well in that district, because unlike the other Republican who had wonderful history, Matt is a regular person that made a lot of mistakes in his life... Thankfully, those issues weren't brought up in the primary, and I doubt they are getting much play in the general.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    He should be able to crush her. The local Republican establishment got behind Matt in the GOP Primary, by endorsing him. That to me suggest he is middle of the road for a Republican, which plays very well in that district, because unlike the other Republican who had wonderful history, Matt is a regular person that made a lot of mistakes in his life... Thankfully, those issues weren't brought up in the primary, and I doubt they are getting much play in the general.
    I'm wondering...I see an awful lot of yard signs out for her.

Yeah, that was my take as well, a middle of the road, run of the mill Republican.

I'm wondering...I see an awful lot of yard signs out for her.

Yeah, that was my take as well, a middle of the road, run of the mill Republican.
    Yard signs don't vote, but are more important in a special election because so few people vote, and each yard sign represents a voter. Matt took an unusual step for a state rep. campaign in NH and hired a professional campaign team that is heavily focused on making calls, which should work very well in a retirement community. He should win despite the yard signs.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

But Democrats got to celebrate as well Tuesday with Edith DesMarais winning a special election in the Carroll County town of Wolfeboro, traditionally a GOP stronghold.

According to unofficial returns, DesMarais edged Republican Matthew J. Planche, 811-755.

This special election was to replace Republican Harold Parker who resigned his seat before joining Sununu’s office staff.

Democratic Party Chairman Raymond Buckley said DesMarais becomes the first candidate in the country to flip a federal or state legislative seat from red to blue since November. She is also the first Democrat ever elected to a House seat in Wolfeboro.
    http://www.unionleader.com/state-gov...eboro-05232017

Welcome to 2018.

Worthless, useless, hopeless GOP on the national stage will waste this opportunity, nothing of substance will get accomplished and progressives will blow out the GOP in House and Senate races in 2018.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-24-2017 at 09:43 AM.

But Democrats got to celebrate as well Tuesday with Edith DesMarais winning a special election in the Carroll County town of Wolfeboro, traditionally a GOP stronghold.

According to unofficial returns, DesMarais edged Republican Matthew J. Planche, 811-755.

This special election was to replace Republican Harold Parker who resigned his seat before joining Sununu’s office staff.

Democratic Party Chairman Raymond Buckley said DesMarais becomes the first candidate in the country to flip a federal or state legislative seat from red to blue since November. She is also the first Democrat ever elected to a House seat in Wolfeboro.

Welcome to 2018.

Welcome to 2018.

Worthless, useless, hopeless GOP on the national stage will waste this opportunity, nothing of substance will get accomplished and progressives will blow out the GOP in House and Senate races in 2018.
    I was wrong, that's for sure Anyone blaming the GOP though, is also wrong, since according to insider information, well, the GOP can't be blamed for any actions it did in this race. Lack of action on the other hand, might be a concern but not for me as no one I know that wasn't paid to help with the Wolfeboro race helped, while dozens of people I know helped the proven liberty Republican in Manchester for free.

Anyway, the liberty Republican, a man that has 1 of the best legislative records of any previously elected Republican in the entire nation, won by a 10 point margin in Manchester so I'm extremely happy about that Sucks for the people of Wolfeboro, but I suspect the town will sweep for the GOP in 2018 like it always has in history (other than yesterday).
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 05-24-2017 at 10:28 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    I was wrong, that's for sure Anyone blaming the GOP though, is also wrong, since according to insider information, well, the GOP can't be blamed for any actions it did in this race. Lack of action on the other hand, might be a concern but not for me as no one I know that wasn't paid to help with the Wolfeboro race helped, while dozens of people I know helped the proven liberty Republican in Manchester for free.

Anyway, the liberty Republican, a man that has 1 of the best legislative records of any previously elected Republican in the entire nation, won by a 10 point margin in Manchester so I'm extremely happy about that Sucks for the people of Wolfeboro, but I suspect the town will sweep for the GOP in 2018 like it always has in history (other than yesterday).
    That is good news...I'm thinking that DesMarais had a local following.

I am not so positive at all about the national elections.