Thread: In a Beijing ballroom, Kushner family pushes $500,000 ‘investor visa’ to wealthy Chinese

In a Beijing ballroom, Kushner family pushes $500,000 ‘investor visa’ to wealthy Chinese

Once in a while WaPo does print news with potential to inform. Perhaps the Trump inspired growing wedge between moderate/left-wing, pro Iraq-war zionism of WaPo/NYT and hard-right pro-Israeli settlements zionism of the Kushner family is resulting in some infighting that might benefit tax payers in the end.

In a Beijing ballroom, Kushner family pushes $500,000 ‘investor visa’ to wealthy Chinese

The event was hosted by the Chinese company Qiaowai, which connects U.S. companies with Chinese investors. (Emily Rauhala/The Washington Post)
    By Emily Rauhala and William Wan May 6 at 9:18 PM
    BEIJING — The Kushner family came to the United States as refugees, worked hard and made it big — and if you invest in Kushner properties, so can you.
    That was the message delivered Saturday by White House senior adviser Jared Kushner’s sister Nicole Kushner Meyer to a ballroom full of wealthy Chinese investors in Beijing.
    Over several hours of slide shows and presentations, representatives from the Kushner family business urged Chinese citizens gathered at a Ritz-Carlton hotel to consider investing hundreds of thousands of dollars in a New Jersey luxury apartment complex that would help themsecure what’s known as an investor visa.
    The potential investors were advised to invest sooner rather than later in case visa rules changeunder the Trump administration.“Invest early, and you will invest under the old rules,” one speaker said.
    The tagline on a brochure for the event: “Invest $500,000 and immigrate to the United States.”
    The reception desk at the Ritz-Carlton.
    (Emily Rauhala/The Washington Post)

And the highlight of the afternoon was Meyer, a principal for the company, who was introduced in promotional materials as Jared’s sister.
    The event underscores the extent to which Kushner’s private business interests have the potential to collide with his powerful role as a top official in his father-in-law’s White House, particularly when it comes to China, where Kushner has become a crucial diplomatic channel

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...287_story.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    US Visas should have been sold on the market a long time ago. Make an auction on Ebay. Instead the government has to engage in a number of unnecessary investigations to make sure we are not importing terrorists.

They shouldnt be able to buy US citizenship with money. They should have to do something to earn it, like being born here
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    They shouldnt be able to buy US citizenship with money. They should have to do something to earn it, like being born here
    Or get on a government refugee import program. I am sure there is no corruption there.

DGP Trump and his royal family is working on making the Chinese respect us so much they move here for a fee.

Related video.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

He could qualify to be DG Trump once the fog surrounding art of the bluff activities/dropping MOABs on bunch of empty rocks and runways clears up. If you really see him as DGP, who would be the puppet masters/PSOs (political slave owners) in his case?
    After seeing such brief records mixed with fakish news, I would however oppose giving him Nobel Peace Prize though at this stage.

Did the Kushners put their lawyer Jamie Gorelick in charge of pre-planting explosives in the buildings for a future false flag event?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Yea but all proceeds from such an incentivized programs should go to tax payers and not to any nepotismic clan members trying to cash in familial relations to public servant #1. Not even direct family but "in-laws" are looking toprofit if the implications of this news are confirmed.
    Paying cash to connected cronies is SOP in DC.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Once in a while WaPo does print news with potential to inform. Perhaps the Trump inspired growing wedge between moderate/left-wing, pro Iraq-war zionism of WaPo/NYT and hard-right pro-Israeli settlements zionism of the Kushner family is resulting in some infighting that might benefit tax payers in the end.

The event was hosted by the Chinese company Qiaowai, which connects U.S. companies with Chinese investors. (Emily Rauhala/The Washington Post)
    By Emily Rauhala and William Wan May 6 at 9:18 PM
    BEIJING — The Kushner family came to the United States as refugees, worked hard and made it big — and if you invest in Kushner properties, so can you.
    That was the message delivered Saturday by White House senior adviser Jared Kushner’s sister Nicole Kushner Meyer to a ballroom full of wealthy Chinese investors in Beijing.
    Over several hours of slide shows and presentations, representatives from the Kushner family business urged Chinese citizens gathered at a Ritz-Carlton hotel to consider investing hundreds of thousands of dollars in a New Jersey luxury apartment complex that would help themsecure what’s known as an investor visa.
    The potential investors were advised to invest sooner rather than later in case visa rules changeunder the Trump administration.“Invest early, and you will invest under the old rules,” one speaker said.
    The tagline on a brochure for the event: “Invest $500,000 and immigrate to the United States.

And the highlight of the afternoon was Meyer, a principal for the company, who was introduced in promotional materials as Jared’s sister.
    The event underscores the extent to which Kushner’s private business interests have the potential to collide with his powerful role as a top official in his father-in-law’s White House, particularly when it comes to China, where Kushner has become a crucial diplomatic channel

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...287_story.html

You see, this is just another example of the ultra-wealthy New York leftist elite helping out the poor in New York who can't afford the high cost of living. They are increasing the supply of housing in an effort to reduce the cost of housing. The left are truly compassionate about the little people.

All they need to do is bump up the minimum wage a little bit and then those people can start moving into these new residences.

Why do the right wingers, libertarians and "free market" advocates hate the common working man?

The potential investors were advised to invest sooner rather than later in case visa rules change under the Trump administration.“Invest early, and you will invest under the old rules,” one speaker said.
    SO they're cashing in on an Obama era policy?

Did not see any msm reports about how the cake was.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

They would've done this development whether or not Trump became president. I don't really see this as relevant news, just the desperate MSM trying to make something of nothing.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

wherever I go I shall be free (as long as I can pay enough....)
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

I think charging to immigrate is probably a good idea. For people who say the libertarian position is to let in anyone with restrictions, Gary Becker thought charging $50,000 to immigrate was a good idea in 2005.

http://www.becker-posner-blog.com/20...te-becker.html

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    US Visas should have been sold on the market a long time ago. Make an auction on Ebay. Instead the government has to engage in a number of unnecessary investigations to make sure we are not importing terrorists.
    That was very offensive, btw.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    as one of the libertarians in the room, i'd just like to say that this whole concept of either "selling" citizenship or "buying" citizenship or "earning" citizenship is appalling and pretty goddamn lazy thinking. it's definitely not a freedom based thought.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    as one of the libertarians in the room, i'd just like to say that this whole concept of either "selling" citizenship or "buying" citizenship or "earning" citizenship is appalling and pretty goddamn lazy thinking. it's definitely not a freedom based thought.
    How would you plan on expanding your tax base?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    You see, this is just another example of the ultra-wealthy New York leftist elite helping out the poor in New York who can't afford the high cost of living. They are increasing the supply of housing in an effort to reduce the cost of housing. The left are truly compassionate about the little people.

All they need to do is bump up the minimum wage a little bit and then those people can start moving into these new residences.

Why do the right wingers, libertarians and "free market" advocates hate the common working man?
    Well said. Without such financial loaders compassion, the common man would have so many hardships.

Feds subpoena Jared Kushner’s company after it tried to get $150 million from Chinese investors in exchange for US visas

• Michelle Mark

Aug. 3, 2017, 1:10 PM

White House senior adviser Jared Kushner looks at his notes as he speaks to reporters outside the White House in Washington, Monday, July 24, 2017Associated Press/Alex Brandon

Federal prosecutors in New York have reportedly subpoenaed Kushner Cos., the firm belonging to White House senior adviser Jared Kushner, over its use of a controversial visa program the company used to woo Chinese investors to fund a New Jersey development, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

Citing people familiar with the matter, the Journal reported that the subpoena is regarding the apartment complex One Journal Square in Jersey City, New Jersey.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jared...n-visas-2017-8