Thread: Justin Amash voted to sanction North Korea today too

Thumbs down Justin Amash voted to sanction North Korea today too

In addition to voting for Obamacare Lite he also voted to sanction North Korea today.

What the hell is wrong with this guy lately?

Here is the roll call:
    http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2017/roll257.xml
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I disagree with this vote, agree with the other one.

There was only one vote against this in the entire House. This is an Israel lobby priority, and everyone in the Congress knows it.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    "Massie Nay"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    There was only one vote against this in the entire House.
    There was a time when I couldn't quite decide whether I liked Justin Amash more than Thomas Massie or vice versa.

I don't have that problem any more ...

The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Sanctions are an act of war. N. Korea has not attacked us.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    There was only one vote against this in the entire House.
    Massie is da Man.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Sanctions are an act of war. N. Korea has not attacked us.
    Actually only if the government that is being sanctioned considers the sanctions an act of war. If they don't then it doesn't matter.

That being said, the US government has no business at all whatsoever sanctioning a foreign government in this manner.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Actually only if the government that is being sanctioned considers the sanctions an act of war. If they don't then it doesn't matter.
    LOL. Yeah I suppose if Haiti put aggressive sanctions on the U.S., the U.S. would not necessarily consider it an act of war. On the other hand, what if we asked Iraqi civilians in the 1990's if U.S. sanctions were tantamount to war?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    "Massie Nay"

There was a time when I couldn't quite decide whether I liked Justin Amash more than Thomas Massie or vice versa.

I don't have that problem any more ...

That was a good problem to have.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

My theory is that Rand Paul, Thomas Massie, and Justin Amash work together and have a goal for one of them to get elected President.

They represent the three sides of the Republican Party.

Rand Paul is the Trump fan, Justin Amash is the Trump hater, and Thomas Massie is a moderate trying not to lean one way or the other.

Do you think this vote helps to prove my case?

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    LOL. Yeah I suppose if Haiti put aggressive sanctions on the U.S., the U.S. would not necessarily consider it an act of war. On the other hand, what if we asked Iraqi civilians in the 1990's if U.S. sanctions were tantamount to war?
    'snicker..'
    "The Patriarch"