Thread: Jimmy Kimmel's Health Care plea

Jimmy Kimmel's Health Care plea

So I guess this guy went on his show the other night to pull at peoples' heartstrings over his son's condition and used it to demand more government health care...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.3128199

As his child's heart defect is considered a preexisting condition, he also asked for a show of bipartisan compassion when it comes to making sure all Americans have access to health care. Said the ABC stalwart of 14 years, "If your baby is going to die, and it doesn't have to, it shouldn't matter how much money you make. "I think that's something, whether you're Republican or a Democrat … we all agree on that, right?"

However, in the same manner that he acknowledged the medical staff who saved his infant's life, he offered words of appreciation for the members of Congress who opposed Donald Trump's wish to cut $6 billion from the National Institutes of Health by instead increasing the agency's budget by $2 billion.
    I'd like to address this a little... First of all, it's easy to look at a bad situation like someone who can't afford medical care for their dying child (not Kimmel, BTW) and to feel horrible. But then, to take the leap that it is government's job to make up the difference?! Really?

These people never consider what happens on the other end of that proposition. Their morals only extend to the dying child and the family. They do not apply those same morals to the people who earned their own money and now have it stolen from them at gunpoint. Further, they don't even consider that EVERYONE's child will have to live in indebted servitude to a future government because we felt bad for that family.

They also do not consider that there are charitable organizations like St. Jude that cover medical costs for people who can't afford it. Did Kimmel use his platform to make a plea for St. Jude donations? No. He wants the government to steal it from people to support the NIH... Under the guise of "empathy".

Sorry, Jimmy. I feel bad about your kid, but you're an asshat. Worse than your son's medical condition is that he's growing up with a father who has no moral compass other than "gimme what I want".
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    So I guess this guy went on his show the other night to pull at peoples' heartstrings over his son's condition and used it to demand more government health care...

I'd like to address this a little... First of all, it's easy to look at a bad situation like someone who can't afford medical care for their dying child (not Kimmel, BTW) and to feel horrible. But then, to take the leap that it is government's job to make up the difference?! Really?

These people never consider what happens on the other end of that proposition. Their morals only extend to the dying child and the family. They do not apply those same morals to the people who earned their own money and now have it stolen from them at gunpoint. Further, they don't even consider that EVERYONE's child will have to live in indebted servitude to a future government because we felt bad for that family.

They also do not consider that there are charitable organizations like St. Jude that cover medical costs for people who can't afford it. Did Kimmel use his platform to make a plea for St. Jude donations? No. He wants the government to steal it from people to support the NIH... Under the guise of "empathy".

Sorry, Jimmy. I feel bad about your kid, but you're an asshat. Worse than your son's medical condition is that he's growing up with a father who has no moral compass other than "gimme what I want".
    Well said.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Well said.
    yeah, just about sums it up.

The government has a duty to provide life-saving medical care to every American.

This is mandated in the Constitution, by the general welfare clause. And also the commerce clause.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

This is so misleading. My wife worked in a hospital. People have the impression that these dramatic scenarios are the norm. They're not the norm. They are the great exception.

You know you came to my wife's hospital? People looking for something to eat. Maybe because it was a few days before their welfare check. Or they budgeted poorly. Another group is the guys who got kicked out of the house or had an argument with their wife. A good number are the people who just want to get high on pain medicine. Then you have the people who ate too much on Thanksgiving. Their stomach hurts. Or they can't take a sh*t. There's also the drama queens who don't get their way and then say they have depression. And on and on.

A good portion of hospitals are little more than misfit hangouts or people trying to get a freebie.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

It should be taken for granted that someone in Kimmel's current position is neither rational nor logical on this subject. While people should be sympathetic, his opinion on practical, real world policy is distorted.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Only a douche like Kimmel could turn his son's tragedy into some political stunt in vain
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Was coming in to say the same thing.

The hospital where his son got the heart surgery is a private charity hospital.

5 Things You Need To Know About The Hospital Where Jimmy Kimmel Took His Son, And Why It's Not A Case For Obamacare
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/15993/...aaron-bandler#
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The government has a duty to provide life-saving medical care to every American.

This is mandated in the Constitution, by the general welfare clause. And also the commerce clause.
    I am the most american and commerce expert and I oppose general welfare.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    Only a douche like Kimmel could turn his son's tragedy into some political stunt in vain
    Douche is right .
    Do something Danke

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries

Well said... MIKE DROP!

This should be in the opinion column of every newspaper. Great job.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Nice work.
    You've missed the part where everyone's medical costs increase when government money is involved.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Typical celebrity stunt.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

trollolololol

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Nice work.
    You've missed the part where everyone's medical costs increase when government money is involved.
    Yes, I did. Good catch. + rep

This is another important point that is lost on these "compassionate" central planners.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Typical celebrity stunt.
    Yep. This is why middle America thinks Hollywood is stupid. And a good example of Hollywood's delusional self-importance.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

My opinion on this will not be like most of RPF. In 2017 the AFA is a bad deal, BUT I agree with Kimmel, people shouldn't have to bankrupt themselves to save their child or not do it at all, saying sorry we can't afford it.
    If America spent less time on killing people of other countries and saving their own people they would be a better country.
    I am with Ron Paul, have a fleet of nuclear subs like 30, and scale all other military projects and bases back, save all that money and spend it making the lives of Americans better. Put legislation through that has health care no longer making greedy profits but just covering it's expenses, reform is needed that gives everybody proper care, without crazy premiums. Also take it off the backs of employers to provide insurance that is a huge cost to them and could stifle business, it's not their fault that America's health system forces them to do that to become an attractive employer.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    My opinion on this will not be like most of RPF. In 2017 the AFA is a bad deal, BUT I agree with Kimmel, people shouldn't have to bankrupt themselves to save their child or not do it at all, saying sorry we can't afford it.
    If America spent less time on killing people of other countries and saving their own people they would be a better country.
    I am with Ron Paul, have a fleet of nuclear subs like 30, and scale all other military projects and bases back, save all that money and spend it making the lives of Americans better. Put legislation through that has health care no longer making greedy profits but just covering it's expenses, reform is needed that gives everybody proper care, without crazy premiums. Also take it off the backs of employers to provide insurance that is a huge cost to them and could stifle business, it's not their fault that America's health system forces them to do that to become an attractive employer.
    Um... No you're not. Ron Paul certainly has priorities of what needs to be cut first, but he would NEVER advocate that the government should be in the business of providing medical care! He's a doctor, for crying out loud - he knows better!

No, the whole reason why health care is so expensive is because of all the "government" money funneled into it. Just like education. Ever wonder why medical technology doesn't become cheaper over time like other technology? Because market forces are distorted. If you get the government out of it completely, the prices of older technology and procedures would come down to where most people could afford it. And those that couldn't would be able to rely on charitable organizations like St. Jude or the charity hospitals around the US.

You need to spend a little more time understanding Ron Paul instead of projecting onto him what you want to believe.

No, the whole reason why health care is so expensive is because of all the "government" money funneled into it. Just like education. Ever wonder why medical technology doesn't become cheaper over time like other technology? Because market forces are distorted. If you get the government out of it completely, the prices of older technology and procedures would come down to where most people could afford it. And those that couldn't would be able to rely on charitable organizations like St. Jude or the charity hospitals around the US.
    http://www.medicaltourismassociation...ism-faq-s.html
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

The whole country is multiple layers deep into major fake news on every major topic and its so $#@!ing sad.

Anyone trying to disagree with Kimmel on this will automatically be accused of hating sick children.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    This is so misleading. My wife worked in a hospital. People have the impression that these dramatic scenarios are the norm. They're not the norm. They are the great exception.

You know you came to my wife's hospital? People looking for something to eat. Maybe because it was a few days before their welfare check. Or they budgeted poorly. Another group is the guys who got kicked out of the house or had an argument with their wife. A good number are the people who just want to get high on pain medicine. Then you have the people who ate too much on Thanksgiving. Their stomach hurts. Or they can't take a sh*t. There's also the drama queens who don't get their way and then say they have depression. And on and on.

A good portion of hospitals are little more than misfit hangouts or people trying to get a freebie.
    Don't forget mama playing on her latest Idroid53 phone who can't put anything, ANYTHING, down towards her ER visit bill.

Libs like to think everything is a crisis but I'd love for them to have to spend 30 minutes as a healthcare worker in an ER setting thinking they're gonna get to save a life only to find the most serious event of the night was a grown woman complaining of 10/10 worst-pain-of-her- life with a critical case of. . . .

. . . . sniffles.

If we're gonna push state run healthcare in the US then let's at least have the sense to educate the public (sometimes being BRUTALLY honest) like the Aussies are having to do right now.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 05-05-2017 at 03:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For Kimmel....

For Kimmel....

^^THIS^^
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    The whole country is multiple layers deep into major fake news on every major topic and its so $#@!ing sad.

Anyone trying to disagree with Kimmel on this will automatically be accused of hating sick children.
    Anybody who thinks children should get special treatment just because they're sick can get the hell out.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV