Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mises on World Government

Quote Originally Posted by merkelstan View Post
    The ideas of a 'nation' and that of a 'state' are distinct. Germany as a nation - a people loosely united by language, ethnicity and culture - existed for centuries before Bismarck created the state called Germany. Likewise with the Kurds - they are a nation but do not have a state today.
    Indeed

Politicians and states and, uh, 'deep-states' wage aggressive wars. They historically have appealed to national identity to justify aggression by claiming that 'the nation is being threatened'..
    Indeed

This is being largely discarded now - see Libya - where a perfunctory "him bad, must smash" was all they flushed out to the public for a few days before commencing hostilities.
    I'd agree that nationalist sentiment is in some respects weaker than it once was. In any event, this isn't the aggression I was taking about. I was talking about the aggression inherent in restricting the free movement of goods/people across borders, or any other state actions which nationalists advocate to "preserve muh culture" and so forth.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I'd agree that nationalist sentiment is in some respects weaker than it once was. In any event, this isn't the aggression I was taking about. I was talking about the aggression inherent in restricting the free movement of goods/people across borders, or any other state actions which nationalists advocate to "preserve muh culture" and so forth.
    The only writer who was executed at Nuremberg was the one who wrote a book advocating the idea of a German 'people' (volk). That's rather interesting, isn't it? The globalist French presidential candidate, Macron, said "There is no such thing as French culture". Interesting, isn't it?

The planned and coordinated migration invasion of europe ("Population Replacement" in the UN document) is the final poison pill to end the nations and peoples of Europe, forever.

We cannot stop it, but we can document it.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's no need resort to a shadowy globalist plot to explain libertarian hostility to nationalism.

The two ideologies are plainly incompatible.

Libertarians condemn aggression, nationalists advocate it.
    Better try another tac, rev. lolol

Congressman Paul: " He asked if there was an international conspiracy to overthrow our government. The answer is "Yes". I think there are 25,000 individuals that have used offices of powers, and they are in our Universities and they are in our Congresses, and they believe in One World Government. And if you believe in One World Goverment, then you are talking about undermining National Sovereignty and you are talking about setting up something that you could well call a Dictatorship - and those plans are there!..." - Ron Paul
    http://www.propagandamatrix.com/260903ronpaul.html
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 05-15-2017 at 04:44 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

The only writer who was executed at Nuremberg was the one who wrote a book advocating the idea of a German 'people' (volk). That's rather interesting, isn't it? The globalist French presidential candidate, Macron, said "There is no such thing as French culture". Interesting, isn't it?

The planned and coordinated migration invasion of europe ("Population Replacement" in the UN document) is the final poison pill to end the nations and peoples of Europe, forever.

We cannot stop it, but we can document it.
    My point isn't that European cultures aren't under threat from immigration (they are, to an extent), but that, regardless, it is inappropriate for the state to violate the rights of innocent people (immigrants and natives) in order to restrict immigration, or do whatever else it is which nationalists demand it do to preserve the culture. The state ought not be in the culture-making business.

The idea of nations is to say that people who desire to live under a certain set of principles/culture, can do so, while others, in other nations, can do as they also please.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

My point isn't that European cultures aren't under threat from immigration (they are, to an extent), but that, regardless, it is inappropriate for the state to violate the rights of innocent people (immigrants and natives) in order to restrict immigration, or do whatever else it is which nationalists demand it do to preserve the culture. The state ought not be in the culture-making business.
    I see your point. Certainly there would be far less migrants if they weren't guaranteed free food, lodging and hookers at the expense of the european taxpayer. The reports of a saturation campaign in the arab countries "Come to Germany! They will build houses for you." shouldn't be forgotten either.

I see your point. Certainly there would be far less migrants if they weren't guaranteed free food, lodging and hookers at the expense of the european taxpayer. The reports of a saturation campaign in the arab countries "Come to Germany! They will build houses for you." shouldn't be forgotten either.
    There's the problem, indeed, not immigration per se.

The state ought not be in the culture-making business.
    The "state" ought not be in business, period.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

...which is why it's a bad idea.
    You attributed to me something that I DID NOT SAY!!!
    ================

There's the problem, indeed, not immigration per se.
    It's a leftist talking point to conflate immigration with the illegal alien invasion of our country. But, carry on with your cultural marxist lesson.
    ================

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    You attributed to me something that I DID NOT SAY!!!
    Brackets in a quote indicate editorialization. So, no I didn't.

What I did was explain what you meant.

Allowing "people who desire to live under a certain set of principles/culture" to do so is a euphemism for state violence against innocents.

That's what you're advocating.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    It's a leftist talking point to conflate immigration with the illegal alien invasion of our country. But, carry on with your cultural marxist lesson.
    It's an asinine talking point to pretend that opposition to illegal immigration isn't opposition to immigration in general.

...since the only reason there is such a thing as illegal immigration is that immigration is restricted.

going after illegal immigration = enforcing immigration restrictions

Brackets in a quote indicate editorialization. So, no I didn't.

What I did was explain what you meant.

Allowing "people who desire to live under a certain set of principles/culture" to do so is a euphemism for state violence against innocents.

That's what you're advocating.
    Nope. Putting your own blather inside a quotation with my name attached is a lie. If you want to give your opinion as to something I said, put it as part of your own post BELOW what you have quoted of mine. ie. Outside of the quotation.

I would have thought by now you would have figured out how forums work.
    ================

It's an asinine talking point to pretend that opposition to illegal immigration isn't opposition to immigration in general.

...since the only reason there is such a thing as illegal immigration is that immigration is restricted.

going after illegal immigration = enforcing immigration restrictions
    No, in fact it is not. Which is why you conflate them. lol
    ================

My point isn't that European cultures aren't under threat from immigration (they are, to an extent), but that, regardless, it is inappropriate for the state to violate the rights of innocent people (immigrants and natives) in order to restrict immigration, or do whatever else it is which nationalists demand it do to preserve the culture.
    What rights do they have?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul in 2008 View Post
    What rights do they have?
    The same that everyone has - property rights.

Basic Principles of Libertarian Ethics

When ICE arrests Jose for violating immigration law, ICE is violating his property rights.

...just as if I declared that you may not walk on your neighbor's lawn, and then kidnapped you when you did.

The immigration regime also violates the property rights of natives, e.g. by imposing fines on them for dealing with illegal immigrants.

...just as if I declared that you may not hire your neighbor to mow your lawn, and then stole money from you when you did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12