Thread: New Home Defense Gun

Supporting Member
    Virgin Islands

Default New Home Defense Gun

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave 12ga 14" 6 shot

Not out yet, but can reserve... around $400.

*slobber-slobber*

Laser sight?
    Last edited by Mach; 04-29-2017 at 03:08 PM.
    Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them
    ~

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Great shotgun! I want to get something like it for me too. But honestly, I would like it to have a capability of upgrading with some weapon sights like that nightvision from http://www.atncorp.com/nightvision-weapon-sights for example. It would be a perfect weapon, I guess
    Last edited by Davideer; 07-11-2017 at 05:57 AM.

Hasn't this technology been around for awhile?

Last edited by anaconda; 07-08-2017 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Hasn't this technology been around for awhile?
    The Shockwave has a 14 inch barrel which would typically require a tax stamp and classification as an 'Any Other Weapon.' Because of the grip extending its overall length past 26 inches, you don't need the stamp.

The shotgun itself isn't remarkable. The grip that skirts their bull$#@! decrees is.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    The Shockwave has a 14 inch barrel which would typically require a tax stamp and classification as an 'Any Other Weapon.' Because of the grip extending its overall length past 26 inches, you don't need the stamp.

The shotgun itself isn't remarkable. The grip that skirts their bull$#@! decrees is.
    Interesting. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post

and thereby highlighting the total idiocy of the Prohibitory Laws in the first place.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I'd think it would be very easy to lose control of that grip while rapidly firing 3 inch magnum shells.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'd think it would be very easy to lose control of that grip while rapidly firing 3 inch magnum shells.
    I don't think I'd even try 3" magnums. Low recoil buck should be fine for home defense.

The reviews I've seen say that it's less harsh to the wrist than a pistol grip (ala Mossberg Just in Case). Hikock45 put what looks like rubberized grip tape on it.

My problem, which I didn't think of 'til after I ordered it, is where can I shoot it? The range I belong to doesn't allow targets in the clay shooting area
    Last edited by DaninPA; 07-10-2017 at 05:05 PM.
    Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense.
    -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by DaninPA View Post
    I don't think I'd even try 3" magnums. Low recoil buck should be fine for home defense.

The reviews I've seen say that it's less harsh to the wrist than a pistol grip (ala Mossberg Just in Case). Hikock45 put what looks like rubberized grip tape on it.

My problem, which I didn't think of 'til after I ordered it, is where can I shoot it? The range I belong to doesn't allow targets in the clay shooting area
    Trust me, it will work just fine without sighting in.
    "Every post is about Hillary and pedophilia. I love them both soooo much!!!!!!!" Zippyjuan

I like Mossberg. I bought a 20ga so my wife can shoot. She's really a natural; #3 buckshot is not a problem. Twenty 25 caliber balls in there, so it will layout an intruder. The size and power are a good combination. I think I paid about $275 for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I do think that ID should be required for certain things like carrying a concealed weapon...

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I think I'll just stick with my Saiga 12.

10 rounds in the magazine and it's semiautomatic.

Can also use a 30 round drum magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I think I'll just stick with my Saiga 12.

10 rounds in the magazine and it's semiautomatic.

Can also use a 30 round drum magazine.
    And I'll stick with my BR-99 which does the same. It's really all the shotgun I need, though I still love my Mossberg 500 that I got for a great price.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Gonna have to wait 'til Joe Biden publishes his review ...
    what?
    fire 2 in tha air and wait for the cops...to come and ARREST U?

Please tell me why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).

The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

^THAT^

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?