Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TRUMP: 'I'm a nationalist and a globalist. I'm both'...

TRUMP: 'I'm a nationalist and a globalist. I'm both'...

Craig Fuller, who served eight years in former President Ronald Reagan’s White House, said in an interview: “The trouble here is I don’t see how you get a course correction when there isn’t a course. It’s just erratic.

“He needs to go look at the two factions inside the White House and get rid of one of them. You can’t operate that way in the White House.”

Mr. Trump dismissed talk about a split inside his White House between aides with a nationalist or globalist orientation. “Hey, I’m a nationalist and a globalist,” he said. “I’m both. And I’m the only one who makes the decision, believe me.”
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-s...act-1493320127
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Craig Fuller, who served eight years in former President Ronald Reagan’s White House, said in an interview: “The trouble here is I don’t see how you get a course correction when there isn’t a course. It’s just erratic.

lmao.... In B4 someone explains what trump really meant.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    "In this case, the solution is clear. We will have to leave borders behind and go for global unity when it comes to financial stability."

Thesis ... Antithesis ... Synthesis ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

He goes both ways. Not surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    What do you really think he meant? Was he using the word globalist in the noun or adjective form?

glob·al·ist

ˈɡlōbəlist/

noun

noun: globalist; plural noun: globalists

a person who advocates the interpretation or planning of economic and foreign policy in relation to events and developments throughout the world.
      • a person or organization advocating or practicing operations across national divisions.

adjective

adjective: globalist

relating to or advocating the operation or planning of economic and foreign policy on a global basis.

Do you think there can be globalist spectrum, or is globalism binary? Would you prefer someone who is a globalist, but NOT a nationalist? Do you think somebody can be both a globalist and a nationalist?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Right, exactly, I think you have it.

Trump wants to work within the global economy and make trade deals with other nations, while keeping US national interests first.

The people that those of us around here refer to as "globalists" generally tend to put America last.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    FTFY:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Looking at Trump's fakish bombing of Syrian runway, question could be asked is he now adopting dumb Syria policy of DGP & neocons / is he also being bought by DGP's PSOs (Political slave owners)?

Or is there a difference between their Syria policy?

Hope this is not the case in the long run and he learns from early blunders.

BTW, that cartoon needs to be updated to remove Bannon and Haley given recent developments.

Nikki Haley needs State Department approval for future statements: Report

by Joel Gehrke | Apr 28, 2017
    Secretary of State Rex Tillerson wants U.S. Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley to run her remarks by State Department officials "if they are on a high-profile issue such as Syria, Iran, Israel-Palestine, or the D.P.R.K."

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

He's messed up. Both the Daughter and son-in-law need to be permanently sent on a fact finding mission to Antarctica.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I'm for a republic and for a democracy.

I'm for a Federalist Government and for State rights.

I'm for the second amendment and for restrictions.................

Do you think there can be globalist spectrum, or is globalism binary? Would you prefer someone who is a globalist, but NOT a nationalist? Do you think somebody can be both a globalist and a nationalist?
    Yes. Clearly we should elect people who are both interventionists and non-interventionists. That would bring us closer to where we need to be.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Ha Ha a 1 star rating from someone in denial.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yes. Clearly we should elect people who are both interventionists and non-interventionists. That would bring us closer to where we need to be.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to William Tell again. I can't give anybody reps tonight.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Right, exactly, I think you have it.

Trump wants to work within the global economy and make trade deals with other nations, while keeping US national interests first.

The people that those of us around here refer to as "globalists" generally tend to put America last.
    That he is the embodiment of Hegelian dialectic is not in Trump's favor ...

It's a different kind of globalist though dudes.The best kind...
    Economic globalist

He also supports both a one-state solution and a two-state solution for Israel and Palestine.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Jan2017

"Globalism refers to a group of ideologies that advocate the concept of globalization."

"It tends to advocate for such policies as increases in immigration, free trade, lowering tariffs, interventionism
    and global governance."

"It is typically viewed as opposite of nationalism, and has become increasingly divisive in politics in many developed countries, such as the United States"

"Professor James
    defines globalism at least in its more specific use ... as the [dominant ideology] and subjectivity associated with different historically-dominant formations of global extension."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globalism

* Prof. Paul James is Professor of Globalization and Cultural Diversity at Western Sydney University, and Director of the Institute for Culture and Society where he has been since 2014. He is a writer on globalization, sustainability, and social theory.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 04-29-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philmanoman View Post
    It's a different kind of globalist though dudes.The best kind...
    Economic globalist
    So more like free market globalism?

Economic globalism is fantastic. https://mises.org/blog/economic-glob...-globalization

Economic nationalism, political globalism and political nationalism are terrible. One should run from them.

Anyhow, the idea that trump is 1/3 to 1/2 right is reason to rejoice. Quite an improvement in the first 100 days.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Perhaps Trump is not prepared to be President?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Perhaps Trump is not prepared to be President?
    Once Rand dropped out, who would you have preferred?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Once Rand dropped out, who would you have preferred?
    What part of "No One But Paul" don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    childish picture
    More pile on with the gang, I see. Takes a lot of courage to do that. Applause all around.

Trump axed the Trans Pacific Partnership on the first day. THAT is winning. A whole ton of regulations have been killed too. Not to mention Gorsuch being nominated and now in the Supreme Court. That's also winning. I am also very hopeful for complete revamps of the current multilateral trade deals, or getting out of those where that is not possible. That would also be winning for our country.

Trump has been far from perfect and God knows there has been plenty of threads pointing out where he was wrong. That's good. But, these broad brush threads posting the cutesy pictures are childish and ignorant.

Do tell. Who would you have preferred win the Presidency after Rand dropped out and please provide specifics as to how you believe they would have benefited our country and Americans' liberty.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    What part of "No One But Paul" don't you understand?
    What part of, he dropped out of the race and pretty early on, do you not understand?

If you are upset about that, perhaps you should take your temper tantrum to Rand.
    ================

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast