Thread: Yale Grad Students Go on ‘Symbolic’ Hunger Strike Where They’re Allowed to Eat

Yale Grad Students Go on ‘Symbolic’ Hunger Strike Where They’re Allowed to Eat

BY: Alex Griswold
    April 27, 2017 12:36 pm

A group of Yale University graduate students announced Tuesday evening that they would be undertaking a hunger strike to pressure the administration into granting them better union benefits. The strike is taking place in front of University President Peter Salovey’s home.

"Yale wants to make us wait and wait and wait … until we give up and go away," the eight members of the graduate student union Local 33 announced. "We have committed ourselves to waiting without eating."

Yale doctoral students currently earn a stipend $30,000 a year, receive free health care, and have their $40,000 tuition paid in full, according to Yale News. The university administration said in a statement that they understood the students concerns, but "strongly [urge] that students not put their health at risk or encourage others to do so."

As it turns out, the hunger strike might not put anyone's health in peril. According to a pamphlet posted on Twitter by a former Yale student, the hunger strike is "symbolic" and protesters can leave and get food when they can no longer go on.

More at link..http://freebeacon.com/culture/yale-g...e-allowed-eat/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol

"When we are hunger-striking if we get hungry, we go grab a Big Mac at the Student Union."
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    A group of Yale University graduate students announced Tuesday evening that they would be undertaking a hunger strike to pressure the administration into granting them better union benefits.

[...]

As it turns out, the hunger strike might not put anyone's health in peril. According to a pamphlet posted on Twitter by a former Yale student, the hunger strike is "symbolic" and protesters can leave and get food when they can no longer go on.
    I am at a loss as to how to satirize this. Their own unironic satiriization of themselves simply cannot be topped.

Special snowflakes have now achieved the ultimate pinnacle of special snowflakery.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

protesters can leave and get food when they can no longer go on.

That's not a hunger strike. That's striking until I get hungry strike. o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

It almost seems that every ultra-phag in the nation has chosen Yale.

Have I missed something?

PS: This crap takes a giant likeness of itself on the memory of Bobby Sands.

Forgive my french, but $#@! ALL YOU SNOWFLAKE ASSWIPES.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I am at a loss as to how to satirize this. Their own unironic satiriization of themselves simply cannot be topped.

Special snowflakes have now achieved the ultimate pinnacle of special snowflakery.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Occam's Banana again.
    You have yet again earned my admiration.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Yale doctoral students currently earn a stipend $30,000 a year, receive free health care, and have their $40,000 tuition paid in full,
    It seem to me that these people do not even understand what hungry means.

BY: Alex Griswold
    April 27, 2017 12:36 pm

A group of Yale University graduate students announced Tuesday evening that they would be undertaking a hunger strike to pressure the administration into granting them better union benefits. The strike is taking place in front of University President Peter Salovey’s home.

"Yale wants to make us wait and wait and wait … until we give up and go away," the eight members of the graduate student union Local 33 announced. "We have committed ourselves to waiting without eating."

Yale doctoral students currently earn a stipend $30,000 a year, receive free health care, and have their $40,000 tuition paid in full, according to Yale News. The university administration said in a statement that they understood the students concerns, but "strongly [urge] that students not put their health at risk or encourage others to do so."

More at link..http://freebeacon.com/culture/yale-g...e-allowed-eat/
    That "Stipend" they get is more than 99% of people in the world earn in a year. Jesus I hope the zombie apocalypse happens soon.....
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

Talk about having the courage of one's convictions ... NOT. What a bunch of pussified losers. I weep for my grandkids and the future they seem doomed to inhabit.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 04-28-2017 at 02:51 PM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

This is why Federal agencies (the CIA, etc.) now have to import jihadists. Leftist radicals are getting softer and softer, becoming pathetic as foot-soldiers. Even anti-fam are total wusses.

"The Patriarch"

*evil snicker*

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Ummm...yeah.

I'm going to go ahead and symbolically care.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It seem to me that these people do not even understand what hungry means.
    What the hell? Is this true? I call BS. Had I gone through with my PhD in Computer Science, I would have had to pay every penny of everything related to it.

Thank God I came to my senses, having realized the degree would have bought me nothing $$-wise, and that the ego thing of being called "doctor osan" meant nothing to me.

Trolling beyond regular measures . Are they trolling themselves or everyone else ? It is so ridiculous it sounds like a govt ( CIA ) experiment .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.