Thread: Professor Rand Paul to Teach at GWU

Default Professor Rand Paul to Teach at GWU

Hey it's 2017 and a $#@!ed up year. Why not?

http://www.newsweek.com/professor-ra...visions-590933

Because it's 2017 and that seems to mean literally anything can happen, Rand Paul is becoming a college professor. The Kentucky Republican will be teaching an arguably relevant course about dystopian visions at George Washington University this fall.

"The course will delve into the history of dystopian outlooks and its application and intersection with current events and political discourse," the dean of the university's Columbian College of Arts and Sciences, Ben Vinson, said in a news release. "When Senator Paulís office approached us about coming to campus to teach this course, we agreed that his unique voice as a sitting senator would provide an engaging backdrop for our students."

The class is a three-credit elective and will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. local time, according to the registrar page. The textbooks haven't yet been announced.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Oh $#@! thats awesome....I was a horrible student but I would have so much fun in that class.
    Undeniably effective strategy
    1) REGISTER - email : iowa@randpaul2016.com to request login.
    2) LOGIN & CALL - www.callingfromhome.com
    3) WIN

Don't pay the media to attack Rand
    Every time you click on the attack articles, you are literally paying them for attacking Rand. If you really want people to see, quote the entire article and break the link.

be ACTIVE, be EFFECTIVE, be ORGANIZED, be STRATEGIC, be VICTORIOUS.

How to plug a TWEET in post [ TWEET] [/TWEET ]

Future CIA recruits being lectured by Rand?
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

The news was reported by The Hatchet, an independent student newspaper.

"I am thrilled to have an opportunity to join the faculty and students at the George Washington University for the upcoming fall semester," Paul told the university. "The George Washington University is one of our nation's leading higher education institutions and I look forward to my time in Foggy Bottom."

Paul, a libertarian Republican from Kentucky who ran an unsuccessful bid for the GOP presidential nomination in 2016, had previously expressed interest in teaching about dystopian novels and their message about the government becoming too powerful.

"I've talked about it, but unfortunately I keep developing other projects that get in the way. I would like to do it someday," Paul said. "I think dystopian novels are a discussion of politics, and sort of what happens if you let a government accumulate too much power."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ra...rticle/2621521

newspaper link also plays this recent youtube :

(circa June 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    45th President will be the worst in U.S. history

Man, that'd be a fun class. Ok, this thread is now about your favorite dystopian novels, go!
    I'll start with a favorite: Alas Babylon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post

Paul, a libertarian Republican from Kentucky who ran an unsuccessful bid for the GOP presidential nomination in 2016, had previously expressed interest in teaching about dystopian novels and their message about the government becoming too powerful.

"I've talked about it, but unfortunately I keep developing other projects that get in the way. I would like to do it someday," Paul said. "I think dystopian novels are a discussion of politics, and sort of what happens if you let a government accumulate too much power."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ra...rticle/2621521

Freedom index

~Resident Badgiraffe

Huh. One thing I don't miss about university: 8 am classes.

Nowadays, waking up for that is simple. But then, savor your sleep.

Fantastic, hope they tape them and put them online
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Fantastic, hope they tape them and put them online
    Evidently some other professors are butthurt about it. And yet the class filled up immediately. Probably those professors aren't fans of the free market...

https://www.gwhatchet.com/2017/05/01...rates-faculty/

Faculty said they were unsure how Paul – a senator and former eye surgeon – was prepared to teach a class about dystopian history and attitudes, especially at the collegiate level.
    I am unsure how the persons responsible for producing generations of illiterate bolsheviks are qualified to speak on any subject whatsoever.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I am unsure how the persons responsible for producing generations of illiterate bolsheviks are qualified to speak on any subject whatsoever.
    You can bet they do not see it this way.
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.