Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Caucus Folds : "We're not repealing Obamacare."

Freedom Caucus Folds : "We're not repealing Obamacare."

The Freedom Caucus has folded. Rep. Mark Sanford, Rep. Jim Jordan, and the rest of the Freedom Caucus have surrendered.

The truth is, we’re not repealing the Affordable Care Act,” Sanford said frankly. “Even though there’d been a lot of fanfare when we had a Democratic president and it couldn’t go into effect … a lot of chest-beating and saying ‘We’ve gotta repeal, we’ve gotta repeal, we’ve gotta repeal,’ when push comes to shove now that we have the chance, they were not willing to bring that bill [an earlier bill repealing Obamacare] forward.”
    snip

The Freedom Caucus, a congressional caucus formed in 2015 by conservative members of the House, has been persuaded to support the latest health care bill thanks to the MacArthur Amendment, which would allow states to seek waivers for Affordable Care Act provisions that aim to protect people with pre-existing conditions.

While the revised version still does not fully repeal Obamacare, we are prepared to support it to keep our promise to the American people to lower healthcare costs,” the Freedom Caucus said in a statement.
    http://www.theblaze.com/video/gop-co...ing-obamacare/

What a crock of $#@!.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess we better vote harder.
    "The Patriarch"

Jan2017

“The truth is, we’re not repealing the Affordable Care Act,” Sanford said frankly.
    "When push comes to shove now that we have the chance, House leadership were not willing to bring that bill forward
    [an earlier bill repealing Obamacare].”

Why wouldn't Paul Ryan move the repeal bill before them forward to a vote . . . (?)
    at least see who is where for 2018 mid-terms.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 04-27-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Maybe, if we vote hard enough in the next election, we can fix this right up.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Or blow this up right now, by starting the process of getting rid of RINO Ryan.

If it is not a repeal of Ocare then the Freedom Caucus should pass on it again, and again, and again if necessary
    until Marathon Man gets the idea into his head to put repeal to the House floor at least.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 04-27-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Or blow this up right now, by starting the process of getting rid of RINO Ryan.

If it is not a repeal of Ocare then the Freedom Caucus should pass on it again, and again, and again if necessary
    until Marathon Man gets the idea into his head to put repeal to the floor at least.
    It doesn't appear that is going to happen.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Actually it is true. If enough RINOs lose their primaries next year over this, then it will make it easier for full repeal the next time around. Sorry you are unable to think more than one step at a time.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Actually it is true. If enough RINOs lose their primaries next year over this, then it will make it easier for full repeal the next time around. Sorry you are unable to think more than one step at a time.
    "The Patriarch"

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Maybe if we run for the hills and the pine forests and live like hitchhikers the situation will resolve itself
    Last edited by Lamp; 04-27-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HitoKichi View Post
    Maybe if we run for the hills and the pine forests and live like hitchikers the situation will resolve itself
    Most folks who were gonna do that did it in 2012
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I was depressed until I remembered @dannno previously reassured us that Trump is secretly pushing #FullRepeal and #RandsPlan. When can we expect Trump to come out in favor of it publicly?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I was depressed until I remembered @dannno previously reassured us that Trump is secretly pushing #FullRepeal and #RandsPlan. When can we expect Trump to come out in favor of it publicly?
    Well he's been 100% right about Trump so far. Ryan should be resigning as House Speaker any minute. Trump will be passing Rand's plan any minute. Trump will become a non-interventionist at any minute. Trump will cut the deficit any day now. The god emperor is just laying low until he has the deep state right where he wants him.... Trump's a genius... or didn't you know?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/857326221608333317
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Only if they lose their primaries to pro liberty candidates. And for that to happen, Trump needs to be on the side of liberty, or his supporters need to wake the hell up. Sadly I wouldn't bet on either of those two possibilities occurring. Face it. The RINO's won the 3D chess match because we as a movement came to believe that every time liberty principles were violated somebody was playing "3D chess." Yes I know, Rand's good and all that. But many people here, for some odd reason, cannot tell the difference between someone who's been pro liberty his whole life playing a role to get teocon votes and someone who's been a progressive his entire life playing a role in the opposite direction to get teocon votes. Folks here get angry when you point out that in 2000 Trump was openly calling for an assault weapons ban.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Freedom Caucus you had one job....

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/sta...19795033903105

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...04537003200512

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Only if they lose their primaries to pro liberty candidates.
    Not necessarily. If they lose their election and the new people coming in, plus the ones that are still there, understand that the reason seats were lost was over a specific issue, I guarantee you they will not take that issue up again in the same way (see my signature).

It's like prison, kick someone's ass the first day, everyone leaves you alone. Politicians are children. If they realize they get burned by doing something, or they watch their friends get burned, then they are not going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    But many people here, for some odd reason, cannot tell the difference between someone who's been pro liberty his whole life playing a role to get teocon votes and someone who's been a progressive his entire life playing a role in the opposite direction to get teocon votes. Folks here get angry when you point out that in 2000 Trump was openly calling for an assault weapons ban.
    Because humans run on emotion and not logic/rationale unfortunately.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Ron Paul = Cured my apathy.

2016-2017 = Don't give a $#@!. Going back to my bunker.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/sta...19795033903105
    Ryan doing an ankle grab here for a "Democrat condition' to prevent their vote against government funding and for a shut down ?

Rand, Mike Lee, maybe Cruz and maybe Cotton could sink a House healthcare bill in the Senate as a "GOP condition" for the House Majority "leader".

"There's a long history in modern politics of House members walking the plank for legislation that not only fails to become law
    but never even gets a vote in the Senate," Sen. Cotton said last month.
    http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/US-H.../18/id/779449/
    Last edited by Jan2017; 04-27-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    It doesn't appear that is going to happen.
    It doesn't appear getting rid of Ryan would even matter. Ryan isn't a RINO, he is exactly what Republicans have always been since Lincoln was elected President, the party of big government solutions.

Focus on taxes now, this may be a strategy to get the tax plan passed. When the health care battle comes up again we will see if this is true.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    It doesn't appear getting rid of Ryan would even matter.
    Ryan was all grandstanding to have his plan voted on for the seventh anniversary of Ocare being signed . . .
    chickened out of the vote to avoid a public bloodbath and humiliation, and now he has Dems telling him when to vote on health care. LOL

There is no TRUE identity anymore, no true "Conservative", no true "Republican", nothing to immediately hold politicians accountable to their campaign promises AFTER they are elected. Sure, we could vote em out in 2-6 years after their term is up, but these politicians know this going in and play according to election cycles.

A politician could almost never become a Proservative and remain one because as soon as they went against any of our 13 principles in word and/or action, they'd immediately be stripped of their Proservative title / membership and could no longer legally call themselves a Proservative. If there is another way to hold people accountable to their stated principles, I have yet to come across it.
    Tony Cinelli
    Founding Proservative®

The Proservative® Group
    "Protecting What it Means to be a True Conservative"
    Take our Prospective Member Quiz and Enter to Win a FREE Hardcover Book.

There is no TRUE identity anymore, no true "Conservative", no true "Republican", nothing to immediately hold politicians accountable to their campaign promises AFTER they are elected. Sure, we could vote em out in 2-6 years after their term is up, but these politicians know this going in and play according to election cycles.

A politician could almost never become a Proservative and remain one because as soon as they went against any of our 13 principles in word and/or action, they'd immediately be stripped of their Proservative title / membership and could no longer legally call themselves a Proservative. If there is another way to hold people accountable to their stated principles, I have yet to come across it.
    Tony Cinelli
    Founding Proservative®

The Proservative® Group
    "Protecting What it Means to be a True Conservative"
    Take our Prospective Member Quiz and Enter to Win a FREE Hardcover Book.

When have you guys seen govt programs voted out once in place ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    When have you guys seen govt programs voted out once in place ?
    Never...it never goes away...it might get rehashed and rebranded sometimes, but it always come back in the end.

And those who tell it will if just vote harder....and those people that get the votes...they are this:

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Politicians are representative of their constituents. We the People are a generally sad lot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast