Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Administrative Professionals Day!

For tomorrow ( May 7 ) , 351 Jews rebel against Constantius Gallus , 1763 Pontiacs Warriors attack Ft Detroit , 1840 Great Natchez tornado kills 317 , 1864 Grant breaks off from The Battle of the Wilderness with The Army of the Potomac and heads South , 1915 German sub sinks Lusitania , 1920 Poles capture Kiev , the Battle of Dien Bien Phu ends , 1998 Mercedes buys Chrysler for 40 Billion , 1999 I was in Kosovo , 2007 Tomb of Herod was discovered South of Jerusalem .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also tomorrow...

NY museum invites people to bring in their mystery specimens

NEW YORK (AP) — New York's American Museum of Natural History has an intriguing proposition: Bring in anything you have and don't know what it is, and scientists will try to identify it.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/science/a...r-11126533.php
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    For tomorrow ( May 7 ) , 351 Jews rebel against Constantius Gallus , 1763 Pontiacs Warriors attack Ft Detroit , 1840 Great Natchez tornado kills 317 , 1864 Grant breaks off from The Battle of the Wilderness with The Army of the Potomac and heads South , 1915 German sub sinks Lusitania , 1920 Poles capture Kiev , the Battle of Dien Bien Phu ends , 1998 Mercedes buys Chrysler for 40 Billion , 1999 I was in Kosovo , 2007 Tomb of Herod was discovered South of Jerusalem .
    1800 - The U.S. Congress divided the Northwest Territory into two parts. The western part became the Indiana Territory and the eastern section remained the Northwest Territory.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    1800 - The U.S. Congress divided the Northwest Territory into two parts. The western part became the Indiana Territory and the eastern section remained the Northwest Territory.
    I claim the Southern 1/3rd of Indian Territory East of the Wabash River . The west is to segregate the commies ( Illinois ) the North is for the Barbarians so we have someone to raid for snacks ( Danke ) .
    Do something Danke

Of course Nov 4 is the day for Danke to be General St Clair , but I will let him do it any day he wishes ......
    Do something Danke

I claim the Southern 1/3rd of Indian Territory East of the Wabash River . The west is to segregate the commies ( Illinois ) the North is for the Barbarians so we have someone to raid for snacks ( Danke ) .

Of course Nov 4 is the day for Danke to be General St Clair , but I will let him do it any day he wishes ......
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

Always Dreaming wins the 143rd running of the Kentucky Derby . I took Lookin At Lee , Thunder Snow , Patch & Hence . I got the second place horse and thats about it .
    Do something Danke

Today in History , May 8 , 418 Emperor Honorius gives tax relief to Italian provinces attacked by the Visigoths , 1846 Battle of Palo Alto . ( The National Park Service has a nice tax funded park and marker there now , 102 dead mexicans , 4 dead americans) . 1861 Richmond , Va is named the Capital of the confederacy . 1886 Coca Cola debuts as a patent medicine . 1912 Paramount pictures is founded . 1945 , hundreds of Algerian civilians are killed by the French Army in The Setif Massacre . 1997 China Southern Flight 3456 crashes .
    Do something Danke

The Mexicans withdrew too quickly from the Battle of Palo Alto and could have easily won . They just needed a Great War Chief like me .
    Do something Danke

Making government work to take from you.
    Cause it's really cool we have to pay people to make the government work to steal from us.
    "The Patriarch"

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Today in History , May 8 , 418 Emperor Honorius gives tax relief to Italian provinces attacked by the Visigoths , 1846 Battle of Palo Alto . ( The National Park Service has a nice tax funded park and marker there now , 102 dead mexicans , 4 dead americans) . 1861 Richmond , Va is named the Capital of the confederacy . 1886 Coca Cola debuts as a patent medicine . 1912 Paramount pictures is founded . 1945 , hundreds of Algerian civilians are killed by the French Army in The Setif Massacre . 1997 China Southern Flight 3456 crashes .
    Also, today

1541 Hernando de Soto discovers Mississippi River

I wonder how all those indians missed it? Good thing de Soto came alone to point it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Also, today

1541 Hernando de Soto discovers Mississippi River

I wonder how all those indians missed it? Good thing de Soto came alone to point it out.
    de Soto died on the bank of the Mississippi River and he thought he was looking for a way to China and viewed the river as a minor obstacle. I think it is safe to say his only real achievement was the piracy of Peru , claiming Hot Springs , Arkansas , a great serial killer and burning down Mobila ( City in Alabama ) . At the time of his death he owned three horses and four Indian slaves and had claimed to be the Sun God . Sun Gods expedition was considered failure by his bosses . He found no gold , no route to China and pissed off or killed off anyone he meet . He was a politician before his time . The Chickasaw had a chance to finish them off to the last man and did not . A mistake I would not have made .
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-08-2017 at 08:15 AM.
    Do something Danke

Two million Desoto cars were made by Chrysler 1928 - 1960 . And he did not even "discover" michigan . The greatest achievement of a Desota auto is being mentioned in the american classic song b movie boxcar blues . Chrysler probably should have made me an offer to help them with things .
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-08-2017 at 12:36 PM.
    Do something Danke

First improvement would have been using me for the logo . Second would have been to make cars that looked like they were worth 3k . I would have brought my sidekick Danke along .
    Do something Danke

May 9 in history , 1763 The siege of Ft Detroit begins , 1873 Vienna stock market crash ,1865 Nathan Bedford Forrest surrenders at Gainesville , 1877 Earthquake in Peru kills 2541 , 1887 Bill Cody's Wild West Show opens , 1936 Italy annexes Ethiopia after capturing the capital , 1945 the SS executes 588 Jewish residents of a town in Ukraine , Channel Islands are liberated , 1979 Mass exodus of Jews from Iran begins , 1980 Security Pacific Bank in Norco , Calif is held up by five gunmen , 1987 Flight 5055 crashes after takeoff from Warsaw killing all 183 .
    Do something Danke

May 10 in history ,28 BC a sunspot is observed and recorded in China , AD 70 the Siege of Jerusalem begins ,1497 Amerigo Vespucci left Cadiz for the new world , 1503 Columbus arrives in the Cayman Islands , 1534 Cartier lands on New Foundland , 1768 John Wilkes is imprisoned , 1775 Fort Ticonderoga is captured , 1801 Barbary pirates of Tripoli declare war on the US , 1837 New York Banks fail , unemployment soars , 1865 in Kentucky , Quantrill is mortally wounded and finally dies day after Oyarde Day . 1893 Supreme Court rules a vegetable is not a fruit . 1969 Vietnam , Battle of Dong Ap Bia begins.
    Do something Danke

May 11 in history , 1310 fifty four Knights Templar are burned at the stake as heretics , 1846 President Polk asks for and receives a declaration of war on Mexico , 1858 Minnesota becomes the 32nd state ,1949 Siam becomes Thailand , 1953 Waco tornado kills 114 , 1970 Lubbock tornado kills 26, 1996 Value Jet Flight 592 crashes killing all 110 and 8 people die on Everest . Let us review what we have learned . Tennessee Dem Presidents are war mongers . Minnesota should not have been allowed as a state , the land remaining with Indians , be mindful of tornado season , air travel is dangerous and never climb Everest .
    Do something Danke

May 12 in 1780 Charleston was taken by the British , 1846 The Donner party departs from Springfield , Illinois , they will later kill and eat the Indian guides who befriended them , 1864 The Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse begins , 1881 Tunisia becomes a French Protectorate , 1926 Italians are the first to fly over the North Pole , 1933 the Agricultural Adjustment Act is enacted to restrict agriculture production and pay subsidies , 1942 German sub torpedos US ship in the mouth of the Mississippi River , 1949 Soviets end Berlin Blockade , 1968 NVA and Cong attack Fire Support Base Coral , 1989 San Bernardino train disaster , 2003 Riyadh compound bombings ,2008 Sichuan earthquake kills 69,000 , 2008 largest Illegal immigrant raid in Pottsville , Iowa , 2015 train derailment in Philly kills 8 injures 200 .
    Do something Danke

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    May 13 in History , 1780 Cumberland Compact is signed , in in early corruption by these barbaric peoples , Constables are entitled to one mink skin for each warrant served . 1943 German Afrika Corps surrender in North Africa , 1958 Vice President Nixons car is attacked in Caracas , 1998 Race riots in Jakarta .
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-14-2017 at 08:29 AM.
    Do something Danke

One time in the spring , date unkown , probably May many , many years ago . I was standing near the edge of a smaller field looking upon what looked to be an abandoned nest of duck eggs . I was contemplating if these were still good . I hear something , I look ahead at a meadow with a huge Hickory tree . Bigfoot is standing under the tree and has thrown a rock at me which is what I heard . I look for the rock and do not see it in the sun . The rock lands nearly at my feet breaking a rotten mallard egg . After smelling that I decided to head back to the house and call it a day .The day of the whistling rock .
    Do something Danke

May 14 in history , 1607 Jamestown is settled , 1804 Lewis & Clark depart Camp Dubois , 1878 the last american Witchcraft trial is held in Salem , Mass . , 1955 Warsaw Pact is signed .
    Do something Danke

One time in the spring , date unkown , probably May many , many years ago . I was standing near the edge of a smaller field looking upon what looked to be an abandoned nest of duck eggs . I was contemplating if these were still good . I hear something , I look ahead at a meadow with a huge Hickory tree . Bigfoot is standing under the tree and has thrown a rock at me which is what I heard . I look for the rock and do not see it in the sun . The rock lands nearly at my feet breaking a rotten mallard egg . After smelling that I decided to head back to the house and call it a day .The day of the whistling rock .
    Once many years ago, I put up a little birdhouse that could be observed from the kitchen table. Imagine our delight when a little family of brown birds moved in - probably house wrens. Anyway, one day my son starts screaming and I run to the window to find a big ass black snake eating the eggs. It was disgusting. The birdhouse came down the next day.

1983: President Ronald Reagan designates May 13, 1983 as “American Indian Day.

LOL
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

1983: President Ronald Reagan designates May 13, 1983 as “American Indian Day.

LOL
    Joint resolution ( 459 ) passed by the House and Senate . I think I missed it , I was in Cincinnati or a foreign country or both .
    Do something Danke

" In Honor of Native American People ....... in recognition of ....... and contribution of the American Indian peoples to our nation ...... " sounds pretty lame , I would have insisted he pick up my bar tab and dinner .
    Do something Danke

More importantly is upcoming , June 05 , Oyarde Day .
    Do something Danke

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    May 15 , 1850 the Bloody Island Massacre . Sixty to 100 Pomo Indians , unarmed old men , woman and children were murdered by US Army Ist Dragoons Regt. Cav. under command of a Lt. Nathanial Lyon in Lake County Calif . Few textbooks tell of these murders or the horrible abuse of the natives of this area by the barbaric white race .
    Do something Danke

Jilted Indian man rapes, kills ex-girlfriend: police

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jilted-in...062256607.html
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Haryana is a north central state in India . I think they have 29 states .
    Do something Danke

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries

Somehow I'm not entirely surprised this was in haryana

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast