Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cashless society getting closer, survey finds

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I did not know that...yup you have BTDT.

I'm in my fifties and still much prefer the change of seasons, cold, snow and winter.

I was just the opposite, BTDT in the tropics and Florida...endless summer liked to have driven me crazy.
    First time I ever whacked my back - 12 y/o shoveling snow.. already almost 6 foot then.. goes with the height territory.
    I'm trying to get a little further north - maybe SC.. but for sure off the sand bar peninsula of Fl.. stuff I like to eat doesn't grow well here

Would love to freak out a real estate agent by paying cash...
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Hell, I paid cash for my new/used truck. 65 $100 dollar bills. I pulled them out of my floor safe. If you want my business you'll take my cash or I will go elsewhere. Likewise, if we do business I only accept cash. If you don't like it you can go elsewhere.
    Heh... in '97 I waltzed into Freehold Dodge, told then I wanted THAT truck, and plonked down the precise amount in cash on the salesman's desk. I thought he was going to have a stroke. He literally didn't know what to do.

Sometime in that same time period I loaned my friend Kristine $30K, which I delivered to her hands in cash, so she could buy a house and escape her douchbag of a husband.

Some months later, she gave me a check for $10K. I went to her bank, her branch and tried to cash it. The teller literally blanched and told me the only way was for me to open an account, which I said wasn't going to happen. The manager got into it with me until I finally laid down the law.

"Is this a valid check?"

"Yes."

"Are there sufficient funds in the account?"

"Yes."

"Is this, then, MY money?"

"Well yes but..."

"Then please get it for me and be aware that I will be back soon with a check for $20K."

I got my money, despite the looks on their faces as if a donkey had just come in their mouths. About a month later I was back with the bigger check. That time I got no $#@! from them because they knew they were wasting their time with me.

I take no prisoners where such nonsense is concerned. "How do we know this isn't drug money?" Really? I stuffed them big time on that one. Mindless, vacuous-eye, empty-headed animals.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Heh... in '97 I waltzed into Freehold Dodge, told then I wanted THAT truck, and plonked down the precise amount in cash on the salesman's desk. I thought he was going to have a stroke. He literally didn't know what to do.

Sometime in that same time period I loaned my friend Kristine $30K, which I delivered to her hands in cash, so she could buy a house and escape her douchbag of a husband.

Some months later, she gave me a check for $10K. I went to her bank, her branch and tried to cash it. The teller literally blanched and told me the only way was for me to open an account, which I said wasn't going to happen. The manager got into it with me until I finally laid down the law.

"Is this a valid check?"

"Yes."

"Are there sufficient funds in the account?"

"Yes."

"Is this, then, MY money?"

"Well yes but..."

"Then please get it for me and be aware that I will be back soon with a check for $20K."

I got my money, despite the looks on their faces as if a donkey had just come in their mouths. About a month later I was back with the bigger check. That time I got no $#@! from them because they knew they were wasting their time with me.

I take no prisoners where such nonsense is concerned. "How do we know this isn't drug money?" Really? I stuffed them big time on that one. Mindless, vacuous-eye, empty-headed animals.
    Good story. What if police arrest you and take your cash just because?

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    Good story. What if police arrest you and take your cash just because?
    Good question. These days, they risk being shot. I brook no theft, no matter who they are or the purport they may claim. Very dangerous game, that, so I would work diligently to avoid such people.

Of course, I no longer have money, so it's a moot point. Used to always carry no less that $3K cash at all times, sometimes a lot more than that. Never had problems, and was always armed.

Was at the old carpet mill in Freehold one day thinking whether I should buy it and make it a base for the NJ Blacksmith Association. All of a sudden Patrolman Ward sees me, stops me, and lies by telling me I'd walked into a drug sting setup; that there were no less than some 30 officers on the roof. Bull$#@!. I am well trained in observation and going into the $#@!-section of Freehold Borough, you can bet I scoped things out well before entering the premises.

But they had to play cop, so I went along. They wanted my ID. OK. They see the cash, I dunno, prob. ca. $5K-$6K, which was typical for me in those days because I used no credit cards save AMEX for business expenses, which was how I knew which expenditures were which. Asked if I was trolling hookers. Saw cash and said to the effect that I expected to believe I was not coming to score dope with all this money. I politely told him I didn't care what he thought, at which point he pretty well knew he was dealing with a cool customer and let me go.

I've walked around with more than $100K in a briefcase. I've never feared being robbed because when badass mofo' meets crazyass mofo' trained in a broad spectrum of the martial arts, the former always loses to the latter. I am the latter. I carried a gun illegally when I lived in NYC and NJ for many years because I was not about to surrender so much as a penny to any Tom, Dick, or Harry who thought they were entitled to my hard-earned properties. And yes, I'd plug anyone trying to rob me. It is not only my right, but my duty to self and the community to suffer no criminal's wrongful acts. The scumbag I let go may go on to take someone's life later. I know I'm not responsible for that, but I cannot claim that such thoughts do not enter my mind. I am bushi (samurai) and will not live the life of a coward. Never have, and I don't intend on starting now.

That is one reason I live in WV. Polite people, much mostly, and I have no fear of going to prison for arming myself for all Lawful purposes.

The world needs warrior culture... TRUE warrior culture and not the false imbecilities with the appellation stenciled on the way Muslims do, just to use one easy example. I mean the real thing, which entails the expert knowledge in proper human relations. Anything less is bull$#@! culture masquerading as something far better than it really is.

That's my story, and I'm sticking with it.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

25 years ago I was using a bank card for purchases more than I do now. Now I use cash for almost all minor purchases that can be made with cash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12