Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama’s $400,000 Cantor Speech Makes Him Wall Street's Newest Fat Cat

Obama’s $400,000 Cantor Speech Makes Him Wall Street's Newest Fat Cat

By Charlie Gasparino, Brian Schwartz - April 24, 2017

When he was president he called them “fat cats,” but now he’s likely thanking them for a huge payday.

Former President Barack Obama, less than 100 days out of office, has agreed to speak at a Wall Street conference run by Cantor Fitzgerald LP, senior people at the firm confirm to FOX Business. His speaking fee will be $400,000, which is nearly twice as much as Hillary Clinton, his secretary of state, and the 2016 Democratic Party candidate, charged private businesses for such events.
    It’s also likely to be a source of criticism against the former president given Obama’s record of attacks against Wall Street bankers for making huge salaries while average Americans were suffering from the ravages of the 2008 financial crisis. Obama, a progressive Democrat, spoke frequently about Wall Street greed during his eight years as president, and now he’s accepting a speaking fee from the industry he singled out as the main culprit of the banking collapse.
    More: http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/...t-fat-cat.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Annnd now for the pay off, biatches!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Annnd now for the pay off, biatches!
    You can take that to the bank!

now that's what I call a true public servant
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

What was funny about Hillary was that she was commanding these huge speaking fees from these mega-corproations, but when she gave a campaign speech for free, nobody would show up
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Why would anyone pay even a dime to listen to this "bad or sick guy".. unless it's payoff time for moneybaggers/neocons' latest political slave?

Barack Obama, Wall Street Co-Conspirator?
    http://billmoyers.com/2013/01/31/bar...o-conspirator/

The Untouchables: How the Obama administration protected Wall Street from prosecutions
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/jan/23/untouchables-wall-street-prosecutions-obama

Related

Rev. Jeremiah Wright: Barack Obama was selected before he was elected

Rev. Jeremiah Wright: "Barack Obama was selected before he was elected. Wall Street selected him. GM, Ford and Chrysler selected him. When you are selected by them, you are beholden to them."

Referencing the Book of Exodus, he warned churchgoers to "Please remember that Pharaoh was black, so not all of your oppressors are white." A chorus of "amen" and a phalanx of arms rose simultaneously into the air in agreement with Mr. Wright.

baltimoresun.com

Majority of Americans now believe Obama is "dishonest and untrustworthy"

Elizabeth Warren can't wait for her turn...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Whoever thinks its wrong for a former President to make a little jack on the speaker circuit can get the hell out.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Whoever thinks its wrong for a former President to make a little jack on the speaker circuit can get the hell out.
    That seems to be your "go to" post lately. Reminds me of recycling the Bush era propaganda/slogans during the wars. When will you remind us that we must either be with the government or with the terrorists?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

To be fair, Bush era phrasology was edgy and trendy.

GTHO
    Trust The President
    Can't Put Price Tag on Freedom
    Fight Them Over There so we can have Barack Hussein Obama Run America Over Here

Related

Rev. Jeremiah Wright: Barack Obama was selected before he was elected

Rev. Jeremiah Wright: "Barack Obama was selected before he was elected. Wall Street selected him. GM, Ford and Chrysler selected him. When you are selected by them, you are beholden to them."

Referencing the Book of Exodus, he warned churchgoers to "Please remember that Pharaoh was black, so not all of your oppressors are white." A chorus of "amen" and a phalanx of arms rose simultaneously into the air in agreement with Mr. Wright.

baltimoresun.com

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    That seems to be your "go to" post lately. Reminds me of recycling the Bush era propaganda/slogans during the wars. When will you remind us that we must either be with the government or with the terrorists?
    You might want to do some research before you embarrass yourself again.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

You might want to do some research before you embarrass yourself again.
    That would be your second most used "go to" post. You'd probably fit in better on some forum full of dumbasses if those are the best retorts you have. I hear Breitbart is hoppin' these days.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Why would anyone pay even a dime to listen to this disgraced eyewash2008 guy who was also called "bad or sick" guy by President Trump recently... unless it's payoff time for moneybaggers/neocons latest political slave?
    I'd rather listen to Obama any day that the incomprehensible junk that backfires outta Trump's mouth.

And I definitely ain't no O fan- just sayin'.
    There is no spoon.

That would be your second most used "go to" post. You'd probably fit in better on some forum full of dumbasses if those are the best retorts you have. I hear Breitbart is hoppin' these days.
    @Jamesiv1's remarks are mostly sarcasm and can be misinterpreted until you get used to him.
    There is no spoon.

Say something else, punk. I'll come over there and kick your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    @Jamesiv1's remarks are mostly sarcasm and can be misinterpreted until you get used to him.
    Yeah, but he is overdoing it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Say something else, punk. I'll come over there and kick your ass.
    You make me miss Zippy.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Yeah, but he is overdoing it.
    Well sometimes the only other response is:

There is no spoon.

now maybe he'll be able to spring for his own goddamn library.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I'd rather listen to Obama any day that the incomprehensible junk that backfires outta Trump's mouth.

And I definitely ain't no O fan- just sayin'.
    Have you heard speeches of both without teleprompters?

It's like day and night. DGP is a horrible speaker without teleprompter.

Related

Poll: Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton: Who is the best speaker without teleprompter?

I was never fooled by Obama.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

Ron Paul only charges $50,000 to speak. https://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/r...yW9#.kimol46Ko

Paul’s fee is in addition to hotel, meals, and ground transportation in his origin and destination cities for two people. He’s represented by Greater Talent Network Speakers Bureau.

Paul’s rate puts him about in the middle of the field for former politicians. He’s making more than John Huntsman, Mike Huckabee, and Joe Scarborough, but much less than Al Gore and Arnold Schwarzenegger, each of whom command six-figure fees.
    Obama can't pass any laws now so they can't be buying his influence on regulations.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-27-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Have you heard speeches of both without teleprompters?

It's like day and night. DGP is a horrible speaker without teleprompter.
    Did you ever hear Bush? Gag.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Obama can't pass any laws now so they can't be buying his influence on regulations.
    Yes, they can be buying his influence. (And you do know that Obama couldn't "pass any laws" even when he was POTUS, don't you?)

Just because he isn't sitting POTUS any more doesn't mean he doesn't have any connections, or that he can't broker introductions, or etc. - you know, all the things that are connoted by the term "influence peddling" ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you say so. I think he's just a dick.

Oh wow, internet tough guy.

Go ahead and say something else, punk. I will come over there and kick your ass.

Oh wow, internet tough guy.

Go ahead and say something else, punk. I will come over there and kick your ass.
    I predicked you'd respond to criticism that way.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I predicked you'd respond to criticism that way.
    Oh wow, look at all the internet tough guys.

I'm going to hide deep inside this forum and every time you guys post I'm going to jump out and kick your ass.

Obama reportedly pulls in another $400G for speech
    April 28, 2017

McCain: St. Obama is a dirty capitalist like the rest of us

Barack Obama, the former president, who has been criticized for taking in $400,000 for a Wall Street-sponsored speech, has reportedly pulled in the exact same amount for another speech in New York.
    The former president appeared at the A&E Networks advertising upfront at The Pierre Hotel in New York City where he was interviewed by historian Doris Kearns Goodwin for more than 90 minutes in front of the cable network’s advertisers, The New York Post reported.
    Earlier this week, the 44th president came under strong scrutiny after it was learned that he agreed to speak at a health care event in September sponsored by Wall Street Bank Cantor Fitzgerald, a speech that would earn him $400,000.
    Surprisingly, Democratic Party leaders have come out to the media to harshly criticized Obama.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...or-speech.html

Elizabeth Warren: Obama was wrong. The system is more rigged than you know

Sanders: Obama's $400K Wall Street speech 'unfortunate'
    By Max Greenwood - 04/28/17 09:19 AM EDT
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...00k-for-speech

Did you ever hear Bush? Gag.
    Did you ever hear Reagan? Rad.

If you want to expand scope, we can as a side discussion but above comment was mainly about comparing un-teleprompted speeches of current POTUS and DGP.

Did you ever hear Reagan? Rad.

If you want to expand scope, we can as a side discussion but above comment was mainly about comparing un-teleprompted speeches of current POTUS and DGP.
    Reagan was an actor- he knew how to use visual media. And he was usually always on the teleprompter- was just not obvious. When he wasn't, he said some pretty stupid things. He said them well, but didn't know what he was talking about.
    There is no spoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast