Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In the early morning New Orleans removes Confederate monuments...

In the early morning New Orleans removes Confederate monuments...

In the early morning hours of Monday, masked men in black bulletproof vests gathered at the Battle of Liberty Place in downtown New Orleans. They arrived in flatbed trucks, the name of the company on the trucks’ sides concealed by tape and cardboard. Snipers took up positions on nearby rooftops.

This wasn’t the scene of a bank heist or a mob hit. The snipers were New Orleans police, and the workers were under contract with the city. They were there to tear down a 126-year-old monument linked to the Confederacy. New Orleans is the latest city to embark on the removal of its Confederate monuments, a rising trend among progressive municipal leaders and activists who claim to be acting in the name of tolerance but whose true purpose is political.

By dawn on Monday, the first of four monuments to be removed, a white marble obelisk on Canal Street, was gone. The city went about the removal amid an air of official secrecy and heightened security measures in response to threats against the city’s contractor earlier this year. New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu issued a statement at 3:15 a.m. Monday, while crews were still at work, saying the removal “sends a clear and unequivocal message” about the city’s focus on celebrating “our diversity, inclusion and tolerance.”

Because nothing says inclusion and tolerance like tearing up century-old monuments and carting them off in the dead of night.
    In ancient Rome, it was called damnatio memoriae, the “condemnation of memory,” and its purpose was overtly political. The point was to dishonor traitors and deposed emperors by purging them from public memory. Rome would seize their property, remove their name from public monuments, and destroy or re-work their statues.

Today, the practice has been revived, albeit under the pretext of inclusion and tolerance

http://thefederalist.com/2017/04/25/...#disqus_thread
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-25-2017 at 09:32 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In the early morning hours of Monday, masked men in black bulletproof vests gathered at the Battle of Liberty Place in downtown New Orleans. They arrived in flatbed trucks, the name of the company on the trucks’ sides concealed by tape and cardboard. Snipers took up positions on nearby rooftops.
    Why all the cloak and dagger SWAT $#@!?

You'd think there would be celebrations...amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

$#@! yeah. A three ring circus. All manner of circus freaks. All blabbering on about inclusivity and tolerance while smearing defecation on every surface like a two year old left alone with a $#@!ty load for 10 minutes.

In ancient Rome, it was called damnatio memoriae, the “condemnation of memory,” and its purpose was overtly political. The point was to dishonor traitors and deposed emperors by purging them from public memory. Rome would seize their property, remove their name from public monuments, and destroy or re-work their statues.

Today, the practice has been revived, albeit under the pretext of inclusion and tolerance
    In Orwell's world of 1984 they were called "unpersons".

I was thinking about this last night, and while Confederate monuments might have a bad connotation to some people, I don't think we should erase that era from our history. We can't treat history as if some things never happened. Sometimes wrong decisions and wrong motives should be captured and exposed as a reminder that we don't want to go back to that kind of thinking.

I think we have gotten so caught up in the illusion of perfection as power that we don't want to see any scars or reminders that bad things happened, and I think that's a big mistake.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    $#@! yeah. A three ring circus. All manner of circus freaks. All blabbering on about inclusivity and tolerance while smearing defecation on every surface like a two year old left alone with a $#@!ty load for 10 minutes.
    Just another day in the Soyuz.

Stalin would be proud of these erasers of history.

Jan2017

guy yelling during a (now removed) youtube . . . "nobody knows who they are"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac0BDTYS5sw

Either side for/against the statue removal interviewed here call it an act of cowardice to do this in the middle of the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaVfqDif8Xg
    Last edited by Jan2017; 04-25-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Just another day in the Soyuz.

Stalin would be proud of these erasers of history.
    And one of the biggest problems is that no one knows real history.

The "Civil" War was never about slavery- it was about money and the stealing of the South's wealth/production by the North. PLUS the South had a right to secede- cracks me up when modern know-nothings call the South traitors.

Lincoln made it all about slavery, later in the war, so he could get abolitionists behind him and increase support. Plus his proclamation never freed the northern slaves- only the southern. Not to mention that slavery was on it's way out- even blacks were slave holders- would have ended peacefully had not the government tried to take all the wealth.

But ask anyone around you about these little details of history and they will think you're crazy.
    Last edited by Ender; 04-25-2017 at 03:20 PM.
    There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I was thinking about this last night, and while Confederate monuments might have a bad connotation to some people, I don't think we should erase that era from our history. We can't treat history as if some things never happened. Sometimes wrong decisions and wrong motives should be captured and exposed as a reminder that we don't want to go back to that kind of thinking.

I think we have gotten so caught up in the illusion of perfection as power that we don't want to see any scars or reminders that bad things happened, and I think that's a big mistake.
    That is why they are doing it--to simply erase history. and how far we came from that time. Then, not many people have to critically think about history, they are just told what to think.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

meh, this is what happens when you are on the losing side, I'm surprised it took this long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

The "Civil" War was never about slavery- it was about money and the stealing of the South's wealth/production by the North. PLUS the South had a right to secede- cracks me up when modern know-nothings call the South traitors.

Lincoln made it all about slavery, later in the war, so he could get abolitionists behind him behind him and increase support. Plus his proclamation never freed the northern slaves- only the southern. Not to mention that slavery was on it's way out- even blacks were slave holders- would have ended peacefully had not the government tried to take all the wealth.

But ask anyone around you about these little details of history and they will think you're crazy.
    In a nutshell ^^^^^^.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Missed opportunity. They could have blown it up and blamed muh terrorists (aka another false flag event).

Previous contractor pulled out because they received death threats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Good, the Confederacy was anti-liberty and anti-capitalist. Their trash belongs in a museum.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Previous contractor pulled out because they received death threats.
    Got a source for that? And I don't mean a news headline. I mean the actual words that were transmitted, the methods of transmission, etc.
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrokHead View Post
    Good, the Confederacy was anti-liberty and anti-capitalist.
    The protectionist policies of the north and Lincoln were fairly anti-capitalist.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 04-25-2017 at 03:12 PM.
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

They will all be gone soon . At least any in large cities . Large cities are the bastions of communism and history there cannot be tolerated by all of those food stamp recipients .
    Do something Danke

Well, the South is finally being truly Reconstructed.

It is the fault of all the "AMERICA IS UH-MAZING AND CAN DO NO WRONG EVER!" conservatives as it is the delicate progressives though.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    They will all be gone soon . At least any in large cities . Large cities are the bastions of communism and history there cannot be tolerated by all of those food stamp recipients .
    They should just start bulldozing, wholesale, southern cities as the bastions of the pro-slavery reminder that they are. And when they are done they can move operations to northern cities that are bastions of the pro-slavery reminder that they are.

They should just start bulldozing, wholesale, southern cities as the bastions of the pro-slavery reminder that they are. And when they are done they can move operations to northern cities that are bastions of the pro-slavery reminder that they are.
    I like this idea!

Run 'em up to Canada....

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post

What they're attempting to erase is the engineered corporate takeover of the American landmass that sprang out of the Civil War. Removing monuments, flags, etc are removing the symbols that remind of the war and what came out of it. It's also why Google is going to start majorly censoring search results to prevent certain inconvenient historical truths from being disseminated. You're seeing the erasing and rewriting of history in real-time. I haven't reviewed any school history books recently but if it hasn't happened already, expect sections about the Civil War to be removed entirely, as if it never happened.

They call it the New South. There's a museum called the Levine Museum of the New South in my city that is devoted to rewriting history of the South. The spin and revisionist history is so blatant but people are already 99% ignorant of history so it's the icing on the cake.
    Last edited by devil21; 04-25-2017 at 06:01 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

Then why did so many declarations of secessions specifically mention that slavery was the cause of secession? Why did so many newspaper articles of the time specifically mention slavery as the reason for the war? Why did so many specifically mention that tariffs were not a reason for the secession?

How did the North steal the South's wealth/production? The vast majority of taxes were collected at Northern ports...the South didn't really have an import economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.No. View Post
    Then why did so many declarations of secessions specifically mention that slavery was the cause of secession? Why did so many newspaper articles of the time specifically mention slavery as the reason for the war? Why did so many specifically mention that tariffs were not a reason for the secession?

How did the North steal the South's wealth/production? The vast majority of taxes were collected at Northern ports...the South didn't really have an import economy.
    https://www.bing.com/search?q=northe...logo=CT3210127

Glad I could teach you how to fish. I'll be giving you none of mine.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post

Either side for/against the statue removal interviewed here call it an act of cowardice to do this in the middle of the night.
    With snipers. It reconstruction all over again.

[edit, was already put out by PierzStyx]

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Well, the South is finally being truly Reconstructed.

It is the fault of all the "AMERICA IS UH-MAZING AND CAN DO NO WRONG EVER!" conservatives as it is the delicate progressives though.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 04-25-2017 at 06:16 PM.
    "The Patriarch"

Out of rep.
    "The Patriarch"

LOL!

And + rep!
    There is no spoon.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I wonder what Tom Woods thinks. This stuff drives him crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.No. View Post

The theft was mainly stealing the land by destroying land records which would have proven ownership by the historical families of the south in the aftermath of the CW. Most paper archives have been systematically destroyed when found and new records created showing the northern carpetbaggers as the owners of southern land. Of course, that meant that use of that land for production of crops, cattle, etc was stolen as well.

Here's an example:
    http://www.wral.com/historians-lamen...ords/13229922/

Louisburg, N.C. — Thousands of documents and records dating to the 1840s that were stored in the basement of the Franklin County Courthouse were destroyed this month after a significant number were damaged by mold, officials said.

Now, some residents are upset about the loss of a part of local history they say was destroyed along with the papers, photographs and other items that were discovered only recently.

“For any historian or genealogist or anyone who wants to preserve the past, any piece of paper or photograph you come across is a treasure,” said Diane Taylor Torrent, with the Heritage Society of Franklin County, a preservation group.

She said the documents included property and court records that predated the Civil War and photographs from the 1920s.

“Immediately when I found these pictures, the first thing I did was scan them,” Torrent said.

Patricia Burnette Chastain helped find the records shortly after taking office as clerk of Franklin County Superior Court.

“I was extremely disappointed to see that these particular records had not been cared for,” she said.

A leaky pipe was to blame for the mold that damaged some of the records.

“It was circulating throughout our courthouse, and people’s health could very easily be affected,” Chastain said.

Months after Chastain and the Heritage Society started working to preserve the documents, the county decided on Dec. 6 to burn the records. The state recommended the decision.

“A lot of these records that they saw were of very short-term value to the state or (were) like check stubs or confidential records that are not to be seen unauthorized,” said Sarah Koonts, director of the North Carolina Division of Archives and Records.

She said the documents had been inspected in 1964 by the state and were ordered destroyed back then.

But Torrent said she wishes the records were simply relocated so the basement could have been cleaned to address the air quality problem. Among the items lost was a copy of a bill introduced in the legislature in the 1870s that required North Carolina farmers to fence their cattle and a letter written from a soldier serving in France during World War I.

“It breaks my heart because these are the records that are gone forever now,” she said.
    That story is one example. Deeper research into that particular case show that the msm version of the story wasn't very accurate. It was all done very underhandedly and secretively. Those records likely showed who the true heirs to property were...
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Grant II

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast