Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I want to start a Libertarian movement in my country

If you're Lebanese and don't like what's going on in Lebanon then you can get the hell out.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibn.AL.Muqafaa View Post
    Thx, for the advice
    No problem!

I also would suggest dumbing down any message you want to present. A lot. Really, really a lot. The average IQ of your country is about 80. Average. None of these people can even understand the pronunciation of the word "libertarian," much less why they may want to pronounce it. I don't even know why they would. They probably wouldn't!

So actually, I would suggest one of two possible paths (not that you can't do both... if you have unlimited time and resources): either radically dumb the message down, or radically intellectually juice the message up. This second option is that you just ignore all the people in your country who are completely incapable of understanding libertarianism (as well as being incapable of pronouncing the word, which is going to be just downright annoying for you) and focus on the upper-class elites, who are capable.

Option One: Make Lebanese libertarianism synonymous with something really popular to the plebes in Lebanon. In your case, possibilities would be: Islam, and.... OK, just Islam. That's pretty much the only horse you've got. So hitch 'er up!

Option Two: Make Lebanese libertarianism extremely exclusive and high-level stuff that the elite and only the elite will be attracted to, or even have the equipment to understand. By refusing to compromise, water down, or even simplify, you will gain a cachet of exclusivity. By utterly refusing to attempt in the slightest to seem attractive to, or even palatable to, or even non-horrifying to, or even comprehensible to the idiotic masses, you will draw at least some curiosity from one group: powerful, intelligent, contrarian/independent young men in wealthy families with high IQs. If your ideas are as sensational as you think, this group will then adopt them. And, turns out.... that's the only group you need! True story.

There's your two game plan options. Choose wisely.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    -The short answer is Yes, you can be a Muslim and a Libertarian, just like you have Christian Libertarians.
    -The Long answer is No, the religion of Islam is against secularism and Individualism.
    Right, so one could claim to be Muslim and a libertarian, but one cannot follow the tenants of Islam and be a libertarian.

That sounds like a pretty big problem, to me. What on earth can possibly be done to rectify it?

I mean, Christianity certainly isn't perfect and there has been a lot of violence perpetrated in the name of Christianity - but I'm not under the impression that Christianity is fundamentally at odds with having a free society. In fact, some people believe Jesus was an anarchist tax protester and that some of his words and teachings were later altered slightly to make him appear more statist than he actually was in order for the religion to be compatible with the power structures in place at the time, but that hints of his true teachings remain.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I live in Lebanon, and I don't know many libertarians where I live
    I know only two guys on the internet and they created a Facebook page called "The Lebanese Libertarian Movement" and the page is still small https://www.facebook.com/LebaneseLibertarians/
    We would like to expand and start doing something in practice.
    Any suggestions and ideas are appreciated.
    I'll tell you something. I like pretty much everyone here. A few times I've got on the bad side of some people. And sometimes some people get on my bad side. And, of course, a woman scorned, never forgets, no matter what. That's something else, though. End of the day, though, if any of em needed something, I'd be right there offering if they asked.

Now. Heh. That said, you have to be careful when asking 'libertarians' about libertarianism. A lot of people have some libertarian tendencies but not all of them are truly libertarian. Most are libertines. The younger ones anyway. Then you have the monarchists and whatnot. And mercantilists. And about a dozen other isms going on, all with their own tailored perception of libertarian.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 04-24-2017 at 07:34 PM.

The problem with Lebanon is that political parties do not rely on Left-Right politics they rely on sectarian politics instead.
    In Lebanon we do not have capitalism, sectarian families control the politics.
    For example the Joumblat family have strong influence among the Druze sect, and soon enough Walid Joumblat the current leader of the Druze will inherent the leadership to his eldest son.
    And in Lebanon your religious sect is stated on your Identification card, if u wanna get a job in Lebanon you need wasta (a form of nepotism in the Middle East) were an individual has connections to a politician.(This also applies to the private sector), Sectarian politicians have a monopoly over the private sector too.
    When the politicians want to take a decision or implement a policy or pass a law or something it is debated on the basis of how much money they will gain and allocation of sectarian quotas.
    Do the Druze still hold the belief that you must be born to Druze parents ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I'll tell you something. I like pretty much everyone here. A few times I've got on the bad side of some people. And sometimes some people get on my bad side. And, of course, a woman scorned, never forgets, no matter what. That's something else, though. End of the day, though, if any of em needed something, I'd be right there offering if they asked.

Now. Heh. That said, you have to be careful when asking 'libertarians' about libertarianism. A lot of people have some libertarian tendencies but not all of them are truly libertarian. Most are libertines. The younger ones anyway. Then you have the monarchists and whatnot. And mercantilists. And about a dozen other isms going on, all with their own tailored perception of libertarian.
    Right. And yet, there was -- and hopefully still is! -- a thread tying us all together. In our particular case, it was the great project of Murray Rothbard, as implemented by the hard work and tireless integrity of Lew Rockwell and Ron Paul, that binds us. Murray's great integrating vision was able to see the wholesome or worthwhile elements in a panoply of American traditions, movements, and intellectual Giants, and then his genius was able to stitch them into a system that could have great appeal to them all, to all these seemingly unrelated groups. Furthermore -- and this is where his genius goes beyond sheer inventive cleverness and reaches that rare height of the universal -- Murray's final creation in no way feels like a patchwork quilt, but like Michealangelo's Sistene Chapel, a unified and coherent whole, much greater that the sum of its parts.

But without the parts, already existing, already active and alive, it wouldn't have worked. Movements, especially political movements, cannot simply be created whole cloth out of nothing. They grow and morph out of existing movements. So, you need to figure out: what is your John Birch Society? Who was your Lebanese Mencken, your Jefferson, your Spooner? Where is your Young Americans for Freedom to proselyte in, your National Review to write in (and feud with), your Ayn Rand to love (and laugh at)? These are the kinds of questions you must answer if you are to discover whether it is possible to construct a Libertarian Movement in Lebanon.

And again, I wish you the best in doing so.
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 04-24-2017 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Make youtube videos/make appearance in other people's youtube video, start a blog,
    The world has become an "interesting" place. I started a blog some years ago. Possibly I am flattering myself as I am a horrible judge of my own merits (which is why I usually default to "everything I do sucks", so as not to lead myself astray in the direction of auto-stroking), but I think I have done a fair to middling job of it. Ten-thousand views since late 2009 is an abysmal result, telling me that either indeed I suck or the average man has no interest in, or capacity for my efforts. Assuming for conversation's sake that I do not wholly suck, it would then follow that people are not in much of a mood for the rigors of freedom.

You have to put yourself/your ideas out there somehow and if possible,
    Done that. Not much response, which leads me back to the notion that "I suck". The other possibility is that I just suck at self-promotion. I've never been one to whip it out and start waving it around like the world's largest flag poll, screaming "hey everybody, look at me!"

pray that a Ron Paul type politician would come around to carry the idea to the masses.
    Hell no. The ONE thing I don't like about Ron Paul is the cult that has arisen around him. It is essentially no different than the one that rose at the feet of men like Hitler and Jim Jones. What we need is not a Ron Paul, but fifty million like-minded and driven individuals of equivalent knowledge, capacities, drive, and habit. So long as we of the "liberty movement" retain this fetish for personalities, hoping for a new Moses to appear out of the mists to deliver us from our bondage, we shall remain in fact the Bowel Movement, for we are nothing more than that. The fact is that say that we want freedom, but clearly not enough to seize it. We only want it enough to "pray" someone comes along and gives it to us. Does this not remind us so very powerfully of those whom we claim to despise? Sadder and more ironically still is the fact that those at whom we look down our noses have been out there acting to get their hands on that which they say they want. Yes, they are almost equally guilty of wanting it given them, but that small difference between us - such as demonstrated by the rioters who tried to burn down Portland - is all the difference in the world because even though the goals were rotten and perhaps disingenuous, they DID get off the couch and into the action. Generally speaking, "we" do nothing beyond griping from behind a screen.

I've personally attempted to get some ideas going here on RPF. The result? Nada, every time. I've seen others do the same with identical outcomes. I don't suppose this is a very popular position, but we have only ourselves to blame. Back ca. 2010 there was some push here to do X and at the request of some of the members I recruited the head of the NJ Libertarian party to the cause only to have the ball dropped utterly, the result being me wearing egg from head to toe. While I tend to be rather forbearing, I do not care for being made the fool, which was precisely what happened. Sadly, this is typical of the Bowel Movement, which is why it will likely never become a Liberty Movement. THAT is why the progressives are eating Liberty's lunch and why we are likely to die as effective chattel. This is why I roll my eyes now whenever I hear a call to action. Once bitten, thrice shy.

I don't know even bupkis about the practicalities of politicking, so years ago I asked for help in finding out how I might go about running for office here in WV. Not a single word offered by anyone. I am owed nothing and therefore have no basis to complain, but it is not inappropriate to point out that not a soul here came forward with even a single word of encouragement. It was as if I were shouting down a black-hole. How is such a reality supposed to offer even the least reasonable hope of anything better than the continued mad rush from anything even remotely resembling freedom? Perhaps I am blind, but I just don't see it.

Until the mode is fundamentally altered, and I hold not my breath in wait, the Bowel Movement shall go nowhere. Sorry if my prognosis is a downer, but I see nothing better at this time.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    What we need is not a Ron Paul, but fifty million like-minded and driven individuals of equivalent knowledge, capacities, drive, and habit.
    Well, that would be nice. But, I have a little bit different view. Call me romantic, but as I study and look at history, most of the advancements made, most of the steps forward for the European Mind have come from single individual geniuses. The story of history, at least all the edifying parts, is not the story of the masses, it is the story of Geniuses.

You need not despair at the impossible task of energizing 50 million people. That goal is insurmountable, but it's also not required. All it ever takes is one. Just one Voltaire.

I've personally attempted to get some ideas going here on RPF. The result? Nada, every time. I've seen others do the same with identical outcomes.... This is why I roll my eyes now whenever I hear a call to action. Once bitten, thrice shy.
    The one to call to action is yourself. I, for example, have built a financial institution that will enable us to use gold as money. Michael Maresco rode a bicycle across the country. AF won northern NH for Ron Paul by buying newspaper ad space. Bill Greene went through the lengthy process of becoming a part of the Electoral College and cast his vote for Ron Paul. Lew Rockwell founded the Mises Institute and has been running it for the past 35 years. Curtis Yarvin (Mencius Moldbug) is building us a new, free internet; he's been working on it since 2002. Pericles wrote a book -- that takes a lot of effort.

The point is: these men are working hard, over long periods of time. It takes a sustained focus and effort to accomplish anything. It takes a long time. Libertarianism and Conservatism are K-Selected philosophies. We are K-Selected. So how are we going to win? By being K-Selected! The way to win is to play to your strengths. Push your advantage. Be true to your nature. And that means, in case you're not familiar with r/K theory: thinking long term. Working long term. Not being impatient. Fighting the war, not the battles.

I always try to be helpful, or at least supportive, when anyone has a Project, when anyone's actually trying to do something. So, whatever your ideas are/were, give the thread a bump and if I see it I'll try to help.

I don't know even bupkis about the practicalities of politicking, so years ago I asked for help in finding out how I might go about running for office here in WV. Not a single word offered by anyone. I am owed nothing and therefore have no basis to complain, but it is not inappropriate to point out that not a soul here came forward with even a single word of encouragement. It was as if I were shouting down a black-hole.
    Aha, you've made it easy, here's one of your ideas right here!

It's easy, osan! I mean, running is really easy. Just go down to the courthouse or county building and apply! You fill out a form. That's it! And it's probably one of the easiest government forms you've ever filled out. OK, set! You're running!

Now winning, that takes other measures. Essentially, it's like anything else in life: just be smart and put in some work. You're intelligent, so you already have that big advantage. So just think about the problem, come up with a plan of attack, and execute. Picking a good office to run for is part of this process of using your intelligence, too.

You might enjoy this book:

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    No problem!

I also would suggest dumbing down any message you want to present. A lot. Really, really a lot. The average IQ of your country is about 80. Average. None of these people can even understand the pronunciation of the word "libertarian," much less why they may want to pronounce it. I don't even know why they would. They probably wouldn't!

So actually, I would suggest one of two possible paths (not that you can't do both... if you have unlimited time and resources): either radically dumb the message down, or radically intellectually juice the message up. This second option is that you just ignore all the people in your country who are completely incapable of understanding libertarianism (as well as being incapable of pronouncing the word, which is going to be just downright annoying for you) and focus on the upper-class elites, who are capable.

Option One: Make Lebanese libertarianism synonymous with something really popular to the plebes in Lebanon. In your case, possibilities would be: Islam, and.... OK, just Islam. That's pretty much the only horse you've got. So hitch 'er up!

Option Two: Make Lebanese libertarianism extremely exclusive and high-level stuff that the elite and only the elite will be attracted to, or even have the equipment to understand. By refusing to compromise, water down, or even simplify, you will gain a cachet of exclusivity. By utterly refusing to attempt in the slightest to seem attractive to, or even palatable to, or even non-horrifying to, or even comprehensible to the idiotic masses, you will draw at least some curiosity from one group: powerful, intelligent, contrarian/independent young men in wealthy families with high IQs. If your ideas are as sensational as you think, this group will then adopt them. And, turns out.... that's the only group you need! True story.

There's your two game plan options. Choose wisely.
    I would go for option two, because I know a party in Lebanon called "Seven", they don't have a certain ideology, their beliefs are working on improving the basic living standards and conditions for the Lebanese, the board of directors are upper middle class, and the secretary general is a founder and CEO of an advertising company, we did discuss a bit on implementing free market capitalism. When I see them next I will debate and discuss free market capitalism.

"Seven" are cultural progressives which means that they support scientific advancements and innovations, the believe in gender equality, LGBT rights, secularism, only one or two support Hezbollah. They are open to new ideas so I will have a full discussion soon enough on Libertarianism.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Do the Druze still hold the belief that you must be born to Druze parents ?
    Not exactly, according to the Durzi doctrine, if your father is a Durzi but your mother isn't then you have to follow your mother's religious beliefs, similar to Judaism.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    If you're Lebanese and don't like what's going on in Lebanon then you can get the hell out.
    Immigration is not easy to afford.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Right, so one could claim to be Muslim and a libertarian, but one cannot follow the tenants of Islam and be a libertarian.

That sounds like a pretty big problem, to me. What on earth can possibly be done to rectify it?

I mean, Christianity certainly isn't perfect and there has been a lot of violence perpetrated in the name of Christianity - but I'm not under the impression that Christianity is fundamentally at odds with having a free society. In fact, some people believe Jesus was an anarchist tax protester and that some of his words and teachings were later altered slightly to make him appear more statist than he actually was in order for the religion to be compatible with the power structures in place at the time, but that hints of his true teachings remain.
    Many Muslims believe that Muhammad & Omar were socialists/communists and they were the richest but redistributed their wealth to the poor and underprivileged, and in Islam you have to pay at least 2.5% of your income to charity or as a tax if living in an Islamic country.
    During the Islamic golden age, free market capitalism was relied on, and it made them prosper, but the thinkers, scientists, and managers were closet ex-Muslims.
    I can argue with Muslims about the economy during the golden age.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post

I am not an anarchist I am a minarchist , but I should also explain to people the different schools of Libertarianism.

In my opinion, you need to focus on education before you even worry about political success. The basis of libertarianism is private property, and that would solve much of what ails your country right now. Getting people to understand property rights and how private property is what has driven wealth creation through the history of the world will eventually open people to politicians pushing that message.

In this country, a country that was founded on mostly "libertarian" values, there is almost no political stomach for that message, so in your country, people will need to understand what it means before you ask them to vote for it.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why would any country want to copy America??
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Originally Posted by osanWhat we need is not a Ron Paul, but fifty million like-minded and driven individuals of equivalent knowledge, capacities, drive, and habit.

Well, that would be nice. But, I have a little bit different view. Call me romantic, but as I study and look at history, most of the advancements made, most of the steps forward for the European Mind have come from single individual geniuses. The story of history, at least all the edifying parts, is not the story of the masses, it is the story of Geniuses.

You may be ignoring a subtle, yet important point. Firstly, the genius of long past - say from the renaissance time - was HEAVILY managed or "guided" by the tyrant church, as well as the kingly equivalents. Michelangelo is one example of very many. His work on the Sistine Chapel, for one, was heavily interfered with by that douche cardinal whose name escapes me at the moment. Michelangelo was very lucky to have escaped what could easily have been mortal consequences had his depiction of said cardinal descending the steps into eternal damnation been taken in issue.

Another was Gallileo. His astrological models were declared heretical and he damned nearly earned the stake. His genius strayed from the path of ecclesiastic approval and placed a set of crosshairs on his back for the remainder of his life.

Then there was da Vinci who also treaded on thin ice at times. The genius of Mozart damned nearly got him in trouble at the time, not to mention is virtual captive status by the king who decided he owned the composer.

Fast-forward to the age of "enlightenment". THAT is where we see the real advances that came in rapid fire, one upon the other. Why? I will tell you: it was because for the first time in the history of human Empire, genius was respected through the augmented recognition of INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS. No longer were men so blatantly regarded as the property of those in power. Such men as Planck, Rieman, Bohr, Hertz, Poisson, Einstein, Tesla, and so on, were actually FREE to engage in the exercise of their genius and make of it what they might. Never before had that been possible. The wicked and corrupt church had been muzzled, and much of the worst of the kings reined in... at least enough to make possible the Industrial Revolution, which would have been wholly impossible in the fifteenth century even had Watt and Carnot been born then and equally educated. Why? Because the product of their genius would have been seen by the rotten Church of Fear and Evil as a threat to their world view, and thus their power. Such men would have been reeled in, any resistance met with the stake or other equally horrid and criminal instrumentality.

And now that we are on our way into a new political dark age, once again the yoke has been reintroduced upon the individual, every day another few grains of weight added to ensure that whatever greatness might reside within the head in question, it will remain tightly controlled by Themme and their agents so as not to bring forth anything that might attenuate their power in accord with the zero-sum world view they hold in such matters.

Were I to discover a truly endless and practical form of energy, scalable from that by which to power a wristwatch, to an entire city of 20 million souls, you had better bet your ass that I would be taken under strict and stern control in a split moment. Theye would not readily allow such liberating ability to fall into the hands of common folk.

Therefore, while what you say is true insofar as it goes, the more complete context must accompany your facts in order to give a more complete perspective.

Theye are raving, maniacally insane filth that have rendered this world into the condition we now find it. The common man has no direct hand in it, for he was instructed what to think, feel, and do. Shame on him for that, perhaps, but perhaps not. The agents of positive fact are Themme and they bear the vast proportion of the burden of guilt for the despair-inspiring condition in which the world now finds itself.

You need not despair at the impossible task of energizing 50 million people. That goal is insurmountable, but it's also not required. All it ever takes is one. Just one Voltaire.
    I don't do despair. I do disgust and near-despair at times, but I have yet to set my feet upon such tainted soil.

All it takes is one is not nearly correct, as I take you meaning. If one manages to light a fire of change under the asses of the 50 millions such that they awaken and come to sense, then yes. But if you mean as I suspect that just one can single-handedly bring such deep and massive change about, you are very much mistaken. It is a virtual impossibility because it is statistically next to zero as a potential.

The one to call to action is yourself.

I've done that which I am willing on my own. If I am among people unwilling to help themselves, then I will lift no finger to come to their aid when the moment comes they burst into a state of open combustion. Were the nation of a mind to take up arms and straighten the land out, I would be on board. I will not, however, so much as break a finger nail for those who will do naught but stand idly by, shivering as I went forth to do battle against evil. Screw that noise. $#@!ty people deserve the destruction that other $#@!ty people visit upon them. My only concern is for the small handful who deserve the liberty born to them. That they, too, stand to be consumed in the flames of destruction as America descends the staircase into the dustbin of history, is the only aspect of the destruction of humanity I find disagreeable. The rest deserve their cells in living hell, so far as I am concerned.

I, for example, have built a financial institution that will enable us to use gold as money.

I applaud the effort and wish you all success. But that is nowhere nearly sufficient to the broader task in question: that of human liberty. Furthermore, if you have not already done so, you will fall under the thumb of the Man, who will regulate your genius - possibly unto extinction.

Michael Maresco rode a bicycle across the country. AF won northern NH for Ron Paul by buying newspaper ad space. Bill Greene went through the lengthy process of becoming a part of the Electoral College and cast his vote for Ron Paul. Lew Rockwell founded the Mises Institute and has been running it for the past 35 years. Curtis Yarvin (Mencius Moldbug) is building us a new, free internet; he's been working on it since 2002. Pericles wrote a book -- that takes a lot of effort.

Lots of effort, aye. I have written several books worth and have published some of it for all to see - all to little to no effect that I can detect. I have asked for help, just a LITTLE help and got nowhere. Once again, I have no interest in working for the interests of people whose very lives are apparently not worth to themselves the match to light them ablaze. It's a sad statement, but that is how things are. I'd have done most of the heavy lifting, but there are some things I cannot do until I learn how to do them. All I asked was a little guidance and nothing was forthcoming, which gave good indication of the level of interest. I have since decided I have better things to do with my time. In the meanwhile, I still write the occasional essay and post here in the interest of learning, teaching, and improving everyone's understanding of the basics relevant to the ostensive reasons we are all here.

I always try to be helpful, or at least supportive, when anyone has a Project, when anyone's actually trying to do something. So, whatever your ideas are/were, give the thread a bump and if I see it I'll try to help.
    I am done with that. Now I work on my triggers in the hope of making a buck in exchange for an invention worthy of people's needs and wants.

You might enjoy this book:

I will have to check it out one of these days. Very busy at the moment with prototyping and getting my equipment ready for cutting the hay in June, which is going to be a bear.

Thanks for the words.
    Last edited by osan; 04-25-2017 at 01:00 PM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I wish you luck and liberty!
    Thx

Can you explain to me why Marx's premise is a bad idea " From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"?

Starting a blog and a youtube channel would be a great start. You might even want to post those videos in any Lebanese Political forum.

Can you explain to me why Marx's premise is a bad idea " From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"?
    What incentive is there to work hard?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Is it a bad idea, Ibn.AL.Muqafaa? What do you think?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Because nobody can decide your needs for you especially the government and assuming that leads to breadlines and malnourishment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collec...e_Soviet_Union
    Last edited by Lamp; 04-26-2017 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Make youtube videos/make appearance in other people's youtube video, start a blog, try and write articles for regional papers etc. You have to put yourself/your ideas out there somehow and if possible, pray that a Ron Paul type politician would come around to carry the idea to the masses.
    Become the Ron Paul of your country.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Why would any country want to copy America??
    ...i do believe that's the most insightful thing i've seen from you!...good on you...we are all works in the making..

Ibn.AL.Muqafaa, thank-you for your insight...what do you know about the issuance/creation of 'the money' you use in lebanon?...who issues it? ...how is it issued/created? ...why is it issued?...etc..

...as long as any arrangements are voluntary and not government-coerced this is a beautiful philosophy for individuals to consider...

Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post
    Ibn.AL.Muqafaa, thank-you for your insight...what do you know about the issuance/creation of 'the money' you use in lebanon?...who issues it? ...how is it issued/created? ...why is it issued?...etc..
    In Lebanon we can't create money from thin air, we have rely on the gold standard.
    Our prices of basic products have increased thanks to the Fed & The Rothschilds for creating money out of air.

prof. charles murray huebner opines: 'I also would suggest dumbing down any message you want to present. A lot. Really, really a lot. The average IQ of your country is about 80. Average. None of these people can even understand the pronunciation of the word "libertarian," much less why they may want to pronounce it. I don't even know why they would. They probably wouldn't!'

...ummmm helmuth, you may find that ashkenazi jews in israel, turkey, etc., are purported to have the highest 'iq's ' ...aren't they mostly 'socialists,' fascists, racists, etc..?

...a little constructive observation: ..you'd do well to develop an honest understanding of 'money' before you pop-off too much...you're not fooling anyone knowledgeable with your ludwiggery...
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 04-29-2017 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post
    prof. charles murray huebner opines: 'I also would suggest dumbing down any message you want to present. A lot. Really, really a lot. The average IQ of your country is about 80. Average. None of these people can even understand the pronunciation of the word "libertarian," much less why they may want to pronounce it. I don't even know why they would. They probably wouldn't!'

...ummmm helmuth, you may find that ashkenazi jews in israel, turkey, etc., are purported to have the highest 'iq's ' ...aren't they mostly 'socialists,' fascists, racists, etc..?

...a little constructive observation: ..you'd do well to develop an honest understanding of 'money' before you pop-off too much...you're not fooling anyone knowledgeable with your ludwiggery...
    The problem with Lebanese people they are smart but sheeple.

Most of the time they complain about the standard of living and about the politicians.
    And during election time they vote for the same politicians depending on the religious sect the politician is, the politicians exploit the people that "if you vote for me, I will protect your sect".

But when Lebanese people , travel to the US, Canada , Western Europe, Japan , Oceania , and United Arab Emirates they overwhelmingly prosper.
    -Like Michel Obeid he discovered a cure for cancer. http://www.care2.com/news/member/930284705/593766

-And the W-motors company founded and run by Lebanese people in Lebanon, they created a super-car known as the Lykan but the Lebanese government does not legally recognize it so they moved their company to the UAE. The politicians do not want us to acheive economic growth, and if W-Motors was recognized by the Lebanese government we would've at least solved our economic crisis. http://www.wmotors.ae/company/history

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The problem with Lebanese people they are smart but sheeple.
    LOL. What do you think about the rest of the planet?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    LOL. What do you think about the rest of the planet?
    I have no opinion

I have no opinion
    You sound like Zippy.

promote popular issues, such as abolishing conscription and lowering taxes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast