Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bill O'Reilly out at Fox News

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Better check yourself, your minority privilege is showing. Or maybe you've just never worked your way up to a position of authority where it's actually a risk you are conscious of.
    I cashed my minority privilege for a ticket on the liberty train. But yea, I have never been in a position of authority where it(being hyper vigilant about women and/or minorities) is actually a risk you are conscious of. And the same goes for 99.9% of the black/white/purple men in the work force.

You

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    30 years ago. You not once in the last 30 years lost your temper?
    Screaming profanities at underlings on camera? nope. Off-camera? Nope.

From HuffPo:

“I know that there were women in the office that he would bring to tears, and I never wanted to be that woman, so I would go completely out of my way to triple-check everything so that nothing could go wrong,” said McKeown, who worked with O’Reilly when he came out West from New York City.

“He was definitely hot-tempered and he was impatient, so when I was going to be dealing with him, I was so afraid,” she added. “I never wanted to give him a reason to yell at me. Honestly, the man was very intimidating.”

McKeown remembers O’Reilly showing up in a limousine to cover the LA riots, and then getting annoyed when people in the community were in his eyeline. “There was such a lack of compassion,” she said. Another time, in San Francisco, he got upset with McKeown because there was a bee flying around his head.

“I was like, ‘I can’t control the bees...’” she said.

McKeown continued to think of the “DO IT LIVE” moment for years after O’Reilly left the show to become a right-wing star. If people ever saw the way he acted sometimes, she thought to herself.

You don't think people change in 30 years? Are you the same person you were 30 years ago and do you think you should still be judged over an incident from 30 years ago?
    O'Reilly left Inside Edition in 1995, and the video is clearly from the mid-1990s rather than the 80s, so the video is closer to 20 years old than 30. Regardless, there are multiple reports of O'Reilly's dickishness at his workplace throughout the years, and someone who is dickish throughout his career clearly hasn't learned how to treat people. The fact that multiple underlings have supported Fox News' canning of him speaks volumes: he didn't have the support of the people who made him what he was.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Screaming profanities at underlings on camera? nope. Off-camera? Nope.

O'Reilly left Inside Edition in 1995, and the video is clearly from the mid-1990s rather than the 80s, so the video is closer to 20 years old than 30. Regardless, there are multiple reports of O'Reilly's dickishness at his workplace throughout the years, and someone who is dickish throughout his career clearly hasn't learned how to treat people. The fact that multiple underlings have supported Fox News' canning of him speaks volumes: he didn't have the support of the people who made him what he was.
    Being an $#@! != sexual harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Being an $#@! != sexual harassment.
    Nope. But we know how he behaved on-camera, in front of a studio full of people: Out of control. It's certainly not hard to believe he was worse behind the scenes, as people are when they know they aren't on camera.

I was predicting Hannity had another year before they oust him but looks like they are moving on to him already. I wonder by the time they get done purging "Conservatives" will there be any national host that will have someone like Rand on.

Sean Hannity is forced to deny he sexually harassed a former Fox News contributor who claims the married primetime host made 'advances' at her and invited her back to his hotel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ntributor.html

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I cashed my minority privilege for a ticket on the liberty train. But yea, I have never been in a position of authority where it(being hyper vigilant about women and/or minorities) is actually a risk you are conscious of. And the same goes for 99.9% of the black/white/purple men in the work force.

You
    Yeah, you are not conscious of it because off your minority privilege which protects your ass. And yes, I have been in that position; and it was after many years of working my ass off and bettering myself at my own expense, that I got there.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 04-23-2017 at 11:18 PM.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe Bill & Beck can go back out on the road together and do stand up like they used to .
    Do something Danke

He is coming with a podcast right.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I have heard some of the harassment case against him and I have to say that it seems like a whole lot of nothings. Its one thing if he was told to stop and he continued to hound those gals but nothing like happened from their account. My dad was a graduate assistant when she met my mom in a class he thought, I bet with the standards for sexual harassment we have today, she could have easily filled a title IX complaint against him if he were to try that stunt today.

After watching the MSNBC news clip, I would say never talk to women in the work place. Don't even walk past one. Don't sigh, grunt, cough, laugh, compliment. Hysterical is sexist. Hmm. Thank God I am not rich. Perceived harassment. I do not like Oreily but I would never convict any person based on what those women said.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234