Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 99

Thread: Bill O'Reilly out at Fox News

  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    As a libertarian I don't think sexual harassment should even be a crime, unless it involves physical force (or the threat of force). If the working conditions are bad you can quit.
    Exactly. It's up to the owner of the company at what point he wishes to terminate the offending employee, and up to the other employees to decide if they like that work environment.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    CAUTION!! The following members openly support George Soros propaganda: CPUd, TheCount, ZippyJuan, undergroundrr, twomp

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You know I wonder why Bill Cosby got thrown under the bus but Bill Clinton gets to prance around like nothing happened.
    Because he was making waves and they needed him to shut up.




    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

  4. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    He's centrist on just about everything. And a not very learned guy with a couple of argumentative techniques that befuddle way too many interview subjects.

    He's centrist on everything only if you have a very strange view of the center. He's staunchly pro-life, anti-gay-marriage, anti-drugs, strongly religious, etc. (basically a complete social conservative). On foreign policy, he's incredibly pro-war, pro-security-state, pro defense-state, incredibly weak on civil liberties, very pro-cop. On the economy, he’s for low taxes, low regulation, strongly against Obamacare….The one position where he is a leftist is on global warming, even though he is fairly quiet on it.


    Now, of course, you can argue that all those positions aren’t conservative ones, they are centrist or liberal in nature…that’s the no true conservative fallacy. Maybe you think that real conservatives want to euthanize all gays because they are against God, or that real conservatives are incredibly pro-gay marriage because they are for personal liberty. Or you think real conservatives want no taxes at all instead of low taxes.


    That is the strange thing in that conservative/liberal/centrist mean different things to different people. I mean sure, Ron Paul is conservative against military overreach and a large security state. But you know that that is the minority (a growing one) in the conservative movement; many of them call him a libertarian. Bill O’Reilly’s positions on those various issues are seen as conservative by a strong majority (if not the vast majority) of the population. His positions align with those who politically run as conservatives (in the Republican party). To say he is not a conservative and is centrist on just about anything would mean that, what, 5% of the population is conservative?

  5. #64

    Default

    Onto his next Inside Edition, emotion driven spectacle.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people." Ron Paul

    Please watch, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report

  6. #65

    Default

    its about time that pos got the boot. i hate him!

  7. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    $$$$$

    And the stories are outlandish.
    No clue whether the accusations against O'Reilly are true or not, but I think there's a fallacy in assuming any accusation against a rich man or powerful man is a lie is a dishonest delusion. Sometimes rich and powerful people can be awful, just like poor people can. As for outlandish stories, sometimes people we don't expect do outlandish crap.

    So, again, I don't know whether Bill is innocent or not (although I think this could have been handled much, much better). I haven't watched his show in forever, to be honest. However, I am careful about slinging around opinions about false accusations when people like O'Reilly are quite capable of sexual harrassment and/or rape.

  8. #67

    Default

    What position do you think Melissa would take if she were responding nowadays?

  9. #68

    Default

    hire an escort, Bill. How hard is that to do.

  10. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    hire an escort, Bill. How hard is that to do.
    Except that men like him need to feel powerful to get a boner. Paying a hooker that's willing to sleep with you doesn't get his type off. Making someone feel like $#@!, embarrassing them, and making them fearful... we'll that's what makes his little bird stand up.

    People calling it "Outlandish".... please. Because he has money? A lot of people have money. Ron has money. Where's his accusations?

    He is a proven monster, and the fact that some on here are defending him because he's been friendly to Trump is despicable.

  11. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Because he was making waves and they needed him to shut up.
    They sat on dirt for years, question could be why now. Could OReally have been targetted now because he was not complying with NYT neocons' 2017 agenda.

    In case of Cosby, they sat on dirt for decades and dirt came out when Obama's benghazi/syria civil wars policy failed horribly ( or suceeded splendidly from another pov) and became radioactive. Happened around same time when Hollywood media's Oscars went #OscarsSoWhite.
    Some random questions with missing pieces still.




    Related

    Sexual Harassment Scandals: Fox's Bill O’Reilly paid $13 million in settlements to five women

  12. #71

    Default

    Tucker Carlson is taking his spot.

    Bye Bye Billy O. And f u2.

  13. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    Except that men like him need to feel powerful to get a boner. Paying a hooker that's willing to sleep with you doesn't get his type off. Making someone feel like $#@!, embarrassing them, and making them fearful... we'll that's what makes his little bird stand up.

    People calling it "Outlandish".... please. Because he has money? A lot of people have money. Ron has money. Where's his accusations?

    He is a proven monster, and the fact that some on here are defending him because he's been friendly to Trump is despicable.
    yea, dont doubt it for a second.

  14. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    its about time that pos got the boot. i hate him!
    he hated Ron Paul, so i dont care for Bill at all. Or anyone who resembles Lyndon B Johnson

  15. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    Except that men like him need to feel powerful to get a boner. Paying a hooker that's willing to sleep with you doesn't get his type off. Making someone feel like $#@!, embarrassing them, and making them fearful... we'll that's what makes his little bird stand up.

    People calling it "Outlandish".... please. Because he has money? A lot of people have money. Ron has money. Where's his accusations?

    He is a proven monster, and the fact that some on here are defending him because he's been friendly to Trump is despicable.
    Have you even bothered to listen to some of these women? Complimenting a woman in the office or asking her out at diner outside the office is not sexual harassment nor does it make a person a predator. Especially when he continued to promote her book and have her on the show. Another claims he called me "hysterical" which he told her he would say the same to a man based on her response. That is sexual harassment now, are you f*cking kidding me.

    If these accusations were sexual harassment then more than half the men in this country would be put out of a job. Will we have to keep our phones on record every time we talk to a woman in the office to protect ourselves from false accusations now? Since that is where we are headed if they are going to make this garbage go mainstream. These absurd accusations diminish what women suffer from real predators and sexual harassment.

    This is one of those times where I believe it is necessary to defend those we sometimes disagree with before it comes back to haunt us. By giving them and these Progressive think tanks that are behind it cover for their despicable actions, it will come back to bite us. The fact they took him down without objection I can guarantee you at some point they will do the same to Rand, Amash and other liberty candidates.
    Last edited by kahless; 04-21-2017 at 10:53 PM.

  16. #75

    Default

    After reading some of the alleged "atrocities" that got Billo run off, I'm not inclined to defend him, but just make an observation that an injustice was done.

    His mistake?

    Not taking heed:



    No $#@! lady...

    "Don't Mess With Women"



    I'd give young men the same advice I give to people with regard to cops, when discussing women in the workforce.

    Avoid them like the $#@!ing plague.

    Keep your dick in your pants, your hands to yourself, your mouth shut and avoid any interaction as much as work requirements will allow.

  17. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    If these accusations were sexual harassment then more than half the men in this country would be put out of a job. Will we have to keep our phones on record every time we talk to a woman in the office to protect ourselves from false accusations now? Since that is where we are headed if they are going to make this garbage go mainstream. These absurd accusations diminish what women suffer from real predators and sexual harassment.
    You're not doing this already?

    My "office" is under 24/7 video and audio surveillance and I make damn sure any "official" business regarding personnel, especially women or "minorities' is conducted under the watchful eyes of Big Brother.

    You better get with the program pal.

  18. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    Except that men like him need to feel powerful to get a boner. Paying a hooker that's willing to sleep with you doesn't get his type off. Making someone feel like $#@!, embarrassing them, and making them fearful... we'll that's what makes his little bird stand up.

    People calling it "Outlandish".... please. Because he has money? A lot of people have money. Ron has money. Where's his accusations?

    He is a proven monster, and the fact that some on here are defending him because he's been friendly to Trump is despicable.
    In contrast, I would think that most of the foxy babes that work on that network get wet easily and are not very picky.

  19. #78

    Default

    "He's centrist on everything only if you have a very strange view of the center. He's staunchly pro-life, anti-gay-marriage, anti-drugs, strongly religious, etc. (basically a complete social conservative). On foreign policy, he's incredibly pro-war, pro-security-state, pro defense-state, incredibly weak on civil liberties, very pro-cop. On the economy, he’s for low taxes, low regulation, strongly against Obamacare….The one position where he is a leftist is on global warming, even though he is fairly quiet on it..."

    ...yup..and he, like the rest of them, is a monetary ignoramus/bankster shill/puppet...NEVER in all his stinking vomitous 'media hours' has he ever $hined an hone$t light....shill o'lielly has alway been a stinking shill/apparatchik favoring the goddamned fool 'conservative republicans' and, of course, the banksters...ugh...stinking republicrats...


    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 04-22-2017 at 06:38 AM.

  20. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Well, O'Reilly sets the bar pretty low. 
    Yep. We all know he treated his staff like $#@!, even on camera, and even before he got his own show. The idea that he wouldn't treat female staffers like $#@! in private is ridiculous.

    Glad that neocon piece of crap is gone, but of course they'll just replace him with another neocon.

  21. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.No. View Post
    On the economy, he’s for low taxes, low regulation, strongly against Obamacare….The one position where he is a leftist is on global warming, even though he is fairly quiet on it.

    I would describe him as an across the board John McCain Republican. I don't think of McCain as being right wing.

    On economic issues, he isn't a Marxist but.. He supports raising the minimum wage and has supported price controls. I remember an episode with Stossel where he was blaming speculators for driving up the price of oil. Curiously when oil dropped by 60%, he didn't blame speculators for making gas too cheap. He was kind of bad on affirmative action and price gouging laws. He isn't Maxine Waters but he isn't a free market guy.

  22. #81

    Default

    I have heard some of the harassment case against him and I have to say that it seems like a whole lot of nothings. Its one thing if he was told to stop and he continued to hound those gals but nothing like happened from their account. My dad was a graduate assistant when she met my mom in a class he thought, I bet with the standards for sexual harassment we have today, she could have easily filled a title IX complaint against him if he were to try that stunt today.

    Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all. Geralt of Rivia

    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.

  23. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Yep. We all know he treated his staff like $#@!, even on camera, and even before he got his own show. The idea that he wouldn't treat female staffers like $#@! in private is ridiculous.

    Glad that neocon piece of crap is gone, but of course they'll just replace him with another neocon.
    You might be right about how he treated his staff and I always get a kick out of that video, but do you think you should still be judged or have not changed from an incident that occurred 30 years ago? Does being an $#@! at work now make one a sexual predator, sexual harasser and you should lose your job for it?

    Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Glad that neocon piece of crap is gone, but of course they'll just replace him with another neocon
    They replaced him with Tucker and from what I have seen so far he does not appear to be towing the Neocon line.

  24. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You're not doing this already?

    My "office" is under 24/7 video and audio surveillance and I make damn sure any "official" business regarding personnel, especially women or "minorities' is conducted under the watchful eyes of Big Brother.

    You better get with the program pal.
    Even when I think back 20-30 years ago, after seeing some of the bs accusations against some of my colleagues I made sure meetings with women were always held in one of the all glass conference rooms with the doors open. If a woman came in my office and closed the door, I would open it and walk outside the office to continue the discussion. Now that was back then.

    The amount of work that needs to be done to watch your back with women and minorities is counter productive. They get a free pass for misconduct far more than white males. Even some who commit wildly blatant misconduct level some sort of accusation when written up or terminated. Just when you think it cannot get any worse I listen to some of these women on Lawrence O'ODonnell, wtf.

    Some are such hypocrites. They want to be treated like men in the office but once you do you get accused. While at the same time some of these women are far more obnoxious and insulting compared to their male counterparts. You have the type that act like the female version of Bill O in that old video from years ago, but God forbid you raise your voice at even a slightly higher level to them.

  25. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Even when I think back 20-30 years ago, after seeing some of the bs accusations against some of my colleagues I made sure meetings with women were always held in one of the all glass conference rooms with the doors open. If a woman came in my office and closed the door, I would open it and walk outside the office to continue the discussion. Now that was back then.

    The amount of work that needs to be done to watch your back with women and minorities is counter productive. They get a free pass for misconduct far more than white males. Even some who commit wildly blatant misconduct level some sort of accusation when written up or terminated. Just when you think it cannot get any worse I listen to some of these women on Lawrence O'ODonnell, wtf.

    Some are such hypocrites. They want to be treated like men in the office but once you do you get accused. While at the same time some of these women are far more obnoxious and insulting compared to their male counterparts. You have the type that act like the female version of Bill O in that old video from years ago, but God forbid you raise your voice at even a slightly higher level to them.
    Wow, after listening to you and AF, it must be really horrible being a white male in the modern work place. You guys are constantly vigilant against threats from those dastardly women and minorities and your efforts to protect yourself by having meetings with them in open areas are actually counterproductive, if you can believe that.

    I guess the victim olympic medal tally came out and it seems that you guys are now on top. It must suck to be you
    Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all. Geralt of Rivia

    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.

  26. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Wow, after listening to you and AF, it must be really horrible being a white male in the modern work place. You guys are constantly vigilant against threats from those dastardly women and minorities and your efforts to protect yourself by having meetings with them in open areas are actually counterproductive, if you can believe that.

    I guess the victim olympic medal tally came out and it seems that you guys are now on top. It must suck to be you
    Have you not learned anything here over the years to what happens when any law or government entity is provided elevated status over another group of individuals?

    Vigilant against threats in general since that is the nature of business and this world. The fact of life is it happens more so with women and minorities since the government given elevated status. Whereas white males not of any protected group do not have the power to hit back for their failures and game the system with a pay out. There were no generalizations made, it is risk management.

    There are people in general regardless of race or gender that will always blame everyone else for their failures or lot in life. Some have also been wronged by others or the system itself, but not their employer. In the workplace however these same people use the government given opportunity to make some money from those excuses against those who are innocent of any wrong doing. They will however justify it otherwise to themselves no matter who they hurt since our laws and Progtard culture says they are the victim so they feel they have a license to blame those whom are innocent.

    This regardless that the employer is color and gender blind, gave them work, gave them repeated chances to do their work, given them a repeated helping hand, have had them in our homes, with our families and considered them friends. Nope, the government given dollar signs are there, it is never their fault and culturally it being drilled into their head that they are always the victim. You could be Mother Theresa to some people but it does not matter with some people.

    Yes it does suck.

  27. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Wow, after listening to you and AF, it must be really horrible being a white male in the modern work place. You guys are constantly vigilant against threats from those dastardly women and minorities and your efforts to protect yourself by having meetings with them in open areas are actually counterproductive, if you can believe that.

    I guess the victim olympic medal tally came out and it seems that you guys are now on top. It must suck to be you
    Better check yourself, your minority privilege is showing. Or maybe you've just never worked your way up to a position of authority where it's actually a risk you are conscious of.

  28. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I would describe him as an across the board John McCain Republican. I don't think of McCain as being right wing.

    On economic issues, he isn't a Marxist but.. He supports raising the minimum wage and has supported price controls. I remember an episode with Stossel where he was blaming speculators for driving up the price of oil. Curiously when oil dropped by 60%, he didn't blame speculators for making gas too cheap. He was kind of bad on affirmative action and price gouging laws. He isn't Maxine Waters but he isn't a free market guy.
    That is only the case if you define "free market" guy as someone close to Ron Paul. On a relative basis, Bill O'Reilly is very pro-free market, wanting low taxes, free trade (although he has gone back and forth on it), etc. He's vituperative on regulation and government involvement and is critical of the judicial system (go figure). He can be populist on certain issues like immigration (where the free market position is pro-immigration) and he's had an anti-oil slant ever since BP tried to weasel out of paying for the BP spill (and IMO, O'Reilly sensed the populist anger towards BP and tapped into it). True, he can be critical of Wall Street, but so is Ron Paul (ie, "they deserve taxation"), to the point where both smear Wall Street unfairly (while wanting to hold them accountable when they defraud people).

    Plus, economics is only part of the picture. On foreign policy and cultural issues, you may deem him as "not right-wing", but his positions have traditionally been associated with the right-wing, and a strong part of people who consider themselves right-wing hold those positions.

  29. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    You might be right about how he treated his staff and I always get a kick out of that video, but do you think you should still be judged or have not changed from an incident that occurred 30 years ago? Does being an $#@! at work now make one a sexual predator, sexual harasser and you should lose your job for it?
    I think the video clearly shows someone out of control who doesn't treat those under him with any respect. Someone who is unable to identify with subordinates or read a room. Someone who can't even keep his cool on camera, let alone behind the scenes. Someone who is used to getting his own way, and who will do anything to make himself feel powerful or take control. Multiple women found his conduct inappropriate, and yes, he should have lost his job, and no, he should not have received a $25 million golden parachute.


    They replaced him with Tucker and from what I have seen so far he does not appear to be towing the Neocon line.
    Yet. It may take a while for that to happen. But the Neocons won't let this opportunity to pass.

  30. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    My dad was a graduate assistant when she met my mom in a class he thought
    ESP 101?

    Just kidding. That was an epic typo.

    Your point about what was once acceptable now being Title IX violations is very valid. It's gone overboard. Don't get me started on VAWA and what my workplace makes me do.

  31. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    I think the video clearly shows someone out of control who doesn't treat those under him with any respect. Someone who is unable to identify with subordinates or read a room. Someone who can't even keep his cool on camera, let alone behind the scenes. Someone who is used to getting his own way, and who will do anything to make himself feel powerful or take control.
    30 years ago. You not once in the last 30 years lost your temper? You don't think people change in 30 years? Are you the same person you were 30 years ago and do you think you should still be judged over an incident from 30 years ago? I am not saying it is right but big deal if someone loses their cool when things go massively wrong. It is amazing this country has not come to a grinding halt with this overly sensitive snowflake generation.

    Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Multiple women found his conduct inappropriate, and yes, he should have lost his job, and no, he should not have received a $25 million golden parachute.
    Mostly gold diggers, people trying to make a name for themselves and/or do not have a clue what real sexual harassment really is.

    Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Yet. It may take a while for that to happen. But the Neocons won't let this opportunity to pass.
    No doubt and if he does not play ball he is gone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-18-2015, 07:39 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2015, 01:07 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-27-2015, 01:02 AM
  4. ABC News: U.S. Troops burn Bill O'Reilly's books
    By bobbyw24 in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 10:19 AM
  5. Hot news tip for Bill O'Reilly
    By Richard in Austin in forum Phone & On-line Action
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 09:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •