Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill O'Reilly out at Fox News

Bill O'Reilly out at Fox News

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/19/medi...ews/index.html

"Bill O'Reilly is done at Fox News, its parent company 21st Century Fox said Wednesday.
    "After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O'Reilly have agreed that Bill O'Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel," the company said in a statement.

O'Reilly was notified Wednesday that his run at Fox News would be coming to an end, according to a source with knowledge of the proceedings.

O'Reilly's departure was precipitated by a New York Times report earlier this month that O'Reilly, Fox and 21st Century Fox had reached settlements totaling $13 million with five women who had accused O'Reilly of sexual harassment or verbal abuse. In the wake of the Times' report, at least 60 advertisers told Fox to remove their commercials from "The O'Reilly Factor.""

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. So long, shill!
    Last edited by rpfocus; 04-19-2017 at 02:01 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess we'll only get to see Alec Baldwin interview himself once. That's s shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Adios, mofo.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Long overdue. I would have put O'Reilly up there with Keith Olbermann as the two most-arrogant TV media personas deserving of being canned.

I wish I was a major advertiser though. It'd be nice to call up an MSM outlet from time to time and tell them to cut the bull$#@! or else. The most I can manage is to cut cable TV and as far as I can tell, they haven't even flinched, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

The spin stops there and he is looking out for you!

I'm pretty happy Tucker Carlson is taking his spot, and I'm not sad to see Bill O go.. but it's too bad that some bull$#@! fraudulent claims of sexual harassment are what did him in.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

i guess bill-o and Roger Ailes could double date .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good. I'm so tired of him. I'm tired of Fox in general. Nothing new, just warmed over mainstream garbage and non-news.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

They should have done it live
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

And now for the talking points memo...

Can we get Lawrence O'Donnell to go away also?

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Who?
    Beat me to it.

Taken down by Progressive organizations with what looks to be really out there false accusations. Whether you love or hate him this is very bad for the Conservatives and white males in general.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Taken down by Progressive organizations with what looks to be really out there false accusations. Whether you love or hate him this is very bad for the Conservatives and white males in general.
    O'Reilly is not even close to being conservative. And I'm struggling to see how my situation as a white male has worsened. Do the Bill Cosby allegations make bad days for African-American males?

...good riddance you sack of $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    O'Reilly is not even close to being conservative. And I'm struggling to see how my situation as a white male has worsened. Do the Bill Cosby allegations make bad days for African-American males?
    His real political positions do not matter. The MSM has sold him and FOXNews to the people as the patriarchal voice of Conservatism and by large the people seem to agree with that. They gave him by far the highest rated news show for the last 20+ years and it made unprecedented amount of money for FOXNews/News corp.

Yet for the first time a few radical Progressive organizations that have some pretty far out feminist views were able to take even O'Reilly down with bogus accusations. A man who appeared to be untouchable.

By caving in they just gave those organizations and their message a tremendous amount of power. They will use it to silence anyone on the right they disagree with and it could significantly move the overton window in the direction of these people that have some really far out views.

This could potentially indirectly effect liberty candidates and males in the work place by women looking for a pay off.
    Last edited by kahless; 04-19-2017 at 09:05 PM.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

What's Fox News?
    “…I believe that at this point in history, the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life comes from the reasonable fear of omniscient State powers kept in check by nothing more than policy documents.”

It doesn't matter, he is viewed as conservative and so the leftists took him out using baseless lies.

Like I said, I won't miss him even for a single second, this is a great move - Fox should have done it on their own. But the fact that he was taken out using baseless accusations and lies is bad for everybody, not just white men.

When women lie about rape too often, then rape accusations become less believable. That is bad for WOMEN.

Do you think the Cosby allegations were false?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by DGambler View Post
    What's Fox News?
    The Democratic Party's controlled opposition?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ah yes, the no-true-conservative fallacy...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Of course good for you since it gives you all the power. People will have to remember if they work with you to never refer to you as a "hot vanilla sundae" or be alone in the same room with you.

O'Reilly is an idiot if he didn't see this coming. It is 2017, for crying out loud. If he didn't understand about harrassment in the workplace by now, he is too stupid to be in the media.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Of course good for you since it gives you all the power.

WTF are you talking about? It gives me all the power?

People will have to remember if they work with you to never refer to you as a "hot vanilla sundae" or be alone in the same room with you.

Oh, please. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It doesn't matter, he is viewed as conservative and so the leftists took him out using baseless lies.

Like I said, I won't miss him even for a single second, this is a great move - Fox should have done it on their own. But the fact that he was taken out using baseless accusations and lies is bad for everybody, not just white men.

When women lie about rape too often, then rape accusations become less believable. That is bad for WOMEN.
    Exactly. They should have just not renewed his contract or settled it behind the scenes, then let him say his goodbye into retirement. There was no need to do this the way they handled it. It even looks as if they knew these bogus allegations were going to come out when they renewed his contract with the new clause in it a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by kahless; 04-19-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Do you think the Cosby allegations were false?
    I have no idea. But neither the allegations nor any acquittal, conviction, or mistrial would cause me to view the population of black men any differently. And I appreciate your comment that false accusations affect anyone badly, not just persons of a certain race. If I may add, I don't believe that bouncing a phony right cover media "conservative" hurts the conservative movement. It just cleans it up a bit.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast