Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: House Seat Up For Grabs in GA, Polls Close 7pm EST

House Seat Up For Grabs in GA, Polls Close 7pm EST

CD6 has been a safe GOP seat for decades, but the latest polls have the democrat in the lead, though under 50%, which would mean a run-off.

...should give us a bit of a preview of 2018.

Live results
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 04-18-2017 at 04:36 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It will be very hard for Ossoff to break 50%
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    It will be very hard for Ossoff to break 50%
    I expect he'll be around 45% and then lose narrowly in the run-off.

A close loss is still bad news for the GOP given how red this seat ought to be.

If he actually wins, it's a big canary in the coalmine.

I think this was Newt's seat at one time.

Ossoff is polling 20+ over the other candidates mainly due to:
    - Tom Price and the TrumpCare fail
    - DCCC dumping $8M into his campaign
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Apparently the early voting (which will come in first) is expected to be heavily Democratic.

More than 60% would indicate a good chance for the Dem to win.

I think this was Newt's seat at one time.

Ossoff is polling 20+ over the other candidates mainly due to:
    - Tom Price and the TrumpCare fail
    - DCCC dumping $8M into his campaign
    It was Newt's seat and the Dem's did dump a lot of money in that race. It really was the perfect GA district for a libertarian but...oh, well.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ghlight=Ossoff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    It really was the perfect GA district for a libertarian but...oh, well.
    Article on that by a Johnson-Weld guy:

http://www.businessinsider.com/georg...ndidate-2017-4

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    It was Newt's seat and the Dem's did dump a lot of money in that race. It really was the perfect GA district for a libertarian but...oh, well.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ghlight=Ossoff
    This guy considered running:

https://www.facebook.com/chasethehou...64217177190717

First results should be coming out imminently...

early vote:

Results so far are entirely from Dekalb County, the most corrupt, liberal cesspool in Georgia. The rest of the district will be solidly against Ossoff.

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/statu...70602295574528

Just early voting at this point, but Ossoff's 14% ahead of Hillary in DeKalb.

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/statu...70602295574528
    LOL at the Trumptard tweeting photos in that feed

If Ossoff wins, it'll be largely because of that kind of stuff.

Reminds me of "China Jon" (but real).

Early vote now in for Cobb County, 57% (Hillary had 40% there).

Total district-wide so far is 63.4% for the Dem.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fulton County early voting, 61% for Ossoff (Hillary 46%)

62% district-wide

I'd say it's going to be close.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Early vote now in for Cobb County, 57% (Hillary had 40% there).

Total district-wide so far is 63.4% for the Dem.
    I believe Hillary won the early vote in Cobb County too. Don't worry about it.

This will decide future dem strategy . They went All In on this . If it works expect more .
    Do something Danke

Turnout so far is higher than expected

Just early voting at this point, but Ossoff's 14% ahead of Hillary in DeKalb.
    With 14% of Dekalb precincts reporting, Ossoff still up 9.5 points over Hillary.

With 14% of Dekalb precincts reporting, Ossoff still up 9.5 points over Hillary.
    Obviously that margin will keep narrowing though as the election day vote becomes a higher percentage of the total.

https://twitter.com/LakeChip/status/854494612517523457

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Obviously that margin will keep narrowing though as the election day vote becomes a higher percentage of the total.
    To some extent. We'll see.

https://twitter.com/LakeChip/status/854494612517523457
    Not a chance of that happening. Extreme wishful thinking.

Precincts are starting to come in now:

20% reporting district-wide, Ossoff still at 56.7%

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast