Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why picking up your dog's poop could get you justifiably shot

Why picking up your dog's poop could get you justifiably shot

I am writing this post to show the complete fallacy of the latest ridiculous excuse for the inexcusable actions of a certain orange colored fellow that I refuse (for now) to dignify by name.

The excuse comes in the form of an analogy. "It is not trespassing to go on your neighbor's yard to pick up your dog's poop." The idea is that since you are "helping" your neighbor fix a problem you caused, then it's okay. Well no. It's not okay. It's only okay as long as your neighbor says it's okay. Now most neighbors, being neighborly people, don't mind you going on their yard to pick up dog poop. In fact most neighbors, being neighborly, don't mind you taking brief detours on their property for a variety of reasons. Say if your dog needs to pee? Most neighbors, being neighborly, don't mind you letting your dog on their year to pee. But say if you and your neighbor have bad relations? If you are coming on his yard to get up dog poop and he says "Get the hell off my yard" and you say "But I'm just getting up dog poop. I'm being helpful" and he says "I don't care. Get off my yard." Guess what you have a legal and moral obligation to do? Get off his yard!

Now, why might a neighbor rather you just stay off his yard even if it means you don't clean up your own mess? Could be a variety of reasons. Maybe the last time you pick up poop off of a neighbors yard, you made a bigger mess than if you had just let the rain take care of the poop. Maybe he has a dog too and last time his dog ran at you and growled and in self defense you shot and killed his dog, so he'd rather you just stay the hell away. Maybe he's already paid his son to go out there and get up all the dog poop and you're just messing up his chance to teach his son responsibility by doing his son's job for him. Maybe the last time you, or someone else, came on his yard to "pick up dog poop", you, or that other person, used it as an opportunity to be a peeping Tom and look at his wife of daughter through her bedroom window. Or...maybe your neighbor is just an ass. But he has a right to be an ass, especially on his own property.

So no. The U.S. does not have a right to go into Syria without Syria's permission to "pick up the poop" of ISIS. This is especially true since Syria, Russia and Iran already had ISIS on the run before Trump took office. All we have to do is to stay the hell out of Syria, help the Iraqis fight ISIS in Iraq...for as long as Iraq gives us permission, offer assistance to Egypt and Libya in fighting ISIS if they want it, quit freaking funding rebel groups that have common cause with ISIS, which includes all rebel groups in Syria because they all want Assad gone and that, by definition, is a "common cause", and yes that includes the Kurds, and the problem will go away just like dog poop eventually gets taken care of by the rain and flies and sun and whatever else helps disintegrate dog poop.

Really folks, this ain't rocket science. This is libertarianism 101. You do not have the right to "help" someone who doesn't want your help even if you caused the problem. Somebody had a GIF of Uncle Sam carrying a cardboard cut out labeled "ISIS", standing it in front of Syria, shooting up Syria, then carrying away the undamaged cardboard cutout. I can't find it but it's appropriate for this thread.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

orange team member danno: "...jmdrake said Syria doesn't want us there rooting out ISIS, picking up our dog poop, I have a strong disagreement there.."

...jm drake, danno's goddamned militarists, interventionists, etc. assorted criminals, have sown dragon's poop all over the planet....bing bang boom...justification to do whatever wherever whenever however to whomever 'they' want.....

...apparently the HIDEOUSNESS of republicrat foreign polic(e)y is foreign to orange danno...either that or danno is a hopeless republican radio parrot...or a leg-puller...or a bot...or a sot..or smoking paraquat pot...
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 04-18-2017 at 05:20 AM.

It has been my experience that our government doesn't so much "pick up poop" as it "spreads it all over the $#@!ing place!"

Hell, we can't even "pick up the poop" in our own country! We can't even "pick up the poop" in our prisons and the government has 100% control there! Does anyone seriously expect that our government, noble geniuses that they may be, can really fix the problems they caused by adding more government?! This takes a special kind of stupid.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    It has been my experience that our government doesn't so much "pick up poop" as it "spreads it all over the $#@!ing place!"

Hell, we can't even "pick up the poop" in our own country! We can't even "pick up the poop" in our prisons and the government has 100% control there! Does anyone seriously expect that our government, noble geniuses that they may be, can really fix the problems they caused by adding more government?! This takes a special kind of stupid.
    Bingo!

Lol, it's the Big Poop Theory. When you're on Team Orange the rules don't apply.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 04-18-2017 at 05:45 AM.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Lol, it's the Big Poop Theory. When you're on Team Orange the rules don't apply.
    My $#@! don't stink.......

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    My $#@! don't stink.......
    Then I guess your neighbor won't mind if you drop a big steaming pile on his front lawn.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Then I guess your neighbor won't mind if you drop a big steaming pile on his front lawn.
    I'd rightfully get my old ass peppered if he caught my taking a dump in his pasture let alone his yard.....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Really folks, this ain't rocket science. This is libertarianism 101. You do not have the right to "help" someone who doesn't want your help even if you caused the problem. Somebody had a GIF of Uncle Sam carrying a cardboard cut out labeled "ISIS", standing it in front of Syria, shooting up Syria, then carrying away the undamaged cardboard cutout. I can't find it but it's appropriate for this thread.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Spot on. It would almost be funny if the results weren't so damn depressing.
    No - No - No - No

my neighbors let their dogs roam around, and some of those dogs poop in my yard. One day i told my neighbor not to worry about their dog $#@!ting on my yard as i pour bacon fat on the turds and that their dog eats their own poop....i get funny looks when i say that....dog poop in my yard has decreased quite significantly.

Bingo!
    You and CaptUSA might want to do some research before you embarrass yourselves again.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

Bingo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    You and CaptUSA might want to do some research before you embarrass yourselves again.
    'Splain yourself....

What exactly has government ever fixed with more government?

I still say your premise is wrong - Assad would welcome our help in getting rid of ISIS. So your argument fails.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    The Uncle Sam dude is deep state.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Assad would "welcome" U.S. troops to Syria, on his terms

February 10, 2017, 9:17 AM

Syria’s President Bashar Assad says he would welcome U.S. troops into his country to help fight ISIS militants “without any hesitation” if the Trump administration espouses a “clear political stance, not only with regards to (the fight against) terrorism, but also about Syria’s sovereignty and unity.”

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bashar-assad-trump-welcome-us-troops-isis-sovereignty-respected/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I still say your premise is wrong - Assad would welcome our help in getting rid of ISIS. So your argument fails.
    Right, Assad wants the country that's been trying to kill him and take over his government to come in and get rid of the "rebel" group they control.

Show Assad actually saying that and then you may have an argument; until then, YOU fail.
    There is no spoon.

My argument "fails" because you have drunk the orange koolaid. There is no evidence that Assad wants us in Syria to help us get rid of ISIS, especially since he knows that we want to get rid of him. Seriously, you are not as stupid as you are pretending to be. To use your argument, you have tried to kill your neighbor before, he has a restraining order on you, but you think he wants you to go on his property to pick up your dog's poop even though he has never said that.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

Show Assad actually saying that and then you may have an argument; until then, YOU fail.
    Right above you buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    My argument "fails" because you have drunk the orange koolaid. There is no evidence that Assad wants us in Syria to help us get rid of ISIS, especially since he knows that we want to get rid of him. Seriously, you are not as stupid as you are pretending to be. To use your argument, you have tried to kill your neighbor before, he has a restraining order on you, but you think he wants you to go on his property to pick up your dog's poop even though he has never said that.
    In the words of JamesIV

Staahp embarassing yourself

Right above you buddy.
    Not even.

Syria’s President Bashar Assad says he would welcome U.S. troops into his country to help fight ISIS militants “without any hesitation” if the Trump administration espouses a “clear political stance, not only with regards to (the fight against) terrorism, but also about Syria’s sovereignty and unity.”

“You could not talk about sending troops if you’re not honest, or if you do not have a clear political stance,” the Syrian dictator said in an interview with Yahoo News that was published Friday. “We welcome them as well, just as we welcome any other country that wants to fight the terrorists and defeat them.”
    Trump has already killed Syrians for his own ego and blamed Assad for the chemical BS. There ain't no way Trump will "espouse a clear political stance also about Syria’s sovereignty and unity".
    There is no spoon.

Not even.

Trump has already killed Syrians for his own ego and blamed Assad for the chemical BS. There ain't no way Trump will "espouse a clear political stance also about Syria’s sovereignty and unity".
    Listen to what I said.

I said, very clearly, that Assad would be ok with us being in Syria if we were attacking ISIS, aka picking up our dog's poop. jmdrake made an entire thread about how Assad would not be ok with us there if we were attacking ISIS, aka picking up our dog's poop. I didn't say Assad would be ok with us being in Syria if we were attacking Assad, aka putting a bag of dog poop on your neighbor's porch and lighting it on fire. That wasn't part of the analogy.

Now stop moving the goalposts.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bashar-assad-trump-welcome-us-troops-isis-sovereignty-respected/

fakenews deep state soros propaganda.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Assad would welcome our help in getting rid of ISIS.

Without hesitation. Crystal. Clear.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ok,,

but am I still a domestic terrorist if I have Poop bags in my pocket?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Ok,,

but am I still a domestic terrorist if I have Poop bags in my pocket?
    Is your dog registered with the county?

Is your dog registered with the county?
    I plead the 5th.

Why do you ask? and does it matter?

edit;
    and why would that matter?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I plead the 5th.

Why do you ask? and does it matter?
    Terrorists tend not to register their animals.

Maybe Assads just sayin that to keep the US off his ass.
    You know if trump has secret plans and hides his true hand
    Why wouldn't Assad?or is trump the only one that does this?

BTW you just let me know when Assad gives them permission...

(When he says he wants ground troops in Syria.You're gonna have to get boots on the ground to get the poop up I think...

Right, Assad wants the country that's been trying to kill him and take over his government to come in and get rid of the "rebel" group they control.

Once you drink the orange Kool-Aid it's hard to come back from that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast