Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Trump Lost Control Of The Pentagon?

Has Trump Lost Control Of The Pentagon?

If this is true, then the deep state has won:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ntrol-pentagon

wtf. This is bad.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post

wtf. This is bad.
    "Lost control"??

He just gave them "total authorization". http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-authorization

He isn't "losing" control - he gave it to them! You Trump guys still don't get how you've been cucked! You bought the con of what you wanted Trump to be; not what he really is. Too bad for you. You're going to have a long couple of years trying to reconcile all of this in your head.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    "Lost control"??

He just gave them "total authorization". http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-authorization

He isn't "losing" control - he gave it to them! You Trump guys still don't get how you've been cucked! You bought the con of what you wanted Trump to be; not what he really is. Too bad for you. You're going to have a long couple of years trying to reconcile all of this in your head.
    ^This. I wish @openfire and other Trump supporters like @dannno would stop and think about why the book "The Art of the Deal" was written. It was written about making sales. Trump is a salesman. He's always been that. There's nothing wrong with that. We need salesman in order to have a vibrant economy. But nobody stopped and asked the question "What is Trump really selling" when he got into politics. People assumed that Trump had the same core values they had. If he didn't, why would he take such "politically incorrect" positions? It's simple. Political correctness is relative. To teocons, being anti immigrant is politically correct. To libertarians/Ron Paul voters, being against the Iraq war "from the beginning" is politically correct. To both sides being against NAFTA and the TPP is politically correct. Trump told people what they wanted to hear. That's always a recipe for winning. And, above all else, Trump likes to win.

Seriously, the vast majority of Americans, especially republican voters, likes the sound of "Getting the politicians out of the way and letting the generals win the war." Supposedly we lost Vietnam because "The politicians wouldn't let the generals win the war." We've been screwing around in Afghanistan for over a decade now. We got out of Iraq because Obama actually kept a promise that Bush made, but now we're back in. Nobody wants to consider the possibility that both countries reached an "as good as it gets" stage years ago and that the entire region would be better off if we just left it alone. So Trump will keep doing what he rightly realizes most of his base craves which is "winning" the wars. But the problem is that ultimately these wars aren't winnable. Not based on any real definition of winning. There is no greater oxymoron than a "humanitarian war."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Anybody who doesn't support Trump is letting the terrorists win.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Anybody who doesn't support Trump is letting the terrorists win.
    I thought it was the globalists.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I thought it was the globalists.
    Them too!

And the swamp creatures, can't forget them.........

If so, is anyone really surprised?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    If so, is anyone really surprised?
    Apparently the OP is.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I think Trump has given the Military Industrial Complex the keys and he is riding in the back seat.
    These guys at least have a plan. /s

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I think Trump has given the Military Industrial Complex the keys and he is riding in the back seat.
    Pretty much. He is all about "empowering" cops and generals to create law and order.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Also the whole "war with the deep state" is fake news, according to President Donald.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post

wtf. This is bad.
    Take some deep breathes and meditate.. I always like that website but a lot of people who disagree with Trump's individual actions tend to adopt deep state narratives to some degree or another.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Take some deep breathes and meditate.. I always like that website but a lot of people who disagree with Trump's individual actions tend to adopt deep state narratives to some degree or another.
    I'm thinking of a new word for you, Dannno... How about, "Hypno-Trumped"?!

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

I'm thinking of a new word for you, Dannno... How about, "Hypno-Trumped"?!
    I would prefer that to being hypnotized to the mainstream media narratives like you are.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would prefer that to being hypnotized to the mainstream media narratives like you are.
    dannno, how much of why the $#@! has the president given all war powers to the generals instead of back to congress, do you not understand?
    There is no spoon.

Sorry, Dannno. I'm not following any "narratives". I use a few basic axioms: Is government getting bigger or smaller? Are we getting more involved in overseas conflicts or less? Are we spending more of my grandchildren's money or less?

Trump's actions do not surprise me. This is what I expected him to do. I don't have to make up fancy excuses or strained reasoning for him. He is what he is. A high-stakes conman who uses people's fantasies for his own power.

Sorry, Dannno. I'm not following any "narratives". I use a few basic axioms: Is government getting bigger or smaller? Are we getting more involved in overseas conflicts or less? Are we spending more of my grandchildren's money or less?
    Well clearly you missed my post on the State of Trump Address, because he is actually doing a fantastic job so far if you read past the mainstream media lies. Check it out:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Trump-Address

Trump is making government smaller and we are less involved in boondoggle wars. Did you know he passed the EO saying that we have to repeal two regulations in order to pass one?

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    dannno, how much of why the $#@! has the president given all war powers to the generals instead of back to congress, do you not understand?
    With the directive to defeat ISIS, as opposed to helping them... They have not been given the directive to attack any sovereign countries.

Did you know he passed the EO saying that we have to repeal two regulations in order to pass one?
    Yes. And I said it was a good start (although meaningless, since "regulations" aren't always enumerated)

Did you see the one where he authorized hiring 10,000 more federal agents?! Awesome!

With the directive to defeat ISIS, as opposed to helping them... They have not been given the directive to attack any sovereign countries.
    FWIW, Yemen and Syria are both sovereign countries.

Even so, are you really ascared of ISIS? Seems to me, and any rational person, the response is completely disproportionate to the threat.

Is that why trump ok'd an attack on Syria's military?
    No - No - No - No

Even so, are you really ascared of ISIS? Seems to me, and any rational person, the response is completely disproportionate to the threat.
    Oh come on man!

A buncha Brownies in mud huts are absolutely worth 17 gazillion dollars of military might to set 'em straight....

Especially without a declaration of war........

What better way to care for the MIC's children?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Is that why trump ok'd an attack on Syria's military?
    Right, besides the 15 minute attack on the empty airbase for allegedly using sarin gas against civilians..

Would you prefer a military boondoggle, regime change and nation building to a 15 minute attack on an empty airbase?

While I do not support intervention, the sad fact is that we are in a bad situation for which receding may not prove a viable solution.

Somebody created ISIS, etc. May have been "us" (horse-$#@! use of the set in question, but nobody seems willing to abandon it), may have been "globalists"... who in hell can say, without a list of verified names? This is one way in which Theye can so effectively deflect attention from themselves. The "U.S." created ISIS. Bull$#@!. I am the USA, yet had nothing to do with ISIS' creation. Methinks you get the point?

I don't suppose we owe anyone in the middle east anything, but from a strictly practical standpoint we are perhaps behooved to consider the broader implications of leaving ISIS alone. Will it die on the vine? Not if Theye continue to pump billions into the cause, perhaps with the aim of growing them such that they are then able to mount a credible offensive against America. All very speculative, I grant you, but very plausible as well.

The question is whether pulling out will hurt us more in the long run. The fact is, we're painted into what is likely a very bad corner. Just turning our backs to an ISIS that continues to receive major funding runs the risk of it consolidating power throughout the middle east, getting hands on not only nukes, but delivery instruments, and so forth. This is not empty speculation. Consider the apparent goals of those Wahhabist vermin: to take over the world. They may be idiots, but they are clever and treacherous all the same. If they are left with free run, you know they are going to go for the city-busting weapons, as well as gases, biologics, and so forth.

I don't know where proper sense lies in all this. I can see valid reason in both arguments, but for me a huge factor is whether the jihadis would continue to grow in the absence of funding from the US. I strongly suspect that they would because I do not believe Theye would simply stop funding them, but would only change the channel. I think it is dangerously naive to assume that ISIS is the product of America. It is the product of globalist interests who used America as the instrument. We withdraw and Theye find a new path.

Were there an honest recognition of the global situation, the borders to Europe would have been shut long ago, as would those of the rest of the world. There is something very sinister going on here, or so it appears.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

"Lost control"??

Don Lemon said the same thing a few days ago.

I don't understand why you keep writing posts that insinuate I support military action overseas. I keep saying that I don't, yet you keep making these posts.

What I do prefer, is our military going after ISIS over getting involved in boondoggle regime change wars and nation building.

What I do prefer, is our military going after ISIS over getting involved in boondoggle regime change wars and nation building.
    "Our military" isn't designed or intended to go after individuals which is why there's supposed to be a declaration of war prior to unleashing them....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    "Our military" isn't designed or intended to go after individuals which is why there's supposed to be a declaration of war prior to unleashing them....
    This isn't a war. It is a pageant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast