Thread: The Last Country We “Liberated” From An “Evil” Dictator Is Now Openly Trading Slaves

The Last Country We “Liberated” From An “Evil” Dictator Is Now Openly Trading Slaves

The Last Country We “Liberated” From An “Evil” Dictator Is Now Openly Trading Slaves

Carey WedlerHuman RightsLibya
    APRIL 15, 2017

It is widely known that the U.S.-led NATO intervention to topple Libya’s Muammar Gaddafi in 2011 resulted in a power vacuum that has allowed terror groups like ISIS to gain a foothold in the country.

Despite the destructive consequences of the 2011 invasion, the West is currently taking a similar trajectory with regard to Syria. Just as the Obama administration excoriated Gaddafi in 2011, highlighting his human rights abuses and insisting he must be removed from power to protect the Libyan people, the Trump administration is now pointing to the repressive policies of Bashar al-Assad in Syria and warning his regime will soon come to an end — all in the name of protecting Syrian civilians.

But as the U.S. and its allies fail to produce legal grounds for their recent air strike — let alone provide concrete evidence to back up their claims Assad was responsible for a deadly chemical attack last week — more hazards of invading foreign countries and removing their heads of state are emerging.

This week, new findings revealed another unintended consequence of “humanitarian intervention”: the growth of the human slave trade.

The Guardian reports that while “violence, extortion and slave labor” have been a reality for people trafficked through Libya in the past, the slave trade has recently expanded. Today, people are selling other human beings out in the open.

“The latest reports of ‘slave markets’ for migrants can be added to a long list of outrages [in Libya],” said Mohammed Abdiker, head of operation and emergencies for the International Office of Migration, an intergovernmental organization that promotes “humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all,” according to its website. “The situation is dire. The more IOM engages inside Libya, the more we learn that it is a vale of tears for all too many migrants.”
    The North African country is commonly used as a point of exit for refugees fleeing other parts of the continent. But since Gaddafi was overthrown in 2011, “the vast, sparsely populated country has slid into violent chaos and migrants with little cash and usually no papers are particularly vulnerable,” the Guardian explains.

One survivor from Senegal said he was passing through Libya from Niger with a group of other migrants attempting to flee their home countries. They had paid a smuggler to transport them via bus to the coast, where they would risk taking a boat to Europe. But rather than take them to the coast, the smuggler took them to a dusty lot in Sabha, Libya. According to Livia Manente, an IOM officer who interviews survivors, “their driver suddenly said middlemen had not passed on his fees and put his passengers up for sale.”

“Several other migrants confirmed his story, independently describing kinds of slave markets as well as kinds of private prisons all over in Libya,” she said, adding IOM Italy had confirmed similar stories from migrants landing in southern Italy.

The Senegalese survivor said he was taken to a makeshift prison, which the Guardian notes are common in Libya.

Those held inside are forced to work without pay, or on meager rations, and their captors regularly call family at home demanding a ransom. His captors asked for 300,000 west African francs (about Ł380), then sold him on to a larger jail where the demand doubled without explanation.
    When migrants were held too long without having a ransom paid for them, they were taken away and killed. “Some wasted away on meager rations in unsanitary conditions, dying of hunger and disease, but overall numbers never fell,” the Guardian reported.

continued..http://www.activistpost.com/2017/04/...ng-slaves.html
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You Think proud Rich Saudi favored interventionists like Marco Rubio, Sen John McCain and Co would even blink or care? NOPE!

The Last Country We “Liberated” Is Now Openly Trading Slaves

The Last Country We “Liberated” from an “Evil” Dictator Is Now Openly Trading Slaves

By Carey Wedler - 4/16/2017

It is widely known that the U.S.-led NATO intervention to topple Libya’s Muammar Gaddafi in 2011 resulted in a power vacuum that has allowed terror groups like ISIS to gain a foothold in the country.

Despite the destructive consequences of the 2011 invasion, the West is currently taking a similar trajectory with regard to Syria. Just as the Obama administration excoriated Gaddafi in 2011, highlighting his human rights abuses and insisting he must be removed from power to protect the Libyan people, the Trump administration is now pointing to the repressive policies of Bashar al-Assad in Syria and warning his regime will soon come to an end — all in the name of protecting Syrian civilians.

But as the U.S. and its allies fail to produce legal grounds for their recent air strike — let alone provide concrete evidence to back up their claims Assad was responsible for a deadly chemical attack last week — more hazards of invading foreign countries and removing their heads of state are emerging.

This week, new findings revealed another unintended consequence of “humanitarian intervention”: the growth of the human slave trade.

The Guardian reports that while “violence, extortion and slave labor” have been a reality for people trafficked through Libya in the past, the slave trade has recently expanded. Today, people are selling other human beings out in the open.

“The latest reports of ‘slave markets’ for migrants can be added to a long list of outrages [in Libya],” said Mohammed Abdiker, head of operation and emergencies for the International Office of Migration, an intergovernmental organization that promotes “humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all,” according to its website. “The situation is dire. The more IOM engages inside Libya, the more we learn that it is a vale of tears for all too many migrants.”
    More: http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/...trading-slaves
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Whoopsie...our bad.

And this is what third wave feminists defend.

I went ahead and put a few silver eagles down with a guy there in case Danke turns up there I get first dibs on him .
    Do something Danke

Thanks for the post Brian4Liberty.

This season of Political Theatre is being played with record-setting levels of falsehood, arrogance and open contempt by the political elite for their audience, the paying pleb masses. If the gall-raising performances of these politicians and the kraken media don't improve sometime soon, how can they realistically avoid further losses in respect and relevance?

Hey folks hope you had a great Easter. Don't forget there's also a good world around you - outside of politics.
    Last edited by merkelstan; 04-17-2017 at 09:37 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Some people need more pizza

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I don't even know what to say about all this anymore... and what is even the point? A nation of idiots, cowards, and corrupts, mostly.

Seriously now, how many people in America do we think rise to some reasonable standard of decency? I don't even bother with notions like "nobility" anymore. No matter where I look I see insanity and corruption. I see a nation that now thanks its soldiers for their "service". Service? What the hell? WHAT service? To whom? They haven't served me. Do they really think they are protecting me? The hell. How is it noble to enlist in voluntary servitude for wars of foreign aggression? Once again, whom are they serving, because it sure as hell isn't me.

What manner of raving lunacy and perdition does it take to buy this idiotic line of reasoning that thanks these people for willingly becoming part of the problem? How is it noble to volunteer to go to foreign lands and murder innocents? I don't give the least damn if Hussein had WMDs. And what was the excuse with Qaddafi... or however the hell you spell it? Afghanistan?

How stoopid does a human being have to be to deny that there is a vast conspiracy afoot? For Christ's sake, just stop and LOOK at what in hell is going on from one end of the globe to the other, especially with regard to the warring and subsequent degeneration of the middle east. It was bad enough before "we" stuck our noses in that sordid business; now it is gone right off the deep end. What is the profit to be had with all of this and whose benefit does it serve? Themme? Who in HELL are Theye, anyway? Is it Israel? International banking? Martians in thin disguise?

What does it matter, who? We know all we need just through observation of the events. The people of the world could end it tomorrow morning, but they don't. Clearly it is better for us to live in the current state of slave-squalor than it is to get up and make corrections.

As far as I am concerned, the only thing for which any sane and decent man should be praying is the reset event - a near extinction level catastrophe that leaves the handful of survivors in such a circumstance that all of this impossible bull$#@! is set immediately aside in exchange for the merest chance at physical survival. There ain't no revolution going to free humanity because the people who talk the most loudly about it do nothing to make it happen. I can barely wrap my head around the roiling $#@!-storm of insanity that has the race of men by its balls. Anyone thinking that the general mindset of the typical democrat or republican in America (just to keep it local) can be corrected by means more gentle than threats of immediate extinction when the errors there are rooted in the most basic perceptual instrumentation of the animal is fooling themselves. One is more likely to bring vision to a congenitally blind man than to get the average human to see reason. When it is set before them, they recoil in disgust, terror, and unbounded hatred, regardless of the side of the aisle they claim as their own.

A literal plague has swept the earth. It is a plague of malevolent, mangled, diseased thought. I suspect the ancients saw this as clearly then as I am seeing it now. The basic human animal, when raised up in the filth, stray-leading disease, and resultant misery of Empire, only rarely becomes anything even slightly better than a dangerously corrupted degenerate. The tangled weave of mental disease that takes its set within the individual can only arise with Empire, and it cannot be readily cured, save by mass trauma so severe that naught but small handfuls of individuals are likely to remain. The resulting circumstances are so dire in terms of immediate physical survival, that all the cultural/mental flotsam that had accreted to the basic framework of an individual's mindset, veering them from essential truth, is swept away in those who, in order that their lives not join the list of those crossed out, cleanse themselves as matters of acutely pragmatic need.

We are NOT going to correct ourselves until such time as circumstance presents us with a very real and immediate binary choice of coming to sense or dying. We are perceptually diseased in a deep and mostly hopeless fashion. The statistical reality of what we have chosen to become dooms the vast majority of us. The mean man is lost and his vast numbers virtually guarantees he shall remain that way. The mental inertia of nearly eight billion souls is nothing to take lightly. Add to that the artifice that has so vigorously encouraged them to assume and maintain a self-annihilating course, and it becomes clear that the ship is going down with few survivors.

The threads by which our material lives hang are gossamers. Sever one or two and the resulting chain reaction of failures results in literally billions dead. By all observation it appears that this is where someone, somewhere, in a seat of immense power is pressing the mass of men. It is all at once fascinating, alarming, and disgusting to witness. And if a man show no respect for himself, why should anyone else respect him?

The solution for all that we see, including the insane foreign policy of this nation, is simple and clear; yet nobody is stepping up, myself included. It entails things people want no part of, leaving us to continue steaming ahead at flank speed into the pitch black of the foggy night in seas rotten with giant icebergs. I could be wrong, but I think this will certainly lead to the bottom. It is the only result for which I can hope in all good conscience, for we have chosen the path of evil, whether explicitly or through default. Either way, we all share in the guilt and deserve that which has befallen us, as well as the debits which are yet to come. The truth of our circumstance is clear as crystal, yet we maintain the course set for us by other men. How can any of us claim innocence ?

As ye sow, so shall ye reap. Prepare thyselves for a bitter harvest, for it is nigh.

In.

My.

Opinion.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.