Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Return of Sound Money

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Thank you, Pierz. I see now I have a LOOONG way to go before I can be said to have explained how Midas works in a easy-to-understand way.

Because, with Midas, you are not holding dollars. You are holding gold.
    Well, it seems like you, or whoever runs the vault, is the one holding the gold. Not me. I get what you're saying about how it works. And it isn't like But the issue is that the whole point of holding gold is that I hold it, in my hand. Or at least I have easy access to it.

And it still sounds like I'm left using dollars. You take my gold, convert it to dollars, that gets spent. I get what I bought, the company gets gold converted dollars (digital or physical), you get gold with whatever amount you take as user fees and such. That isn't a bad plan as far as economic go, except the dollar is controlled by madmen who are destroying it. That problem and its related problems of devaluation don't go away.

And no, I don't hate you. I hate some of the ideas you've espoused. But that is not the same as hating the person.
    “Maybe I forgot to mention something to you: I don’t believe in queens. You think freedom is something you can give and take on a whim. But to your people, freedom is as essential as air. And without it, there is no life. There is only darkness.” -Zaheer

"A man chooses. A slave obeys."-Andrew Ryan

"There are three things the parasite hates: free markets, free will, and free men."-Andrew Ryan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Well, it seems like you, or whoever runs the vault, is the one holding the gold. Not me.
    True, physically. But legally, you are the owner.

I get what you're saying about how it works.
    Excellent!

And it isn't like
    ....???

But the issue is that the whole point of holding gold is that I hold it, in my hand.
    The whole point? That is the only benefit of gold, to you? Because you can hold dollar bills in your hand too; they satisfy that standard.

If you (a) want to use gold as money, and (b) you absolutely demand to hold it in your hand at all times, if that is your standard, then you have created a Catch-22 for yourself. You will need to first convince everyone with whom you wish to do business to accept gold. That is not practical. So, you're stuck with no solution.

I broke open the Catch-22.

Or at least I have easy access to it.
    Well, "easy" is relative. If you can ask for redemption in gold at any time and within a week your gold arrives in the mail, would that be easy enough? I think for many, it will be. For you, I don't know. Maybe so, maybe not.

And it still sounds like I'm left using dollars. You take my gold, convert it to dollars, that gets spent.
    Have you heard of the concept of "Just In Time (JIT)"? It's a manufacturing and logistics concept. That's what this is. Your gold stays your gold until the last possible second. Only when you swipe the card does your gold get sold. At that moment. Why is it sold at all? Because the person you're paying wants dollars. Sorry, but he does. That's the way it is right now. That could change, and Midas is a bridge to that future, but first we have to deal with this side of the shore, as it really is, in order to build our way to the other.

So, you are on the gold standard: you own and use gold, because you have been educated by Ron Paul and Rothbard and others and prefer the benefits of gold (inflation-proof). And at the same time, you can conduct business with everyone else, even though they are still stuck on the dollar standard.

the dollar is controlled by madmen who are destroying it. That problem and its related problems of devaluation don't go away.
    It does for you.

Your account is in gold. You keep gold. Your savings is in gold. You stick everyone else with dollars. McDonalds gets dollars. Home Depot gets dollars. Your barber gets dollars. They still are vulnerable to the madmen and their devaluation. You aren't.

you get gold with whatever amount you take as user fees and such
    You should actually go to the page and read the intro. I think you'll find my fees very reasonable.

https://Midas.gold/intro

Thank you for the conversation, and keep it coming!
    The rebel of the 21st Century will be old-fashioned.

Why would I want to spend away my gold?

except so I can say "I'm using gold for money. woohoo!!"

I always looked at gold as a SHTF thing.

besides, whoever has the gold makes the rules.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Why would I want to spend away my gold?
    The more interesting question is: why would you want to hold any dollars?
    The rebel of the 21st Century will be old-fashioned.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    The more interesting question is: why would you want to hold any dollars?
    Why wouldn't I want to?

Seems semantic.....

When the bottom falls out, I would rather have more gold, less dollars. Wouldn't you?
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; Yesterday at 01:46 PM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Bravo for trying something different, bringing something to the market to help increase the usage of gold and sound money. You're going to need to make some updates to your website, post some legal terms of your policies, some company information, and explain how VISA has authorized you to use their payment network (and what you will do when VISA decides to revoke that authorization), before most people trust you with storing their gold for you. For many, gold is the safest form of currency, to be depended on when all other fiat currency fails. Adding more points of failure, your company, your website, VISA's allowing you to continue to use their network for processing, to the use of gold as currency most likely goes against the very reason people buy and use gold in the first place.

I sincerely wish you the best though, and thank you for joining our fight to make gold and silver legal tender.
    Tony Cinelli
    Founding Proservative®

The Proservative® Group
    "Protecting What it Means to be a True Conservative"
    Take our Prospective Member Quiz and Enter to Win a FREE Hardcover Book.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12