Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Adviser: No Neocon Shift, ‘Not the Bush Administration’

Trump Adviser: No Neocon Shift, ‘Not the Bush Administration’

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/t...ampaign=buffer

Sebastian Gorka, deputy assistant to the president, said on Friday morning that President Donald Trump’s populist supporters need not fear that the decision to strike a Syrian government target last week represents an embrace of neoconservatism.

“It’s not a modification,” Gorka said Friday on “The Laura Ingraham Show.” “Donald J. Trump hasn’t changed from November 7 to Good Friday, April 14,” he said.

“This is not the Bush administration, and it is not neoconservatism.”

“This isn’t 2003, this isn’t 1991 and the Gulf War, and the president has not changed one bit,” Gorka said. “This is not the Bush administration, and it is not neoconservatism.”

Rather, Gorka claimed, Trump’s actions are motivated by the recognition that “if there is to be [a global] influence, it better be our values.”

Gorka blasted the notion that a limited Tomahawk missile strike in any way precipitates full-on intervention.

“It makes no sense — the idea that we are mired in something when we take an action that lasted 15 minutes,” Gorka said. To compare it with Iraq or Afghanistan “is just a salacious analogy … we are not mired in anything,” Gorka said.

Trump’s decision to attack Syria is, according to Gorka, motivated not by a desire to dive headfirst into the Syrian swamp but by a desire to project American power.
    Trump Aide: President Has Not Changed Policy on Syria
    Gorka describes missile attack as limited 'surgical strike,' not prelude to greater entanglement

"Think about what happened since then," said Gorka. "Vladimir Putin didn't want to meet with us, well he did," Gorka said, also pointing out China's decision to suspend coal imports from North Korea. "These are not accidental issues," said Gorka. "This is the master of the art of the deal."

"The bottom line is [Trump's] a patriot, and he's a pragmatist," said Gorka.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Certainly not Irving Kristol. It's more Dr. Strangelove.

Show me where he campaigned on forcibly exporting "our values"

“is just a salacious analogy … we are not mired in anything,”
    not until the Russians and Chinese decide they've had it and decide to kick our ass

I read that a few days before the chemical attack in Idlib that Trump re-started what had been Obama's program of U.S. training/arming/funding of arab (not kurd) rebels. Trump had stopped that program initially after inauguration. I think the training is being done on Jordan's border with Syria, but may be wrong. In addition, Tillerson was very clear in his press conference with Lavrov in Moscow that 'Assad must go'. And of course there were Nikki Haley's demands of the same.

The 4-page white paper written by McMaster is a fabricated sham with no sign-off by intelligence agencies and no proof given to the American people that Assad was behind Idlib's recent sarin attack. Trump did not ask congress nor the UN for permission to attack a government that was no threat to the US. In so doing, 9 civilians including 4 children were killed.

All this leads me to believe that the neocons have won.

Add to that other issues such as destruction of privacy rights from our ISPs, the flip-flop on export-import bank, and not listing China as a currency manipulator just adds more evidence that Trump's base has been completely fooled. The globalists have won.

“It makes no sense — the idea that we are mired in something when we take an action that lasted 15 minutes,” Gorka said. To compare it with Iraq or Afghanistan “is just a salacious analogy … we are not mired in anything,” Gorka said.
    This is Frank Luntz level manipulation of facts.

This is far worse then Iraq, at least Bush went to congress, this is far worse then Obama, at least Obama went to congress. Illegal base in Syria, no problem at least its not Iraq yet.

They even already compared this action in Syria to world war 2?

Why is the actions in Syria like world war 2 but not like Iraq?

At least we declared war against Iraq, and against Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    not until the Russians and Chinese decide they've had it and decide to kick our ass
    They are on our side. Russia and China are backing us against NK.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...nnon-is-Ousted
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    All this leads me to believe that the neocons have won.
    The fake news media has been trying to frame it that way for months now.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Why is the USA and Russia in a nuclear arms race if they are on our side?
    Is that a real question?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Is that a real question?
    yes are we building up to go to war against Aliens or are we the closest to war with Russia then we ever have been?

[mod edit]

Rather, Gorka claimed, Trump’s actions are motivated by the recognition that “if there is to be [a global] influence, it better be our values.”
    FFS that is pretty much the textbook "one line" description of neo-conservative foreign policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    FFS that is pretty much the textbook "one line" description of neo-conservative foreign policy.
    These aren't the Droids you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    yes are we building up to go to war against Aliens or are we the closest to war with Russia then we ever have been?
    Furthest.
    Last edited by jct74; 04-16-2017 at 05:54 AM.

We're not communists, we're just believers in the teachings of Karl Marx.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

That is the textbook "one line" description of what neo-conservatives claim their foreign policy is about in order to get people to support them.

The actual objective of neo-conservatives, I think, is global economic and military power.

The actual objective of neo-conservatives, I think, is global economic and military power.
    No $#@! Sherlock.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been saying this for a week..

“It makes no sense — the idea that we are mired in something when we take an action that lasted 15 minutes,”
    Trump has no intentions of getting us bogged down in any military boondoggles.

If you prefer another military boondoggle like all the ones we have had over the last 15 years or so to an attack of an empty airfield that lasted 15 minutes, because you like peace, then I feel bad for your intellect.

For those who want to listen to the actual interview, it's the beginning if the video in the following thread.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Rand-is-guest
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    No $#@! Sherlock.
    Neo-conservatives are also known for preaching about morals and Christian values to get elected, giving some lip service to taxes and maybe spending, and then vote for big government. It is part of their strategy, Ron Paul has talked about this extensively. Another part of their strategy is to keep us in wars that are endless boondoggles, it is good or the coffers of the MIC.

If the neo-conservatives actually did what they ran on, they wouldn't be neo-conservatives. They wouldn't be libertarians either, but more importantly they wouldn't be neo-conservatives. That is what Trump is - NOT a neo-conservative. At least not yet. Why? Because his actions so far have only lended to the possibility that he may be one, the mainstream media loves to push that narrative, but he so far has shown not to be. And by many indications, will not be. He won't be a libertarian, but I don't think he will be a neo-conservative.

Neo-conservatives are also known for preaching about morals and Christian values to get elected, giving some lip service to taxes and maybe spending, and then vote for big government. It is part of their strategy, Ron Paul has talked about this extensively. Another part of their strategy is to keep us in wars that are endless boondoggles, it is good or the coffers of the MIC.

If the neo-conservatives actually did what they ran on, they wouldn't be neo-conservatives. They wouldn't be libertarians either, but more importantly they wouldn't be neo-conservatives. That is what Trump is - NOT a neo-conservative. At least not yet. Why? Because his actions so far have only lended to the possibility that he may be one, the mainstream media loves to push that narrative, but he so far has shown not to be. And by many indications, will not be. He won't be a libertarian, but I don't think he will be a neo-conservative.
    That was great.

That is the textbook "one line" description of what neo-conservatives claim their foreign policy is about in order to get people to support them.

You know your boy Trump is a George Soros puppet right?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I'm open to all possibilities. Please elaborate... (Bring proof or GTFO)

We bring the freedom to them over there so they won't come looking for freedom over here.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quite the opposite.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quite the opposite.
    Obviously.

... But it would be interesting to see their "proof" if for no other reason than to discredit their arguments. Alas, no proof will be forthcoming.
    Last edited by openfire; 04-16-2017 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    Obviously.

... But it would be interesting to see their "proof" if for no other reason than to discredit their arguments. Alas, no proof will be forthcoming.
    This was the group being promoted on here most recently regarding Trump's air strikes in Syria that allegedly killed civilians and children..

Note that the article mentions the Ron Paul Institute has also claimed that they are nefarious.

http://www.strategic-culture.org/new...-agencies.html

You know your boy Rand Paul is a George Soros puppet right? I have proof. But I can't release it. Gag order.

Quite the opposite.
    Do you think George Soros invested in Trump by giving him money for nothing? Do the words "controlled opposition" mean nothing to you?

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    You know your boy Rand Paul is a George Soros puppet right? I have proof. But I can't release it. Gag order.
    No gag order on Trump getting George Soros money. And the actions of Trump, from fighting the Freedom Caucus over Obamacare to dramatically increasing the "defense" budget to deciding we are going to stay in Iraq "for years" to bombing Syria to threatening war with North Korea are all things that fit nicely with the globalist agenda, thank you very much. He's done a few things that can be argued are pro liberty, but so did Obama (getting us out of Iraq prior to when the GOP wanted, opening relations with Cuba, the Iran nuke deal), and if I think hard enough I might come up with a few good things Bush did too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    Oh, and thank you for the neg rep. It just shows that Trump fans are still in denial even though they claim to have woken up after Trump did what all of the rest of us saw him doing on foreign policy. The facts are incontrovertible though. Trump is a George Soros puppet. Soros gave millions to Trump.

https://www.conservativereview.com/c...h-george-soros
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...s-s-money.html
    http://www.theblaze.com/contribution...lead-treasury/

Now George Soros is calling in the chips while funding phony opposition to Trump at the same time designed to get Trump's base to not see what's going on. Trump got rid of Steve Bannon, but Goldman Sachs executive Dina Powell remains on Trumps national security team.

You know what's really funny? Trump die hards would rather believe that Trump may be being blackmailed for being a pedophile and going to Epstein's "Orgy Island" or that Trump is being cucked by his own daughter Ivanka (about as disgusting as him shanking some underage sex slave at "Orgy Island") than to face up to the truth, which is Trump has absolutely no principles. Trump donated hundreds of thousands to the freaking Clinton foundation!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...than-vets.html

Bill Clinton personally called Trump in 2015 and asked Trump to "get involved with republican politics" (hint: run for president).

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...than-vets.html

Seriously, how can you not see the truth on this? And why is the truth more disturbing to you than the idea of Trump being blackmailed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast