Thread: Liberty In Maine - With US Senate Candidate Eric Brakey

Liberty In Maine - With US Senate Candidate Eric Brakey

Liberty In Maine - With US Senate Candidate Eric Brakey

The veterans and activists of Ron Paul's presidential campaigns are running for their own political races. We catch up with US Senate candidate Eric Brakey to see how his campaign is going.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is a race in a State that we can win. Brakey is already relatively popular in his state, has good name recognition, and has good fundraising capability.

If we don't put him over the top we fail. Luckily, RLC already seems to be tracking.

One good thing is that King is basically a Democrat, so if we can get him to win the primary the Repub party will be all-in behind him.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

I kinda miss threads like this one.

The end of the video, Ron gave the guy a chance to tell people how they can help out.

Do it.

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    This is a race in a State that we can win. Brakey is already relatively popular in his state, has good name recognition, and has good fundraising capability.

If we don't put him over the top we fail. Luckily, RLC already seems to be tracking.

One good thing is that King is basically a Democrat, so if we can get him to win the primary the Repub party will be all-in behind him.
    I like him, he does a good job and was the one behind passing constitutional carry. Honestly there is no chance of winning.

I live here in Maine so here is how it is. King won with like over 50%. He is a well liked 2 time governor. Ranked choice voting just passed. In ranked choice the republicans have no hope at all. I and D will choose King overwhelmingly as first and second choice. To top that all off, LePage is thinking of running for senate. LePage would easily win the primary if he does. The days of I and D splitting the vote and losing are over.
    Last edited by 69360; 04-16-2017 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I kinda miss threads like this one.

The end of the video, Ron gave the guy a chance to tell people how they can help out.

Do it.
    There should be more, but the forum is spammed with Trump....Trump...Trump. It's time to get over him. He has no principles and he betrayed the liberty movement. Maybe we can pressure him on certain things in the right direction like the Freedom Caucus at least temporarily did on healthcare. But all of this hand wringing over why he did exactly what about half (or more) of us on this board expected him too is silly.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    There should be more, but the forum is spammed with Trump....Trump...Trump. It's time to get over him. He has no principles and he betrayed the liberty movement. Maybe we can pressure him on certain things in the right direction like the Freedom Caucus at least temporarily did on healthcare. But all of this hand wringing over why he did exactly what about half (or more) of us on this board expected him too is silly.
    Well said. Trumpy's an authoritarian, and the majority of us knew it. Still we have these people here mystified that Trump betrayed them.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Let me point out the obvious, you are derailing a liberty candidate thread talking about Trump. One way to "get over" Trump is to stop talking about him.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Let me point out the obvious, you are derailing a liberty candidate thread talking about Trump. One way to "get over" Trump is to stop talking about him.
    LOL. Touche'. Of course this is after I failed at getting anybody to talk about the libertarian who just ran for an open house seat and lost. So...I'm pointing out the futility of going against what the people seem to want.

Anyway, back on target. Eric Brakey is great. Moneybomb?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I like him, he does a good job and was the one behind passing constitutional carry. Honestly there is no chance of winning.

I live here in Maine so here is how it is. King won with like over 50%. He is a well liked 2 time governor. Ranked choice voting just passed. In ranked choice the republicans have no hope at all. I and D will choose King overwhelmingly as first and second choice. To top that all off, LePage is thinking of running for senate. LePage would easily win the primary if he does. The days of I and D splitting the vote and losing are over.
    We don't know if ranked choice voting will actually happen in Maine, right? My guess, and hope for the people of Maine, is that it isn't allowed. Then again, if it is allowed, I presume 1,000s of Republicans will leave Maine, many of them moving to New Hampshire and Florida. So it would be very good for me and liberty overall in the nation if ranked choice voting was allowed to happen in Maine.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post

Brakey is the most effective pro-liberty legislator in Maine in many years. It will be very sad for the future of liberty in Maine if he doesn't run again for the state senate.

He has a path to win a U.S. Senate race. It has multiple moving parts, unfortunately. Not only does Brakey have to raise lots of money (or an outside group), LaPage needs to stay out of the race, and a strong Democrat that takes votes away from King needs to emerge. This just might be possible!
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 04-19-2017 at 04:54 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    We don't know if ranked choice voting will actually happen in Maine, right? My guess, and hope for the people of Maine, is that it isn't allowed. Then again, if it is allowed, I presume 1,000s of Republicans will leave Maine, many of them moving to New Hampshire and Florida. So it would be very good for me and liberty overall in the nation if ranked choice voting was allowed to happen in Maine.
    It's going to happen. The voters chose it, the courts won't go against that. Basically no Republican will win statewide office or in CD1 ever again. Poliquin might even be in trouble.

I'm not going anywhere. I like it here.