Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Major League Baseball 2017 Season Thread

Major League Baseball 2017 Season Thread

This thread to discuss the baseball season.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I an OK with where muh team is so far , 1 game out of first , playing first place team tonight . Pitching has been OK , just need to figure out how to score some runs .
    Do something Danke

Blue Jays have lost 6 in a row .
    Do something Danke

The world champ runner ups (Indians) have lost their last 5 of 6 and look like they're going down tonight w/ my Tigers in town. The Tigers missed the playoffs last year by like one game and they had almost a full season w/ Sanchez and Palfrey as starters who were terrible as well as losing bombers Castellanos and JD Martinez for over a month each. Now w/ two new scrapper lefties in the rotation and most of the offense being healthy, we're off to a pretty good start atop the American Central. Our bullpen is looking stronger w/ this new hard throwing prospect (Jimenez) from triple A having debuted yesterday. The Red Sox are not looking so good right now as the Tigers just took 3 of 4 and Tampa is beating their asses right now. I love baseball season.

Pirates comeback and win against Cubs after trailing 6-2.

A's win tonight 4 - 2 after traling by 2 to break the 4 game losing skid . That starter ( Triggs ) is 3 - 0 with an ERA of 0.00 , Gravemen ( another starter ) is 2 - 0 with an ERA of 2.00 . They just have to start scoring some runs . They should be at the top of that division.
    Last edited by oyarde; 04-19-2017 at 06:55 AM.
    Do something Danke

A's finally get the bats going today , 9 runs on 14 hits , win 9 - 1 , starter Hahn gets the win ( 1 - 1 , ERA 3.00 ) . Four coming up with Seattle now .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A's getting a little confidence , down tonight 3 - 0 after 2 , facing Seattles best pitcher , now up 5 - 3 bottom of the 5th .
    Do something Danke

A's up 3 - 1 after 7 . They had the bases loaded with one out in the bottom of the 7th and got nothing. Could have put it away .
    Do something Danke

A's have Cotton on the mound today . Next 8 are all big games , all against AL West teams .
    Do something Danke

Reds taking a beating today , down 11 - 5 against the Chicago Orphans . Chicago has 10 runs scored off of three homers and an RBI triple by a Pitcher .
    Do something Danke

The 1901 Chicago Orphans only won 58 games even though the five starting pitchers threw 130 complete games and all had Earned Run Averages from 2.81 - 3.80 .
    Do something Danke

A's tie the game @ 1 with a leadoff home run by shortstop Rosales , 405 feet to Center . His last one of those was 2013 against the hated yankees .
    Do something Danke

A's catcher throws out seattle CF trying to steal second in top of the 3rd . As up 3 - 1 . Reds stands were mostly filled with Chicago fans today . Shameful .
    Do something Danke

A's win 4 - 3 , thats five in a row . I would like to extend it by about 7 more .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    MadBum on dl.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Mets accidentally tweet picture of dildo

The Mets sure were excited after their thrilling, come-from-behind victory over the Marlins on Friday.

After the game, the team’s official Twitter account sent out a picture of a smiling T.J. Rivera wearing the crown the team has been awarding its player of the game. Hidden in the corner of the image, though, was a large dildo that just happened to be hanging out in Kevin Plawecki’s locker.

The Mets quickly deleted the tweet and sent out a cropped version — before deleting that, too, as Twitter users were flooding the replies with screenshots of the original image.

The Mets, careful not to make another boner, then played it safe and tweeted out a close-up video of Rivera. The Mets have not commented on the story behind the sex toy.
    http://nypost.com/2017/05/06/mets-ac...share=facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

A's get down 3 runs in the Second . Score 2 in the 9th to win by 1 against evil Detroit .
    Do something Danke

A's score three more in the bottom of the ninth today for the win , win by 2 . Another win against hated Detroit .
    Do something Danke

San Diego doesn't have a professional baseball team. Hasn't had one since they convinced the taxpayer to help them build a new stadium.

Today in 1968 Catfish Hunter throws a perfect game for the A's .
    Do something Danke

Going into extra innings tonight . We need this win .Our pitching has been great tonight .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    San Diego doesn't have a professional baseball team. Hasn't had one since they convinced the taxpayer to help them build a new stadium.
    Preller hasn't been perfect, but his M.O. of signing veterans in order to flip them for prospects has generally worked out. Myers looks solid, Margot looks like an everyday CF at 22, Schimpf can legitimately hit 40 HR if he's given 600 PA, and their farm system has grown thanks to trades over the past couple of seasons. If the hitters continue to progress and they sign Yu Darvish in the offseason, they could compete sooner rather than later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A's get third walkoff win in a row tonight with an extra innings Jed Lowrie home run . Tomorrow I think we have a pitching advantage . If we can get that win in , should be getting back a little closer to where they should be .
    Do something Danke

Hall of Fame Pitcher and former Senator Jim Bunning has passed away @ 85 .
    Do something Danke

Mike Trout, best player since peak A-Rod (could make an argument that he's better, and the best player since peak Bonds [either of Bonds' peaks]), goes down with a torn thumb ligament. Without surgery, he'll be about at least a couple weeks, and with surgery, likely two months.

Hopefully he'll begin to slide feet first now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

A's are 6 games back of the last playoff spot . I have to be happy with that considering how woeful the bats have been on the road this season. I think they can turn it around now if they can score runs on the road rest of the way .
    Do something Danke

The Braves seem to be getting their $#@! together. I'm going to a game Tuesday night, I'll let you know how they look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    The Braves seem to be getting their $#@! together. I'm going to a game Tuesday night, I'll let you know how they look.
    I was hoping Danke would take me to the game today but I heard he was too busy watching Bend It Like Beckham and trying to score Nickelback tickets .
    Do something Danke

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast