Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Didn't Mr. Paul just waste his time in government?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Very nice but those are expensive. The elephant $#@! is only 14.95.
    Yes, and it would bring back memories of my childhood.

It's nice to know you care so much. Thanks.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    What is wrong with you people? He has been here since 2010. And he only has four solid red bars.
    What's the T for at the top of your post?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Maybe it stands for Trapeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Yes, and it would bring back memories of my childhood.

It's nice to know you care so much. Thanks.
    I only send anonymous elephant $#@! to people I care about.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe it stands for Trapeze?
    Maybe. I didn't think of that. I can't imagine Danke using a happy word like trapeze, though.

Q

what r u talking about, woman?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I can only think of one word Danke would use that starts with a Q but I'm not gonna post it in the guest forum because I have manners. Two, actually, but I can't post the other one because it's banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    It doesn't matter. A society without it is worse off, it is sadly a price that has to be paid.

Just look what would go. Don't be so principled about this, it isn't worth the mess over some blind loyalty to an out dated fact about taxation going back to the rotten barons who charged for tolls.
    Without principles, there is no logic; without principles, there is no truth; without principles, there is no reality.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Are all Brits this stupid?
    No.
    Amash>Trump

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

V

I can only think of one word Danke would use that starts with a Q but I'm not gonna post it in the guest forum because I have manners. Two, actually, but I can't post the other one because it's banned.
    I miss Josh, he would have given this woman many infractions bi now. Brian (sic) is worthless.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Didn't read the whole thread, but, no, he did not... When I awoke, he was there and I found others of a similar mindset. I am indebted to him for bolstering my world view
    “…I believe that at this point in history, the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life comes from the reasonable fear of omniscient State powers kept in check by nothing more than policy documents.”

I miss Josh, he would have given this woman many infractions bi now. Brian (sic) is worthless.
    Bi? Brian?
    Is your Y key stuck?

Wash your hands before you touch the keyboard, ya filthy animal.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bi? Brian?
    Is your Y key stuck?

Wash your hands before you touch the keyboard, ya filthy animal.

-rep
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

-rep
    - - rep

I am thankful for how Ron decided to spend his time regardless of how he feels about it. I don't think the idea of liberty would be dead if not for Ron but I think Ron managed to cast the seeds much farther then other liberty oriented individuals and thus made it more widely known. I feel damn fortunate that I was dealing with my frustration towards government while Ron was running instead of Bernie or Trump in the same way I feel fortunate that weed and mushrooms were the go to drugs during my time in high school instead of the meth and heroin that is more prevalent today.

Quote Originally Posted by Parasiticmoocherguy View Post
    You just keep thinking that when you don't have money, and there is no government there to help you, only your poor friends and family, who may or may not be around to help you. Except for charity which simply isn't good with no money.
    Charity alone doesn't work.
    The libertarian system is immoral. Giving via charity isn't in anyway to conduct a society.
    SMGDH. Read the material below for an example of the "moral" system Parasiticmoocherguy thinks is so wonderful ... (you know, the one where charity "isn't good" and "doesn't work" and "isn't any way to conduct a society" ...) [See thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...s-life-support]

Britain's Top Court Won't Let Dying Baby Go to US

The British parents of a dying 10-month-old have just one more chance to win permission to bring him to the US for experimental treatment. Chris Gard and Connie Yates filed an emergency appeal with the European Court of Human Rights after Britain's Supreme Court ruled against them on Thursday, reports the BBC. Their son, Charlie Gard, has an extremely rare and fatal disease called mitochondrial depletion syndrome, and they want to bring him to the US for treatment. But British health officials won't allow it [...]

"How can they do this," cried Yates as the decision was announced, per the Guardian. "They are lying. We are going to America." The parents have raised more than $1.6 million on GoFundMe for the trip and medical bills. [...]
    http://www.newser.com/story/244032/b...-go-to-us.html
    Under Socialized Medicine, The State Owns You

[...] On April 11, 2017, the courts in the UK ruled that Charlie Gard, against the wishes of his parents, must be immediately removed from life support and left to die. [...]

In most cases of government run medical care, with such costs, the decision is final. Care is denied and you are sent on your way. In the case of wealthy individuals, medical tourism is always an option. Approximately 800,000 people every year fly to the United States and another 600,000 to Singapore to take advantage of cutting edge and high quality medical treatment that is not available anywhere else. But with the case of Charlie, the Ł1.2 million price tag would have been out of reach for a regular family. We would have had another footnote for Statists to prove how the poor get trampled under the foot of the rich and we would then go about our day.

Except a major feature of the free market, private charity, kicked in wonderfully. Within a month of denial and discovery of the treatment, Charlie’s parents managed to raise the entire amount to pay for the treatment and trip to the United States. In a normal world, this would have been the end of the story. Charlie would have gone to the United States, received his treatment and we would have discovered if his already dire situation could have been mitigated or treatment failed.

But the NHS decided, for whatever reason, to interfere with this process. When Charlie’s parents attempted to withdraw him for this treatment, Great Ormond Street, a children’s hospital in Greater London run by the NHS, rushed to the British High Court to block his parents from doing so. As government court systems are wont to do, they sided with themselves and denied the parents’ wishes for further private treatment and gave an official court order that Charlie is to be removed from life support and left to die. [...]

Unlike the usual defects of public medical care, where resources are politically allocated leading to critical shortages for perfectly preventable diseases, such as the case of Laura Hiller in Canada, all the while claiming that medical care in a free market would be provided on a cut-throat system that denies the poor care. Charlie’s case shatters this self-proclaimed image. Here we have elements of the free market working as expected but with the government actively, and openly, doing everything it can to interfere with it. [...]
    https://mises.org/blog/under-sociali...state-owns-you
    So ... the NHS & UK government wants to murder a baby and force his parents to stand by and do nothing, but according to Parasiticmoocher guy, "the libertarian system is immoral" ...

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 06-10-2017 at 12:33 PM.

What is wrong with you people? He has been here since 2010. And he only has four solid red bars.
    Sadly a number of users are ignorant, that is the problem. They think their on a high, whether you are, I don't know. But people are liars, they only care about themselves, even those self righteous do good religious people, better be upfront and state they aren't. Because either way its nonsense with plenty of prejudice.

I don't see it much here in the UK, but its every in the world.

What can one state, none of us care, and it feeds off everyone. Only good examples of social programs, and governance can give example, oh but wait, nobody cares about that.

Everybody in life is just a freebie, and a free loader who isn't working, and they are all filfth blah blah, and all welfare is bad whether short term or long term. Yep.

Centuries ago the barons used to charge a tax for people to go places, that is where taxation and the evil of it originates from.

Sadly a number of users are ignorant, that is the problem. They think their on a high, whether you are, I don't know. But people are liars, they only care about themselves, even those self righteous do good religious people, better be upfront and state they aren't. Because either way its nonsense with plenty of prejudice.

What can one state, none of us care, and it feeds off everyone. Only good examples of social programs, and governance can give example, oh but wait, nobody cares about that.

Everybody in life is just a freebie, and a free loader who isn't working, and they are all filfth blah blah, and all welfare is bad whether short term or long term. Yep.

Centuries ago the barons used to charge a tax for people to go places, that is where taxation and the evil of it originates from.
    Charity stops being charity when it's done at the point of a gun.

Get the government out of it and it will take care of itself.

If there were no government involvement, people would be more willing to provide charity.

As it is now many don't think it's necessary to provide charity, because they are being robbed so the government can do the 'charity' for them.

Hey Parasiticmoocherguy, get your meds adjusted. You're damn near incomprehensible.
    "The Patriarch"

Hey Parasiticmoocherguy, get your meds adjusted. You're damn near incomprehensible.
    Do you suppose that 3rd world country provides booze to it's moochers?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do you suppose that 3rd world country provides booze to it's moochers?
    Maybe, but you can be sure they keep the idiots doped up. His posts are proof.
    "The Patriarch"

LOL. So I'm not the only one to wonder ...

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Mr Paul is an odd guy. I think deep down he plays the game that the candidates have had to play, people the mass as fools, but walk a careful line with the truth about facts.
    Ummm ... okay ... (just curious: is this your NHS-issued meds kicking in, or have you run out of them?)
    Not to walk a careful line, but the truth about facts is that Parasiticmoocherguy has a strong tendency to gibber incoherently.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Sadly a number of users are ignorant, that is the problem. They think their on a high, whether you are, I don't know.
    *theiyr're

But people are liars, they only care about themselves, even those self righteous do good religious people, better be upfront and state they aren't. Because either way its nonsense with plenty of prejudice.
    I'll pray for you.

Ignorance? Do-gooder, self righteous, selfish but not admitting it people? Good spellers? What are you not seeing much in the UK but in "every in the world"? I don't know where that is - must be my ignorance.

What can one state, none of us care, and it feeds off everyone.
    Nope. People do care.

Only good examples of social programs, and governance can give example, oh but wait, nobody cares about that.
    Name one that is cost effective and works.

HA! you do read my neg reps but you forgot a blah. It's three blahs.

Governments do it now and guess what? It's still evil.

Farage is a controversial person and not to be used as example.

Social programs work, but will cost. Living in a corporate free for all just leads to madness, but if you believe people are what they are and deserve nothing, then you will see the way you do, and not care. I hope you don't go hungry one day, and realise what is missing from the society you live in.

There is a lot of crassness on here.

Social programs work, but will cost. Living in a corporate free for all just leads to madness, but if you believe people are what they are and deserve nothing, then you will see the way you do, and not care. I hope you don't go hungry one day, and realise what is missing from the society you live in.

Well, I can see the concept of working for a living is somewhat missing from your society.

Wouldn't we all love to have everything just handed to us?

That's called freeloading, and is not acceptable in our society.

Everybody needs to hunt for his own food and not sit around, hoping somebody else will do the hunting for them.

Oh bugger off worthless wanker.

Sorry, didn't know I wasn't allowed to reference Farage. Any others who shall not be named?

"Socialism, like the ancient ideas from which it springs, confuses the distinction between government and society. As a result of this, every time we object to a thing being done by government, the socialists conclude that we object to its being done at all. We disapprove of state education. Then the socialists say that we are opposed to any education. We object to a state religion. Then the socialists say that we want no religion at all. We object to a state-enforced equality. Then they say that we are against equality. And so on, and so on. It is as if the socialists were to accuse us of not wanting persons to eat because we do not want the state to raise grain." - Frédéric Bastiat (The Law)
    Amash>Trump

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    "Socialism, like the ancient ideas from which it springs, confuses the distinction between government and society. As a result of this, every time we object to a thing being done by government, the socialists conclude that we object to its being done at all. We disapprove of state education. Then the socialists say that we are opposed to any education. We object to a state religion. Then the socialists say that we want no religion at all. We object to a state-enforced equality. Then they say that we are against equality. And so on, and so on. It is as if the socialists were to accuse us of not wanting persons to eat because we do not want the state to raise grain." - Frédéric Bastiat (The Law)

It is remarkable that is an actual quote from around 1850. The same exact horrible arguments against freedom are made all day, every day 170 years later.

You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast