Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Didn't Mr. Paul just waste his time in government?

So what if he did? Wouldn't that be his problem?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
    So what if he did? Wouldn't that be his problem?
    Mr Paul wasting time? Well the point being was why be employed in government if its only to waste money talking about problems that don't have a solution with the beliefs he went into government with in the first place.

-rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    -rep
    Ditto

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well the centre left won twenty years ago here. I don't remember a Libertarian party winning.

It was like if younger Tony could walk on water that sunny day as people like to remember.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Republicanguy again.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Seriously, one local politician where you live a Libertarian? What achievements?

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    Mr Paul wasting time? Well the point being was why be employed in government if its only to waste money talking about problems that don't have a solution with the beliefs he went into government with in the first place.

You have somebody better in mind?

-rep

I can't give out neg reps. Don't know how many points I need to do that.

lol

gotcha covered

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hi,

Isn't somewhat obvious that Mr Paul wasted his time in government?
    Depends on the standard of measure.

He took in a tax payer's wage right. He may of gave back his pension, because simply didn't need it.
    Your point?

But overall his whole career as a liberty politician was a waste of his time, and money.
    If you think so, then for you it was. I see it differently. He helped me gain my orientation to the world way back in the early-mid 80s. As is most often the case, my thinking was a bit tilted and muddied by the idiocies I'd been taught as a child. Naturally rebellious, I knew something wasn't right about many things, but was unable to articulate the sense of it. Just a few of Dr. Paul's words was all it took to get be un-cockeyed, so really I owe him no small debt of gratitude, insignificant as his contribution may seem to casual eyes.

Ayn Rand, while not a idol of mine, did also contribute to set my orientation toward being able to explain to myself, as well as others, why liberty is right and why it is inherent.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    gotcha covered
    Thanks, Root. I finally got him.

You are just stuck up, and don't want to realise the truth.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    boo hoo

Last edited by Lamp; 05-03-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Judging solely by your comments in this thread, you wouldn't know truth if it jumped up and bit you on the ass.

It's truly a shame that the kind of abject ignorance displayed in your comments is so prevalent in the world today. Makes me wonder if my own efforts at activism and education over the last 40+ years were a total waste.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

The 'truth' of the matter is I don't want to pay for you to exist....

Most people don't.

Sure, but a poor person in Arkansas as part of the Union deserves a little of your tax dollars surely?

I watched this candidate who stood for the Arkansas congress. I believe now. Reminds me of how London is on housing and the poor wage jobs, and how having a family isn't an option for being born in that city with such a low wage. Hmm, one would think reality was better out there. This is from 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE8MsGRO-NA
    Last edited by Republicanguy; 05-03-2017 at 06:16 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sure, but a poor person in Arkansas as part of the Union deserves a little of your tax dollars surely?
    Not a $#@!ing nickle.

What part of work or starve is hard for you to grasp?

Nobody owes you an existence, earn it.

This opinion is doubly true for 'single mothers' and 'minorities'....

Most civil people will help the handicapped and infirm and I'm in that boat....I'll help, NOT government!

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Not a $#@!ing nickle.

What part of work or starve is hard for you to grasp?

Nobody owes you an existence, earn it.

This opinion is doubly true for 'single mothers' and 'minorities'....

Most civil people will help the handicapped and infirm and I'm in that boat....I'll help, NOT government!
    What you state is very one way. And their could be single fathers, not just mothers.

How would most people help the disabled? Just by standing out somewhere and telling people? You don't think a welfare claimant or a low paid employee isn't entitled at all to state funded healthcare out of your tax?

I find it a little too good to be true. There is private health General practice here, I went once to one to see if they had a job role on offer with their stock of medical supplies. In London's Harley street.

How would most people help the disabled?

And this is the issue for people who share your mentality......

Without big-gov how would anything get done...

Answer the question. You want to provide an alternative to centre left and right, with less government is the plan.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-bill-nihilism
    Last edited by Republicanguy; 05-04-2017 at 04:52 PM.

You are just stuck up....
    Oh no you didn't say that! You are--like--totally rude!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Answer the question. You want to provide an alternative to centre left and right, with less government is the plan.
    To whom are you speaking?

And who in the $#@! are you to demand answers to a query never posed?

If you have in fact posed an unanswered question then quote the post, show the question and try asking nicely at least once....

If the sentence that you wrote, quoted above, is actually intended as a question to someone you might want to actually address them and punctuate and phrase properly...Or is Engrish a second language?

Posts like this reduce your opinions to irrelevancy. They scream "troll" and/or "no clue".

Do yourself a favor and take a different approach; one based in reason and the habit of making clear your reasons for holding a view. At least then the only point on which any of us might disagree is the opinion itself and not your apparent motives, habits, tones, and so forth.

Your choice. Have a good day.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Judging solely by your comments in this thread, you wouldn't know truth if it jumped up and bit you on the ass.
    Never happen. Truth doesn't hate itself that much, no matter how ugly it might be at any given moment.

It's truly a shame that the kind of abject ignorance displayed in your comments is so prevalent in the world today.
    Agreed, however let me point out that ignorance is only part of the problem, the attendant attitudes representing the real problem. Ignorance can be cured relatively easily with the cultivation of truthful knowledge, but the only way that can come to pass is where there is an attitude of open and honest desire to gain that truth, no matter where it may lead. That is the place where these toddlers in adult bodies fail so resolutely and why most of them will never be worth a damn even to themselves, much less anyone else. They don't want truth, but only to believe their own lies and fantasies and to spew them angrily at anyone not on board with the agenda of bunnies, light, and unicorn poo.

Makes me wonder if my own efforts at activism and education over the last 40+ years were a total waste.
    They were not. Even though the battle and even the war is inevitably lost, which now seems by far the likeliest end to which this will all come, the warrior fights. He does so not because he concerns himself with winning and losing, but because he acts in pursuit of that which he knows to be right. Does it suck to see freedom die before one's eyes? Yes - at least to mine. Does the inevitability of our complete loss of freedom mean I should no longer fight against it? No. I fight because to give in to it, no matter how certain Theire victory, is to do the wrong thing. The warrior avoids doing the wrong things at all times and fights the good fight even in the face of no hope of winning.

It is a mindset and a choice pursuant thereto. It takes guts and the willingness to eat bitter for however long it is required, even if for life. Our mean contemporaries cannot fathom the attitude of the true warrior, seeing him as eccentric at best and more likely as completely insane and even stupid. The Weakmen are shamed by his strength and resolve to remain faithful to that which is right. They are embarrassed by their own lack of courage, faith to the good against evil, charity, and activeness, which are made sorely apparent in the presence of the Freeman. The burn of it, however subliminal to the Weakman's shriveled and sadly narrowed consciousness, leads him to his bitter hatred of the Warrior Freeman. Why else do we see thousands of young people on the streets of places such as Portland and Berkley, ironically spewing their bile in vented frustration while claiming to represent love and acceptance, as they attempt to reduce properties not their own to scorched and salted earth?

What is most important is that you have done what you know to be righteous, come what may in result. Winning and losing are nothing. Playing the game with smart faith to that which is righteous is all that matters, even unto one's own extinction. There are subtleties there that I will not go into here unless asked to, but for the most part, this is all one needs know in life - how to negotiate the game with intelligent faith to that which is proper and worthy of the Warrior Freeman.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What are you people on about.

The point is to bring a bit of justice to society, and make those who have money pay a little more especially the corporations and companies. While taxing the poorest.

The financial sector needed regulating.

If a centre left party can't reform society, then a libertarian party would only let those who are richer get richer, and those who are poor worst off. That is infantile thinking. Life isn't work hard and have only pennies and then just die. There needs to be some respect for people.

If Libertarian offers this, it doesn't show it.

Last edited by Republicanguy; 05-08-2017 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Corbyn speaks with nurses.

If Libertarian offers this, it doesn't show it.

I disagree. From National Philanthropic Trust:

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast