Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Genuinely got under a cop's skin tonight

Exclamation Genuinely got under a cop's skin tonight

So, driving over to the other side of the lake tonight to catch a movie.

Pass a cop on a dark stretch of highway, well hidden between two snow banks and of course, I start flashing my lights at oncoming traffic.

30 seconds later, rollers.

License and registration blah blah blah...

So he comes back after a while and lets me know he'll give me a "warning" but then goes into this speech about drunks and speeders and drugged drivers and how's there been fatalities and how this is serious business.

He was genuinely affronted by the fact that I dared to warn my fellow mundanes of his presence.

The counter arguments formed in my mind pretty rapidly:

"Well, let's see about that:

First, your contention that this is somehow serving a public good is bogus, since most all of the "felons" you mentioned would be more than likely to find their way home without incident and without you ruining their lives in the process.

Secondly, you have nothing to "warn" me about, since flashing your lights to warn of a police presence has been adjudicated in court as protected speech under the First Amendment, and in NH there is no law on the books prohibiting it.

Thirdly, if you truly were worried about the public good, and not shaking down random passers-by simply to justify and pay for your existence, you would be cruising up and down this highway, with your lights on, giving everybody fair warning, encouraging them to slow down and drive cautiously and you would cover more ground looking for actual traffic menaces, instead of holed up in your lair like a trap door spider waiting for prey to come by.

So, officer, spare me your sanctimonious preaching and your moral superiority."

Of course I said none of that, just a mild statement of "I understand" and vacated the area asap.

Weak and worthless? Of course.

I know the consequences of "triggering" one of these $#@!s all too well.

But I'm still chuckling that I got under his skin.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-09-2017 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Stoopid grammar
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As long as you stop flashing your lights it is a win-win situation.

Any time you walk away safely from an encounter with Officer Friendly is a win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Stop flashing your lights, download an app!

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    As long as you stop flashing your lights it is a win-win situation.
    Yes, hopefully he doesn't need another lesson.

It can get quite dark outside.

I wouldn't want anybody to get hurt.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Yes, hopefully he doesn't need another lesson.

It can get quite dark outside.

I wouldn't want anybody to get hurt.
    You see how nice the state can be with you.

It was probably better that you didn't talk to the police.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Of course I said none of that, just a mild statement of "I understand" and vacated the area asap.
    SMGDH.......

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, driving over to the side of the lake tonight to catch a movie.

Pass a cop on dark stretch of highway, well hidden between two snow banks and of course, start flashing my lights at oncoming traffic.

30 seconds later, rollers.

License and registration blah blah blah...

So he comes back after a while and lets me know he'll give me a "warning" but then goes into this speech about drunks and speeders and drugged drivers and how's there been fatalities and how this is serious business.

He was genuinely affronted by the fact that I dared to warn my fellow mundanes of his presence.

The counter arguments formed in my mind pretty rapidly:

"Well, let's see about that:

First, you're contention that this is somehow serving a public good is bogus since it would be more than likely that most all of the "felons" you mentioned would be more than likely to find their way home without incident and without you ruining their life in the process.

Secondly, you have nothing to "warn" me about, since flashing your lights to warn of a police presence has been adjudicated in court as protected speech under the First Amendment, and in NH there is no law on the books prohibiting it.

Thirdly, if you truly were worried about the public good, and not shaking down random passers by to justify and pay for your existence, you would be cruising up and down this highway, with your lights on, giving everybody fair warning, encouraging them to slow down and drive cautiously and would cover more ground looking for actual traffic menaces, instead of holed up in your lair like a trap door spider waiting for prey to come by.

So, officer, spare me your sanctimonious preaching and your moral superiority."

Wheh! At first reading I thought you flashed your lights at the cop! We all know how that could have ended.

BTW, that's why I can't stand either "black lives matter" or their dumbass conservative critics. The BLM movement sucks because they don't care about whites who get murdered by cops. Their conservative critics suck because...they don't care either.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Not weak and worthless, it's a waste of time to talk to the $#@!s and you got out of having to give them any money by being polite.

I flirt and/or cry when I get pulled over - now, that's weak and worthless. As a matter of fact, a few weeks ago a cop got behind me and I thought I was going to get pulled over so I had my son get my lipstick out of my purse so I could do a touch up just in case. My son knew exactly what I was doing, too. He said, "Mom, you're getting too old for that. You better get used to getting tickets."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I flirt and/or cry when I get pulled over - now, that's weak and worthless.
    Smart. Now if AF did that.....
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    LOL, YMMV
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

He said, "Mom, you're getting too old for that. You better get used to getting tickets."
    He was channeling Mr. Animal?

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    SMGDH.......
    Sorry if I let you down brother, but I was not willing to have my daughter (who was with me at the time) turn into a Jeremy Mardis.

Not weak and worthless, it's a waste of time to talk to the $#@!s and you got out of having to give them any money by being polite.

I flirt and/or cry when I get pulled over - now, that's weak and worthless. As a matter of fact, a few weeks ago a cop got behind me and I thought I was going to get pulled over so I had my son get my lipstick out of my purse so I could do a touch up just in case. My son knew exactly what I was doing, too. He said, "Mom, you're getting too old for that. You better get used to getting tickets."
    Hahhaahhaha smart ass kids.

The movie Mrs AF and I were going to see was "Going in Style".

Ann Margret is 75 and she's still hot.

I think you got a few more years yet that you can still get away with that.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-09-2017 at 10:37 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't see much problem with it. If it's been said once it's been said a thousand times... DO NOT TALK TO COPS.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Don't see much problem with it. If it's been said once it's been said a thousand times... DO NOT TALK TO COPS.

Exactly.

I'm not about to get into a philosophical argument with a pissed off Officer Friendly on the side of a dark snowy road in the middle of the night with my family in the truck.

And neither one us were going to change our minds.

I'd still go away thinking he was a sanctimonious, preachy, tax tick, and he'd still go away thinking I was smug, cop hating, fat ass.

Unless you're ready to go to "Phill's Nuclear Option", never talk to cops.

And even then, it would be better not to say a $#@!ing word.

He was channeling Mr. Animal?

No way, Jose. Mr Animal thinks I'm hawt. Plus, he's not stupid. He would never tell me I was getting too old for anything. Especially, something that's going to cost him money.

No way, Jose. Mr Animal thinks I'm hawt. Plus, he's not stupid. He would never tell me I was getting too old for anything. Especially, something that's going to cost him money.
    Who was he channeling then? He couldn't come up with this on his own.

Who was he channeling then? He couldn't come up with this on his own.
    Yes he can, he's 16 years old and he's seen me cry/flirt my way out of a lot of tickets. He knows the drill.

I'm a real bad driver, btw. You have no idea. I took out my neighbor's mailbox TWICE in one month last year.

Yes he can, he's 16 years old and he's seen me cry/flirt my way out of a lot of tickets. He knows the drill.

I'm a real bad driver, btw. You have no idea. I took out my neighbor's mailbox TWICE in one month last year.
    You should ask Mr Animal to pay for your driving lessons. The neighbors will thank him. You will also be able to dazzle the instructor and get an honest assessment of your flirting skills.

You should ask Mr Animal to pay for your driving lessons. The neighbors will thank him.
    The neighbors were cool about it. I had the boys replace the mailboxes and they got a good chuckle out of it.

You will also be able to dazzle the instructor and get an honest assessment of your flirting skills.

I'm well aware of my limitations.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry if I let you down brother, but I was not willing to have my daughter (who was with me at the time) turn into a Jeremy Mardis.
    All's good!

Never subject children to those goons, I'd have done the same if my son was with...

Stop flashing your lights, download an app!
    Good idea... I was not aware there was an app that will flash my lights. I'll check the play store right away!
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Good idea... I was not aware there was an app that will flash my lights. I'll check the play store right away!
    The app will warn others of the cops presence by posting their location, not by flashing your lights.
    Much wider outreach and no unpleasant conversations with the cops.
    Last edited by timosman; 04-09-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Wheh! At first reading I thought you flashed your lights at the cop! We all know how that could have ended.

BTW, that's why I can't stand either "black lives matter" or their dumbass conservative critics. The BLM movement sucks because they don't care about whites who get murdered by cops. Their conservative critics suck because...they don't care either.
    I hope Sgt Frost is looking over his shoulder every day... He would need to be if that were my son.

THIS ONE

I'm well aware of my limitations.
    You are so modest today. And then there is the neighbors' mailbox.

Watch it again... and again, and again...

THIS ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast