Thread: Rand SLAMS Trump on Syria bombing

Exclamation Rand SLAMS Trump on Syria bombing

Released just a few minutes ago:

Sen. Rand Paul Releases Statement on U.S. Cruise Missile Strike

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Tonight, U.S. Senator Rand Paul released the following statement regarding the United States’ strike on a Syrian military airfield:

"While we all condemn the atrocities in Syria, the United States was not attacked. The President needs congressional authorization for military action as required by the Constitution, and I call on him to come to Congress for a proper debate. Our prior interventions in this region have done nothing to make us safer, and Syria will be no different."

###
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think that constitutes "SLAMS," but I do hope Rand Paul, who seems to have a good relationship with the President, can get his ear on this.

He needs to make a big stink tomorrow before they leave DC.

Demand that they stay to debate repealing the 2001 AUMF.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Trump don't need no stinkin' declaration of war. Just like all of the past Presidents that set the precedent.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Trump don't need no stinkin' declaration of war. Just like all of the past Presidents that set the precedent.
    This is the sad truth. There is no rule of law.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Rand is right. I think there's still a small chance to turn this around, unlike the zero percent chance there would've been with Hillary launching a similar attack. But it's going to take a lot of luck for Rand and other non-interventionists to get his ear, plus public pressure to make him listen.

Jan2017

In the heat of last night . . . after the McCain-Lindshey statement and the blinketity-blinking Marco Rubio interviewed in the Capitol Rotunda -
    the newscaster mentioned some are against this - "Paul Rand" mentioned first.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    What's worse is that Congress already spoke on Syria and REFUSED to authorize Obama's request for military action. Trump didn't even bother.

And if our reps are to be believed, when it came up before, the American people flooded the phone lines of Congress and were adamantly against action in Syria. Would these new videos have changed our minds??? Who knows? Because Trump didn't bother to ask us.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Jan2017

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said the strike "appears to be a proportional response" to Tuesday's attack,
    while Republican Sens. John McCain (Ariz.) and Lindsey Graham (S.C.) praised Trump for taking decisive action.

The Trump administration said the strike was a one-off, but some lawmakers said Trump already had violated the Constitution
    "While we all condemn the atrocities in Syria, the United States was not attacked," Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) tweeted.
    "The President needs congressional authorization for military action as required by the Constitution."
    http://theweek.com/5things/690876/la...missile-strike