Thread: Rand Paul: Military action in Syria needs Congressional approval (4/6 CNN)

Rand Paul: Military action in Syria needs Congressional approval (4/6 CNN)

Rand Paul: Military action in Syria needs Congressional approval

(CNN)Republican Sen. Rand Paul said Thursday Congress would need to approve military action in Syria.
    "The first thing we ought to do is probably obey the Constitution," Paul said on "Kilmeade and Friends." "When Nikki Haley came before my committee and I voted for her, I asked her that question. 'Will you try to take us to war? Will you advocate for war without constitutional or congressional authority?' And she said no. So I assumed what she means by this is that, the President, if he decides to do something in Syria, he would come to Congress and ask for a declaration of war. Short of Congress voting on it, I'm opposed to illegal and unconstitutional wars."

more at:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/06/politi...ampaign=buffer
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Senate approval? fu*k that $#@!. It need not to happen at all, how about that? Rand is like the one guy in a group of gang rapists asking that the rapist gang take a vote before committing the rape. And Rand should stop acting like a naive child. They are already doing something in Syria and they did not ask for your approval. What makes you think they would start now? The camels nose is already under the tent Rand and resistance right now is futile, congress can say no all they want and the MIC would still go to war.

Voting for hardcore neocons and then hoping that they obey the constitution is not very smart. You have been played, the lunatics never relinquished control of the asylum they merely got new agents. It would ttake a miracle (not congress) and/or Russia and China to stop these bloodthirsty animals.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Senate approval? fu*k that $#@!. It need not to happen at all, how about that? Rand is like the one guy in a group of gang rapists asking that the rapist gang take a vote before committing the rape. And Rand should stop acting like a naive child. They are already doing something in Syria and they did not ask for your approval. What makes you think they would start now? The camels nose is already under the tent Rand and resistance right now is futile, congress can say no all they want and the MIC would still go to war.

Voting for hardcore neocons and then hoping that they obey the constitution is not very smart. You have been played, the lunatics never relinquished control of the asylum they merely got new agents. It would ttake a miracle (not congress) and/or Russia and China to stop these bloodthirsty animals.
    Ron would make the same point as Rand, that there needs to be congressional approval...

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    Ron would make the same point as Rand, that there needs to be congressional approval...
    And that wouldn't be the first time Ron Paul was wrong on an issue. Wars of aggression is wrong and it makes no difference if a bunch of elected idiots put their stamp of approval on it. Would it still be OK if congresses voted and passed civil asset forfeiture laws? I don't give a fu*k that the criminals in power made it OK, it is still wrong and any liberty politician should be against it.

While all you say is true at least he stands on principle and I am glad he does. I think you have been here long enough to know how Rand operates. It's not like only his vote counts. If it goes before the House then it can be debated. That is what he hopes to achieve.

And that wouldn't be the first time Ron Paul was wrong on an issue. Wars of aggression is wrong and it makes no difference if a bunch of elected idiots put their stamp of approval on it. Would it still be OK if congresses voted and passed civil asset forfeiture laws? I don't give a fu*k that the criminals in power made it OK, it is still wrong and any liberty politician should be against it.
    Well, Ron's theory has been if Congress was forced to take responsibility for a war they would chicken out more often and settle for peace. I dunno, but I imagine there's a reason the neocons try to avoid an actual vote. But yeah an unjust war is an unjust war regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Do you have ANY doubts that Rand would vote against it??
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Well, Ron's theory has been if Congress was forced to take responsibility for a war they would chicken out more often and settle for peace. I dunno, but I imagine there's a reason the neocons try to avoid an actual vote. But yeah an unjust war is an unjust war regardless.
    Yes, and it sure as heck is better than having just one person make the decision to send the country into war.

I'm not sure why you're bitching about Rand or Ron's stance. Neither are the leader of the nation and they are both likely to oppose this war so what do you expect them to do? Bitching about people who are opposed to it does nothing positive.

If all you want to do is vent, then vent, but vent about the people who are pushing this, not about the people who would oppose it if they could.

Well. Guess not. Our gov just bombed em.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Rand took a similar stance back when Obama was ready to go after Assad and was able to gather enough resistance to stop those direct plans of attack. Hopefully a similar resistance will develop, and with the hatetred for Trump maybe the left will fake being anti-war again.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Well. Guess not. Our gov just bombed em.
    Wait! What? Crap.

How many kids just got exploded.

I can find no fault with your critique.

How'd that work out for you Rand?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    How'd that work out for you Rand?
    I guess he didn't have time to golf with him before the attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Do you have ANY doubts that Rand would vote against it??
    but congress would rubber stamp it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I guess he didn't have time to golf with him before the attack.

Did you?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members