Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thomas Massie on Syrian Chemical Weapon's Attack

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    So glad someone up there is still doing Ron's old job.
    Justin's Twitter feed has been pretty good about it too
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great clip... Massie da man!

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Great clip... Massie da man!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Ya I wasn't downing anyone else but I really love Massie.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Jan2017

The first trickle of evidence (my tea-leaf reading) that Massie is probably right after all . . .
    "Six people were killed in the airstrike, according to a televised statement by the Syrian's Armed Forces General Command."
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/06/politi...yria-military/

Different numbers . . .
    Syria Says Strike Kills 16, Damages Air Base
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/syrian-...ies-1491535071

There'd a been more Russian/Syrian military and civilian casualties if the US struck any of the chemical weapons that were being stored
    and sent out and used by Syria against it's own civilians from the major military airfield.

But it's early . . . what's the weather and direction of desert winds there ? (in the presumption that intel was correct and sarin was at the base)
    Last edited by Jan2017; 04-07-2017 at 08:47 AM.

That's what I like to hear, Thombo. Good way to start the morning.

The little girl said she wanted peace in Syria. The easiest thing the US can do to bring about peace is to stop spending a billion a year and many bombs helping the rebels and terrorists in Syria. This isn't rocket science.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

This seems as good a place as any for this little poem I just wrote.

When Babylon falls in an hour,
    When hollowed our militant might,
    When the dollar loses its power,
    Then China and Russia will fight.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    McCain is a nutcase
    Old folks often get senile and it can be very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Did you not see the video? Did you not see how sad that little girl was?

We have to do it. For the children.
    fake gas attack..

even Trumps bombing was fake.

this whole GD thing is fake..

hell, everyone in here could be fake..

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Old folks often get senile and it can be very sad.
    your turns coming.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    fake gas attack..

even Trumps bombing was fake.

this whole GD thing is fake..

hell, everyone in here could be fake..
    nearly...there...

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    nearly...there...
    i'll go even further..

i don't believe there's any life east of the mississippi.

all fake.

your turns coming.
    Ha! Yep. What about you?

i'll go even further..

i don't believe there's any life east of the mississippi.

all fake.
    attaboy!

...of course that means those 'Hawks gotta forfeit some games.
    -Albert Camus

Ha! Yep. What about you?
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    ha ha way too much time remaining

Ha! Yep. What about you?
    what?...who are you?...what am i doing here...

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    what?...who are you?...what am i doing here...
    Truly excellent questions. 1) I don't know 2) Haven't decided yet 3) Only you can say

Watch how miserable this insufferable bitch gets when it becomes apparent she's going to lose to Louis CK. She's as dumb as rocks.

Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Trump just did exactly what Massie said he could not do.

Treasonous act.
    Have you forgotten the War Powers Act? Trump has 90 days to do as he pleases before he has to crawl to Congress... or has that been repealed?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Have you forgotten the War Powers Act? Trump has 90 days to do as he pleases before he has to crawl to Congress... or has that been repealed?
    Um, have you read the War Powers Act?!

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/50/chapter-33

(c) Presidential executive power as Commander-in-Chief; limitation
    The constitutional powers of the President as Commander-in-Chief to introduce United States Armed Forces into hostilities, or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances, are exercised only pursuant to (1) a declaration of war, (2) specific statutory authorization, or (3) a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces.
    Pleas tell us how this was either a declaration of war upon us, a specific statutory authorization, or a national emergency created by an attack on us or our possessions. Syria is none of those. Period. In fact, when Obama asked Congress to do something, Congress specifically said, "NO!".

This action was a clear violation. Of course, Congress will do nothing about it.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Um, have you read the War Powers Act?!

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/50/chapter-33

Pleas tell us how this was either a declaration of war upon us, a specific statutory authorization, or a national emergency created by an attack on us or our possessions. Syria is none of those. Period. In fact, when Obama asked Congress to do something, Congress specifically said, "NO!".

This action was a clear violation. Of course, Congress will do nothing about it.

I think supporters of the strike rationalize it by saying Syria violated the UN treaty and this was the US's way of enforcing that treaty.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I think supporters of the strike rationalize it by saying Syria violated the UN treaty and this was the US's way of enforcing that treaty.
    Is this correct, Osan? Is this justified under the banner of the UN? Is that how you're correlating the War Powers Act?!

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Is this correct, Osan? Is this justified under the banner of the UN? Is that how you're correlating the War Powers Act?!
    I thought the WPA limited the president's unilateral authority to 90 days. Has this changed? Has my understanding of the act been incorrect?

Oh, and to hell with the UN.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I thought the WPA limited the president's unilateral authority to 90 days. Has this changed? Has my understanding of the act been incorrect?

Oh, and to hell with the UN.
    Yes, you are incorrect. Please refer to the Act posted above. The President has unilateral authority under certain conditions. None of those conditions have been met. The US was not attack. There was no declaration of war upon us. There was no specific statutory authorization.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12