Thread: Someone should jump on these 10th anniversary Taurus Judges....

Someone should jump on these 10th anniversary Taurus Judges....

Ran across this today. I have too much cash out now, but if I didn't I would love this set.

$1,300 for the pair. Consecutive numbers ( not like I care about that, but it's pretty cool). If I had the money on hand I'd go ahead and invest another $200-$300 for tools and materials and revisit my love of leather craft and make a nice double-shoulder rig.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/634728981

On a side note I ran across some .410 shots that look interesting...Winchester PDX1 410. It loads 3 .000 "disks" and 12 BB sized shots.

http://www.winchester.com/Products/N.../pdx1-410.aspx

Last edited by phill4paul; 04-05-2017 at 07:33 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oooooo pretty toys!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Oooooo pretty toys!
    So pretty I would want to make my own rig for them. That's how pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    So pretty I would want to make my own rig for them. That's how pretty.
    I've heard the Governor is more practical than the Judge but they both sound cool to me. These really are nice specimens you found.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I've heard the Governor is more practical than the Judge but they both sound cool to me. These really are nice specimens you found.
    I haven't looked at the S&W until you just wrote. I've never fired it and I have no preconceived feelings.

From the stats... Governor has a higher price point. Height and width is larger. It's lighter, but in the case of .45LR/.410 I don't know that lighter is better. Harder trigger pull. It has a bit more barrel twist and that allows it to claim that it is also a .45 auto performing vehicle? I dunno. This guy seems pro-Governor, but I'm just basing my observation off the specs.

http://www.ohiovalleyoutdoors.com/pa...id/505645.html
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-05-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Ran across this today. I have too much cash out now, but if I didn't I would love this set.

$1,300 for the pair. Consecutive numbers ( not like I care about that, but it's pretty cool). If I had the money on hand I'd go ahead and invest another $200-$300 for tools and materials and revisit my love of leather craft and make a nice double-shoulder rig.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/634728981

On a side note I ran across some .410 shots that look interesting...Winchester PDX1 410. It loads 3 .000 "disks" and 12 BB sized shots.

http://www.winchester.com/Products/N.../pdx1-410.aspx

I have some of those .410 rounds , been buying them @ my local farm store for years . They work well , but I do still also like .410 in 000 Buck and slugs .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have some of those .410 rounds , been buying them @ my local farm store for years . They work well , but I do still also like .410 in 000 Buck and slugs .
    I watched a video comparing the PDX1 to regular .410 000 Buck. I'd go with the 000 Buck myself for personal defense. The pattern was much tighter.

I watched a video comparing the PDX1 to regular .410 000 Buck. I'd go with the 000 Buck myself for personal defense. The pattern was much tighter.
    I like number 2 Buck in 20 Ga but seem to see mostly number 3 Buck these days , I like number 1 Buck in 12 Ga but of course 00 is always easier to find , the 000 Buck in .410 . I am running low on Flechettes in .410 , and 12 Ga incendiary rounds and Rhodesian Jungle rounds in 12 Ga.
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Friend of mine owns a Judge. I had reservations as I had read some less-than-flattering reviews, but I gave it a try a couple times and thought it was pretty neat.

I'm saving up for (hopefully, eventually) a Raging Judge Magnum. Gotta one-up the friend.
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

I will need a shoulder holster for one of these . Anyone make one off the shelf ?
    Do something Danke

loveshiscountry

nice I was looking at the Taurus Curve

If I had the money on hand I'd go ahead and invest another $200-$300 for tools and materials and revisit my love of leather craft and make a nice double-shoulder rig.
    Say when...

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee