Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump takes Rand golfing to discuss healthcare

Thumbs up Trump takes Rand golfing to discuss healthcare

President Trump brought Republican Sen. Rand Paul to Trump National Golf Club in Virginia on Sunday to play golf with him, a little more than a week after the party's healthcare bill failed.

"They're discussing a variety of topics, including healthcare," White House deputy press secretary Stephanie Grisham said.

Budget director Mick Mulvaney, a former leading House conservative, also joined the two.
    more:
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2619140/
    Last edited by jct74; 04-02-2017 at 02:05 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

See how this tactic works as opposed to Amash's? There is an appropriate time to burn bridges, but Rand understands when that fateful time comes. Even Massie has been more mindful of the long game than Amash.

Jan2017

A Secret Service agent opens the door of the presidential vehicle for Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky, left, on the South Lawn driveway at the White House in Washington, Sunday, April 2, 2017. (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta)

Last edited by Jan2017; 04-04-2017 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    See how this tactic works as opposed to Amash's? There is an appropriate time to burn bridges, but Rand understands when that fateful time comes. Even Massie has been more mindful of the long game than Amash.
    Yes and no.

There has to be some sort of constant right opposition when Trump screws up. And there also needs to be people who are willing to keep the lines of communication open. I see it as good cop/bad cop although I honestly don't know if they've thought it through that far.

I also think that when Trump does the right thing that Amash is intellectually honest enough to lay off for a bit.

Is this damaging Amash? I don't know, it depends on his district.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Amash is playing the game well relative to the district he is in.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Good, Rand still has his ear.

Here's hoping he's listening.

Trump hits the links with Rand Paul, White House says

"Art of the deal" multi-tasking is ongoing it appears despite Trump's unhappiness media/Congress over slow investigation of his 'wiretapping' by Obama:

Trump hits the links with Rand Paul, White House says

By Eli Watkins and Allie Malloy, CNN

Sun April 2, 2017

Story highlights

The White House says Trump is playing golf with Sen. Rand Paul and budget director Mick Mulvaney

The outing marks renewed attempts on health care

(CNN)As President Donald Trump continues to pillory House conservatives who derailed efforts to repeal and replace Obamacare, he took a different tack Sunday with one of the Republican senators who had been loudly egging them on, inviting Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul to play golf at one of his eponymous courses.

White House spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham confirmed that Trump was playing golf with Paul as well as White House budget director Mick Mulvaney at Trump National Golf Club in Potomac Falls, Virginia. It was the President's 14th trip to one of his courses in just over 10 weeks since taking office in January.
    Grisham added that health care would be a big focus at discussions during the outing.
    The golf game with Paul came just more than a week after House Speaker Paul Ryan pulled the American Health Care Act, a Trump-backed bill that would repeal and replace major parts of Obamacare, from consideration on the floor of the chamber. Paul was among the most outspoken opponents of the bill, which he derided as "Obamacare lite."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/02/politi...and-paul-golf/

Related

Trump tweets plea for Obama to be investigated, attacks NBC's "Sleepy Eyes Chuck Todd"

Rick Wiles: Obama Is ‘Hiding From Arrest’ In French Polynesia For Stealing Elections And Surveilling Trump

Maybe Rand convinced him to stop the $#@!ing twitter rants.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It seems like Trump and Rand Paul are getting along great.

After golf with Trump, Paul says 'very optimistic' about ObamaCare repeal

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...re-repeal.html

Donald simply needed a bit of pep talk to understand the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    It seems like Trump and Rand Paul are getting along great.
    Yes, seems that way.
    And this also indicates that Trump has started to see reality of new political landscape and sees Rand's stature in GOP/US Politics.

Trump takes up health care with Rand Paul, on golf course

• By catherine lucey, associated press

WASHINGTON — Apr 2, 2017, 5:20 PM ET

President Donald Trump brought Sen. Rand Paul to his Virginia golf course on Sunday to talk health policy with the outspoken critic of the failed plan to repeal and replace so-called Obamacare.
    The outing to Trump National Golf Club came hours after Trump tweeted that talks on replacing the law have been going on and "will continue until such time as a deal is hopefully struck."
    He added that anyone who thinks the effort is dead "does not know the love and strength in R Party!"

Trump golfed and discussed policy with Paul and budget director Mick Mulvaney, said White House spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham.
    Paul came out strongly against the House GOP legislation, and its collapse humiliated Trump in the early days of his administration. After their golf excursion, Paul struck a positive tone, calling it a "great day" with the president.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...-paul-46525474

Related

Poll: Would you prefer to see Rand Paul, Freedom Caucus and President Trump join forces?

I'm sure if Hillary won, she would be inviting Rand Paul over for some Spirit Cooking in order to find ways to make healthcare more affordable. /s
    +

This is a fantastic sign. Trump has major issues, but at least he is consulting with Rand Paul which would have been unthinkable had Hillary won.
    +

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Yes, seems that way.
    And this also indicates that Trump has started to see reality of new political landscape and sees Rand's stature in GOP/US Politics.

Trump takes up health care with Rand Paul, on golf course

• By catherine lucey, associated press

WASHINGTON — Apr 2, 2017, 5:20 PM ET

President Donald Trump brought Sen. Rand Paul to his Virginia golf course on Sunday to talk health policy with the outspoken critic of the failed plan to repeal and replace so-called Obamacare.
    The outing to Trump National Golf Club came hours after Trump tweeted that talks on replacing the law have been going on and "will continue until such time as a deal is hopefully struck."
    He added that anyone who thinks the effort is dead "does not know the love and strength in R Party!"

Trump golfed and discussed policy with Paul and budget director Mick Mulvaney, said White House spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham.
    Paul came out strongly against the House GOP legislation, and its collapse humiliated Trump in the early days of his administration. After their golf excursion, Paul struck a positive tone, calling it a "great day" with the president.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...-paul-46525474

Related

Poll: Would you prefer to see Rand Paul, Freedom Caucus and President Trump join forces?

Paul Ryan and McCain were paid by Soros to hurt Trump.

Rand Paul isn't trying to hurt Trump. Trump should be buddies with Rand Paul and the rest of the guys we like. It seems that's the case these days, and that's a good thing.

It's not like Trump has all these long lasting political allies, the deep state seems to really dislike him, GOP Rinos don't seem to like him all that much, with Rand and the Freedom Caucus, they'll like Trump to the extent that Trump does what they want, and they should be able to get that some of the time.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just 70 days in and Rand is already getting a lot of time with Trump (on the phone 2-3 times a week). Great start to an 8 year relationship.

If Rand pulls this off, his political capital will be valuable for tax reform as well.

I'm sure Mick Mulvaney is happy to have another conservative talking to Trump, makes his job easier.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

My glass is half full.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Rand speaks from the links

You're clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Yes and no.

There has to be some sort of constant right opposition when Trump screws up. And there also needs to be people who are willing to keep the lines of communication open. I see it as good cop/bad cop although I honestly don't know if they've thought it through that far.

I also think that when Trump does the right thing that Amash is intellectually honest enough to lay off for a bit.

Is this damaging Amash? I don't know, it depends on his district.
    ^This. Without Amash standing up to Trump's bullying Rand would not have gotten the invite.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Why do they bother you so much?

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Why do they bother you so much?

They don't.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

They don't.
    I see...

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The photo of Rand in the blue polo shirt with Trump in the white polo shirt and red cap is from the 2014 golf match.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What will Rand cave on?

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You're clueless.

^This. Without Amash standing up to Trump's bullying Rand would not have gotten the invite.
    You're clueless. Rand and Trump had already been talking frequently.

Amash has been unprofessional since the guy he endorsed, Ted Cruz, lost the nomination.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    What will Rand cave on?
    I doubt he will cave on anything, Rand has read The Art of the Deal tactics, and knows not to cave when Donald comes to him desperate for a win.

Rand and Trump have been talking 2-3 times a week over the phone, according to Rand...

So this invite for golf is obviously the two men continuing their now normal talks in person, probably coming closer and closer to a deal.

Amash being feisty had nothing to do with this.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

If there's a shutdown on April 28, Trump is going to need Rand.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

They both prob typed out the tweets that day. Keep crying Hillary fan boy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast