Thread: Trump Bump Over?

Trump Bump Over?

Markets had been rising fairly steadily for several months and continued when Trump took office but the recent Trump failures (immigration ban, TrumpCare) have increased uncertainty for the future.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...hcare-setback/

Trump slump: Dollar sinks to four-month low and Dow Jones heads for longest losing streak since 2011 on reflation trade doubts

The dollar plunged to a four-month low and US equities came under heavy selling pressure as investors lost confidence in Donald Trump’s ability to deliver on his ambitious economic agenda, after Friday’s healthcare reform defeat.

In a stunning setback, the US President failed to rally enough support from his own Republican party to repeal and replace Obamacare, which was billed as his first major test since taking office in January.

The dollar index, which hit a 14-year high in early January, sank below 99.0 for the first time since November 11, two days after Trump’s presidential victory. The dollar weakness lifted the pound across $1.26 against the US dollar for the first time since February 2, while the euro surged to a four-month high of $1.09.

Meanwhile, the Dow Jones was nursing triple digit losses, of 169.94 points, at the opening bell. The Nasdaq and the S&P 500 opened 53.7 and 20.34 points lower, respectively.

However, US stocks came off session lows in late trading as investors picked up beaten-down stocks. Despite more than halving its losses in late trade, the Dow Jones remained on track for an eight-day losing streak, its longest since August 2011.
    Michael Hewson, of CMC Markets, said: “Having overseen a strong rally in stock markets over the past few months the new US president is learning a hard lesson in the differences between campaign promises and the ability to deliver them in a difficult political environment.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dow is actually up since Donny took office. I am not even reading your other crap. If you want to actually have an honest-to-goodness debate on here, then let's debate. I have never seen you have one ever on this forum.

http://money.cnn.com/data/markets/dow/
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I finished my taxes today , I have been doing my part . I bought a cash 950 dollar american made washing machine this week and the dang thing is only 3.3 cubic feet . I freed up another 850 to buy a couple more trees , some chicken wire , ammo and silver this week . You guys just are not spending enough money . Must be the path to prosperity , look @ the govt. LOL
    Do something Danke

The markets do what the markets do.

They react to more things than a single president.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I finished my taxes today , I have been doing my part . I bought a cash 950 dollar american made washing machine this week and the dang thing is only 3.3 cubic feet . I freed up another 850 to buy a couple more trees , some chicken wire , ammo and silver this week . You guys just are not spending enough money . Must be the path to prosperity , look @ the govt. LOL
    Finished my donation forms tonight. They said I gave them too much and will send some back to me.