Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women Athletes Crushed by Transgenders Competing in Women's Sports

Women Athletes Crushed by Transgenders Competing in Women's Sports

Women Athletes Crushed by Transgenders Competing in Women's Sports
    http://www.wnd.com/2017/03/female-at...were-once-men/

Transgenders dominate in weightlifting, track, wrestling, football, basketball, mixed martial arts ... Biological males are joining women’s teams, smashing records and dominating in sports such as weightlifting, softball, cycling, track, wrestling, football, volleyball, dodgeball, handball, cricket, golf, basketball and mixed martial arts. ...

Transgender weightlifter Laurel Hubbard, who was born a man, won the Australian international women’s competition March 19.

Transgender cyclist Jillian Bearden, a 36-year-old biological male and Colorado Springs native, won the women’s division of the El Tour de Tucson

Transgender football player Christina Ginther, who was born a male and is six feet tall, has sued a semi-pro women’s football team for discrimination and is now playing for another women’s football team.

Transgender MMA fighter Fallon Fox, born a man, gave his female opponent a concussion and broke her eye socket in 2015.

Gabrielle Ludwig, 50, who was born Robert, joined the women’s basketball team at Mission College in Santa Clara, California, in 2012. ... Ludwig played on the women’s team even though he was a male college basketball player in 1980

Transgender Hannah Mouncey, 26, a biological male, was previously captain of a men’s handball team in Canberra, Australia. He played 22 games for the men’s team, including the 2013 World Championships and qualifications for the 2016 Olympic Games.... In August 2016, Mouncey announced he would be joining the Australian women’s handball team

http://www.wnd.com/2017/03/female-at...were-once-men/

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Equality!

$#@!in' idiots.

Okay. Sorry but "she" still looks like a man. 100% dude. I wouldn't bat an eye if I saw "her" in the men's restroom.

"She" looks like a woman.

"She" looks like....not sure.

Total dude.

"She" looks like Bruce Jenner. Not Kaitlan Jenner. Bruce Jenner.

"She" looks freaking scary!

"She" looks like a Russian human enhancement project gone awry.

"She" looks like a dude in a dress.

Anyway, I hope transgender women start winning all of the medals in the Olympics. I hope they start getting all of the grants that are supposed to go to women in business. I hope feminists start getting beaten by the very competition they fostered and created. It would be fun to see 7 foot transgender women dunking on the naturally shorter biological women in the WNBA and for this to get so over the top that women start demanding "discrimination" against transgender women. That would be fun to watch.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

LMAO! "She" sure does.

Anyway, I hope transgender women start winning all of the medals in the Olympics. I hope they start getting all of the grants that are supposed to go to women in business. I hope feminists start getting beaten by the very competition they fostered and created. It would be fun to see 7 foot transgender women dunking on the naturally shorter biological women in the WNBA and for this to get so over the top that women start demanding "discrimination" against transgender women. That would be fun to watch.
    Me, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Joe Rogan has been attacked repeatedly for pointing out the advantage male to female transgender athletes have in combat sports.

Male born people have genetically higher bone and muscle density and larger hands/fists. People freaked out lol.

Apparently many feminists oppose transgenders and have for years.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/08/04/woman-2

The dispute began more than forty years ago, at the height of the second-wave feminist movement. In one early skirmish, in 1973, the West Coast Lesbian Conference, in Los Angeles, furiously split over a scheduled performance by the folksinger Beth Elliott, who is what was then called a transsexual. Robin Morgan, the keynote speaker, said:

I will not call a male “she”; thirty-two years of suffering in this androcentric society, and of surviving, have earned me the title “woman”; one walk down the street by a male transvestite, five minutes of his being hassled (which he may enjoy), and then he dares, he dares to think he understands our pain? No, in our mothers’ names and in our own, we must not call him sister.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

There is a bitter, ugly and frankly hilarious "turf battle" going on in the freakshow sewer that passes for left wing "intellectualism" between the Frankenpeople (transqu eers) and "TERFs" (Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminists).

Have a look:

http://theterfs.com/

IRL Violence Motivated by TERF Ideology

Sandy Stone, victim of attempted murder by TERF group:

Sandy Stone recounts the time when Olivia Records (a lesbian separatist, radical feminist women’s music collective) came under attack for being trans inclusive: “We were getting hate mail about me.… The death threats were directed at me, but there were violent consequences proposed for the Collective if they didn’t get rid of me.”

Olivia and Stone were informed that a TERF group named The Gorgons asserted that they would murder Stone if Olivia’s show came to Seattle. Stone said that the Olivia show was “probably the only women’s music tour that was ever done with serious muscle security.”

Making good on their threats, armed Gorgons came to the show but was disarmed by Olivia security. Stone said, “In fact, Gorgons did come and they did have guns taken away from them. I was terrified. During a break between a musical number someone shouted out ‘GORGONS!’ and I made it from my seat at the console to under the table the console was on at something like superluminal speed. I stayed under there until it was clear that I wasn’t about to be shot.

Cis radical feminist Robin Tyler beaten by TERFs, recounting attempted bashing of Beth Elliott:

“We defended Beth Eliot. Robin Morgan came up with this horrible speech and when Beth went on stage to play her guitar and sing, [TERFs] started threatening her. Patty [Harrison] and I jumped on stage and we got hit, because they came onto the stage to physically beat her.”

Lesbian Avengers mobbed by TERFs, threatened with knife in front of MichFest audience:

“A huge crowd of yelling people formed around us and I started crying at that point. It got so loud that Nomy Lamm, who was performing there as part of Sister Spit, came over and stood up for us… The crowd and me were walked over to a tent area. The way that it worked was that there was a queue of people who were going to get to say whatever they wanted to say. I remember, specifically, one woman looking right at me and telling me that I needed to leave the Land as soon as possible because she had a knife and didn’t know if she would be able to control herself if I was around her.”

Stonewall Riot veteran Sylvia Rivera, victim of beating organized by a TERF opinion leader:

“‘Jean O’Leary, a founder of Radicalesbians, decided that drag queens were insulting to women… I had been told I was going to speak at the rally… She told Vito Russo to kick my ass onstage… but I still got up and spoke my piece.’ Although Rivera was famously quoted as saying in response, ‘Hell hath no fury like a drag queen scorned,’ this incident precipitated yet another suicide attempt on her part. Jean O’Leary later reversed her position, and she and Sylvia ultimately remained respectful peers, but the events of that day in 1973 ultimately took something out of Sylvia Rivera. In the succeeding years, Sylvia Rivera’s participation in ‘the movement’ waned. Although she attended every Christopher Street Liberation Day Parade (with the exception of two) until her death, Sylvia’s formal participation in organizations like the GLF and the GAA came to a halt.” – Susan Glisson (Ed), The Human Tradition in the Civil Rights Movement, p 325

Cis & trans activists threatened at MichFest, inspiring the Camp Trans movement:

“Some people in the festival began harassing us and then around noon on Wednesday or Thursday, the festival security stopped by and told us that the trans women in our group would have to leave, ‘for their own safety.’

Tensions were definitely rising, we were told. We had scheduled to do some workshops and some folks were definitely hostile. We were told that, for our own safety, the trans women would need to leave the festival as soon as possible. It was a situation.

We decided that I would stay inside the festival to continue educating people and the other folks would set up camp across the street from the festival in protest.”

State of California documents trans deaths attributable to barriers in accessing trans health care:

“In this study, the strongest predictor associated with the risk of suicide was gender-based discrimination that included ‘problems getting health or medical services due to their gender identity or presentation…’ Notably, this gender-based discrimination was a more reliable predictor of suicide than depression, history of alcohol/drug abuse treatment, physical victimization, or sexual assault. These studies provide overwhelming evidence that removing discriminatory barriers to treatment results in significantly lower suicide rates.”

What does Danke think about all this?
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Damn censor...

Why I no longer hate ‘TERFs’

http://www.feministcurrent.com/2015/...er-hate-terfs/

NOVEMBER 10, 2015 by PENNY WHITE
    5.3K 2 476
    When all else fails, call your opponents TERFs. Regardless of the subject matter of the disagreement. TERF = Witch. pic.twitter.com/x4sLBhlOZZ

— Becca Reilly-Cooper (@boodleoops) November 8, 2015
    I used to hate so-called TERFs (Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminists). I thought they were mean, vicious, horrible people — an affront to feminism, to social justice, and to political purity. They were no better than puppy-kickers and kitten-killers in my mind. But, while I continue to fully embrace my transgender sisters in the fight against patriarchy, I will no longer vilify my feminist sisters who don’t. And beyond its convenience in writing this article, I will no longer use the word “TERF.”

Women are socialized to be caretakers. We learn to put everyone else’s needs before our own and, likewise, we are socialized to believe that everyone else’s oppression is more important than ours — especially the oppression of biological males. The oppression of men of colour by whites, for example, has always been taken more seriously than the oppression of women of colour. Police violence against women of colour receives far less coverage than police violence against men of colour.

In a recent interview, Fay Blaney criticized male leaders in Indigenous communities for failing to address the violence that happens against women in these communities. The most marginalized people in the world are poor women of color, yet progressives seem more concerned with the rights of gay men to marry than they are with confronting the trafficking and exploitation of these women by the multi-billion dollar sex industry. Lesbians were front and center supporting gay men during the AIDS crisis, but gay men could hardly be called “front and centre” when it comes to fighting for reproductive justice for women. Men on the left have a long history of ignoring women’s issues, seeing feminism as “bourgeois” and women’s concerns as unimportant — personal, not political.

Recently Caitlin Jenner was honoured at Glamour’s “Woman of the Year” awards, but Chaz Bono has yet to be nominated as “Man of the Year” by his brothers. The closest he got was a “Person of the Year” award at LA’s gay pride festival. I can only imagine how enthusiastically men would embrace an Esquire or GQ cover proclaiming Chaz Bono “Man of the Year…”

Yet Caitlin Jenner, a conservative Republican and deadbeat dad, who used to hang out at the Playboy Mansion and who can’t even be bothered to support gay marriage (because it’s not “traditional”), is championed by women. We celebrate her even though she supports a political party that seeks to systematically eliminate the reproductive rights of women. But because Jenner is transgender, understood to be a member of an oppressed group (despite her wealth and whiteness), we must consider her feelings and needs above our own. Because that’s what women are socialized to do. Is it impossible to understand why some women might be angry about this?

Females have never been the “default” human — that honor has always gone to males. And now we don’t even get to be the default woman. We are now labeled non-trans or “cis” women. Some trans activists are even claiming it is “cissexist” or “transmisogynist” just to refer to pregnant women as women. The Midwives Association of North America (MANA) will no longer use the term “pregnant woman” because they have been informed this is transphobic. Instead, they will use the term “pregnant person,” because it is now considered bigoted to imply a direct connection between women and pregnancy. So “womanhood” has been erased from the language of midwives in order to protect the feelings of a tiny percentage of the trans community.

It isn’t uncommon for transactivists to take offence to the acknowledgement of us breeders and bleeders. Author and trans activist, Julia Serano, tweeted that “contraception-centric feminism” has been “alienating” for her. Yeah, well, that tweet is pretty alienating to the hundreds of thousands of women who have lost access (or are in danger of losing access) to reproductive freedom over the past few years in the U.S. and to those still struggling for basic rights. I mean, what’s more important? That women have access to abortion and contraceptives or that people who aren’t female don’t feel “alienated?” Another popular genderqu eer activist, Laurie Penny, wrote an article for Buzzfeed complaining that feminism’s “focus on women” was “alienating” to the qu eer community. We are talking about the women’s movement here, aren’t we?
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-28-2017 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    There is a bitter, ugly and frankly hilarious "turf battle" going on in the freakshow sewer that passes for left wing "intellectualism" between the Frankenpeople (transqu eers) and "TERFs" (Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminists).
    hahahahahahaha

I can't wait. In 10 years, no more female sports records. I mean, ok that's not nice. But women have generally been in favor of gender madness so..

Btw I also am in favor of extending reproductive freedom to me killing children who scream and cry in the supermarket.

There used to be a lot of suspicion and hush-hush about these athletes, but now it's all out in the open. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Have a look:

Sandy Stone recounts the time when Olivia Records (a lesbian separatist, radical feminist women’s music collective) came under attack for being trans inclusive: “We were getting hate mail about me.… The death threats were directed at me, but there were violent consequences proposed for the Collective if they didn’t get rid of me.”

Olivia and Stone were informed that a TERF group named The Gorgons asserted that they would murder Stone if Olivia’s show came to Seattle. Stone said that the Olivia show was “probably the only women’s music tour that was ever done with serious muscle security.”

Making good on their threats, armed Gorgons came to the show but was disarmed by Olivia security. Stone said, “In fact, Gorgons did come and they did have guns taken away from them. I was terrified. During a break between a musical number someone shouted out ‘GORGONS!’ and I made it from my seat at the console to under the table the console was on at something like superluminal speed. I stayed under there until it was clear that I wasn’t about to be shot.

Cis radical feminist Robin Tyler beaten by TERFs, recounting attempted bashing of Beth Elliott:

“We defended Beth Eliot. Robin Morgan came up with this horrible speech and when Beth went on stage to play her guitar and sing, [TERFs] started threatening her. Patty [Harrison] and I jumped on stage and we got hit, because they came onto the stage to physically beat her.”

Lesbian Avengers mobbed by TERFs, threatened with knife in front of MichFest audience:

“A huge crowd of yelling people formed around us and I started crying at that point. It got so loud that Nomy Lamm, who was performing there as part of Sister Spit, came over and stood up for us… The crowd and me were walked over to a tent area. The way that it worked was that there was a queue of people who were going to get to say whatever they wanted to say. I remember, specifically, one woman looking right at me and telling me that I needed to leave the Land as soon as possible because she had a knife and didn’t know if she would be able to control herself if I was around her.”

Stonewall Riot veteran Sylvia Rivera, victim of beating organized by a TERF opinion leader:

“‘Jean O’Leary, a founder of Radicalesbians, decided that drag queens were insulting to women… I had been told I was going to speak at the rally… She told Vito Russo to kick my ass onstage… but I still got up and spoke my piece.’ Although Rivera was famously quoted as saying in response, ‘Hell hath no fury like a drag queen scorned,’ this incident precipitated yet another suicide attempt on her part. Jean O’Leary later reversed her position, and she and Sylvia ultimately remained respectful peers, but the events of that day in 1973 ultimately took something out of Sylvia Rivera. In the succeeding years, Sylvia Rivera’s participation in ‘the movement’ waned. Although she attended every Christopher Street Liberation Day Parade (with the exception of two) until her death, Sylvia’s formal participation in organizations like the GLF and the GAA came to a halt.” – Susan Glisson (Ed), The Human Tradition in the Civil Rights Movement, p 325

Cis & trans activists threatened at MichFest, inspiring the Camp Trans movement:

“Some people in the festival began harassing us and then around noon on Wednesday or Thursday, the festival security stopped by and told us that the trans women in our group would have to leave, ‘for their own safety.’

Tensions were definitely rising, we were told. We had scheduled to do some workshops and some folks were definitely hostile. We were told that, for our own safety, the trans women would need to leave the festival as soon as possible. It was a situation.

We decided that I would stay inside the festival to continue educating people and the other folks would set up camp across the street from the festival in protest.”

State of California documents trans deaths attributable to barriers in accessing trans health care:

“In this study, the strongest predictor associated with the risk of suicide was gender-based discrimination that included ‘problems getting health or medical services due to their gender identity or presentation…’ Notably, this gender-based discrimination was a more reliable predictor of suicide than depression, history of alcohol/drug abuse treatment, physical victimization, or sexual assault. These studies provide overwhelming evidence that removing discriminatory barriers to treatment results in significantly lower suicide rates.”
    The loving liberals sure are a violet bunch.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Have a look:

LOL. This belongs here.

Edit: Note the woman who made that video is an anti-feminist lesbian.

(Edit 2: Lord I wish she was straight or at least bi because I would certainly want to marry her.)
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    They turn that color when they literally lose their minds, which happens quite often. They are pretty violent too.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Ironically, she also identifies as a dwarf.

She doesn't pass for one though.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, they are, quite literally, stark raving nuts.

Insane people usually have self control issues.

Everybody seemed content...
    Fifty dollars paid the rent...
    All the freaks were in circus tents...
    Those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    What a lovely woman.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I'd take an average TERF over a 3rd waver any day. A friend of mine in SF is a lesbian TERF and I've had far more reasonable disagreements with her than the hundreds of SJWs I've known over the years.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    I'd take an average TERF over a 3rd waver any day. A friend of mine in SF is a lesbian TERF and I've had far more reasonable disagreements with her than the hundreds of SJWs I've known over the years.
    I think they are all nucking futz.

That said, I guess you're right, the TERFs seemed to be right...maybe for the wrong reasons, but right nonetheless.

The insanity is in even having to have this "discussion".

"Transitioning"...pffft...you're not "transitioning" into any $#@!ing thing outside of a mad science experiment gone horribly wrong.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-28-2017 at 01:32 AM.

I think they are all nucking futz.

That said, I guess you're right, the TERFs seemed to be right...maybe for the wrong reasons, but right nonetheless.

The insanity is in even having to have this "discussion".

"Transitioning"...pffft...you're not "transitioning" into any $#@!ing thing outside of a mad science experiment gone horribly wrong.

Homogametics needs to step up their game.

Yes , where does Danke stand on this ?
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Yes , where does Danke stand on this ?
    Wherever he's standing, I'd guess he's doing it in ladies stockings...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ighlight=danke

Wherever he's standing, I'd guess he's doing it in ladies stockings...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ighlight=danke
    In the cockpit , loafing @ work of course . Holding america back from being great again ..........
    Do something Danke

He's so privileged he can demand preferential treatment wherever he wants no matter how trans he's feeling on any given day. :P
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 03-28-2017 at 09:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

This is the sort of lunacy that leads to bloody revolutions where entire classes of people are murdered.

So let them keep pushing this nonsense. The day may come when all this freakish stupidity will be put to ends. If such a day comes, it will be spectacularly ugly in result and many innocents will pay for the sins of the guilty. THAT is reason sufficient that we all need to be well educated, carry the right attitude about things such as respect for our fellows, and be MURDEROUSLY intolerant of those who would steer us astray from the most basic proprieties.

But we choose otherwise and the cycles continue, always resulting in huge massacres. This has been the history of Empire; why should it be different now?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Me too.

And they shouldn't wear dresses or even bother trying to look even slightly feminine or out of the ordinary. They should flaunt their total maleness so blatantly that nobody can question it, and make perfectly clear that the only basis for counting them as female is that they checked off that box on a form.

America is full of young men with dreams of playing professional basketball who didn't make it, but who would totally dominate the WNBA. They could take that league over 100% and not leave even one spot left for someone with a vagina to fill.

And please, don't take the last phrase of the above paragraph the wrong way.

Transgender volleyball player has eyes on 2020 Olympics

http://nbc4i.com/2017/03/21/transgen...2020-olympics/

HONOLULU, HI (KHNL) As sports organizations around the world continue to update their guidelines to make it easier for transgender athletes to compete with the gender they choose it’s becoming a controversial topic in Hawaii’s volleyball community.

“It’s a touchy subject because volleyball is a main sport here,” says Tia Thompson, a transgender athlete.

Born a male, Thompson knew at an early age something wasn’t right. She says she only hung out with girls and liked girl things.

“Because of my religious background with my dad’s side and my mom’s side, we didn’t speak of it, but we knew. As soon as I turned 18 and I moved out, I started transitioning and started taking hormones,” Thompson says.

The now 32-year old says volleyball has been the constant in a life full of changes. In January, she was just approved by USA Volleyball to compete as a woman. Before that, she was required to play in the men’s division at all USAV sanctioned events.

USAV requires transgender women to undergo hormone replacement therapy consistently for at least one year — with proper documentation — and they also have to change their identification, like passports and birth certificates, to female. Before, some organizations, including the Olympics, would require trans athletes to have sex reassignment surgery.

“It took me three years to finally get approved with all the transitioning and all the hormone therapy and submitting all my paperwork to the gender committee,” she said.

There has been some push back from the community. Players and parents we spoke to who did not want to be on camera say it’s not fair for teams with biological women because it creates an unrealistic level of competition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast