Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Failed Because His Bill Was A Dumpster Fire

Ryan Failed Because His Bill Was A Dumpster Fire

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...er-fire-214952

This is the thing:
    As the conservative health-care analyst Philip Klein notes, the contrast with Obamacare couldn’t have been greater. Well before the Obama presidency, Democratic congressional leaders, interest groups and policy experts prepared the groundwork for the ACA, hammering out messy compromises, aligning House committees, working with presidential candidates Hillary Clinton, John Edwards and Barack Obama, all of whom proposed plans similar to what became the ACA. Then in 2009 and 2010, the House and Senate held dozens of hearings over the course of months, not days, and accepted more than 150 Republican amendments along the way. Learning the lessons of President Bill Clinton’s prior failed health reform effort, President Obama let Pelosi and her Senate counterpart Harry Reid take the lead, but he knew the intricacies of the legislation inside and out. Ryan and Trump threw in the towel after just 18 days.
    The GOP had 6 years. They just suck donkey balls.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    The article goes on to say they had no idea the GOP was going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    That's a possibility but they have had plenty of time to prepare.

That's a possibility but they have had plenty of time to prepare.
    They just didn't. Stupid bastards.

This is the thing:

Ryan intentionally stabbed DJT in his back.

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

It is amazing how unqualified they are. How stupid do you need to be for someone to bring it to your attention?

Almost everone in the know thought this would fail, why Ryan kept pushing it? Was it staged?

Or were there additional purposes like to distract media's attention from news of 200 civilians killed in Iraq in US-led raid?

This who events/media reporting cycle has been bizzare, almost illogical on the surface.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Being "Bannoned"......

This guy is a toast. Incompetence in full display for the nation to see. Concrete shoes.

What do you do when Americans decide that healthcare is a human right? We abandoned being a free country long ago so now Republicans have to decide how to react.

Reactivate free market healthcare and risk getting voted out.

American's, for the most part, don't give a $#@! about rights and want the government to guarantee the longest life they can achieve.. The constitution or bill of rights doesn't matter. Natural laws especially don't matter either.

Maybe not this time, but they have a long long history of being nothing more than "loyal opposition".

Outside of a few "true believers" they are much closer in thinking to democrats than they would like to admit.

They really do think all of us are nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    Don't think it was an intentional backstabbing like conspiring to set up Trump to be humiliated, that would make Paul Ryan severely short sighted. I think Paul Ryan had no choice but to bring in that insurance lobby approved POS. He told Trump it was passable and he probably thought it was.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to angelatc again.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    What do you do when Americans decide that healthcare is a human right? We abandoned being a free country long ago so now Republicans have to decide how to react.

American's, for the most part, don't give a $#@! about rights and want the government to guarantee the longest life they can achieve.. The constitution or bill of rights doesn't matter. Natural laws especially don't matter either.
    Yep. There is only one way from here. Looks like we will have to fight more wars to close the deficit gap. Soldier, would you fight for your country's debt?

Fed.

Entertained.

Exercising petty power.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Fed.

Entertained.

Exercising petty power.
    What's not to like?

This is the sad reality we live in, and the repubs don't have the balls to do what Trump and they promised. Because even the repub voters would scream bloody murder if they actually "Reactivate free market healthcare".
    Last edited by Origanalist; 03-25-2017 at 11:21 PM.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    Being "Bannoned"......

I didn't think Ryan was on his way out.

But if Fox is saying it,

ya.. could happen.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

What's not to like?
    I'm lovin' it
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

"The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    That statement would have a lot more oomph if the libertarian party had the balls necessary to be a competitive party.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

This is the thing:

All they had to do was to re-introduce the clean repeal bills they had been introducing all along or just go with Rand's bill. Instead....

Of course here's the million dollar question. Where the hell was the so called "tea party?" The narrative in the MSM is that "even in red districts constituents are demanding congressmen protect Obamacare." Really? Okay maybe 100 out of 100,000, but all 100 showed up. Where were all the people who had been at all of the right wing rallies demanding this and that? Has the tea party been effectively neutered by the GOP? (rhetorical question.)
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Tea party has been a joke for years. I remember when I was doing the delegate thing for Ron Paul in 2012 my local Tea Party was supporting Rick Santorum, yuck.

Jan2017

I maybe could make some argument that the federal government could have some function to provide catastrophic healthcare coverage,
    more as a public health argument perhaps.

But the individual healthcare could be better left to the states - states could be the association of pooled risk talked about, maybe.
    But that is for the insurance industry, not government.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 03-26-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Well, there are only eleventy million "think tanks" out there. One would think that at least one of them would have come up with a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Well, there are only eleventy million "think tanks" out there. One would think that at least one of them would have come up with a plan.
    All they had to do was call me .
    Do something Danke

I don't live in the US and avoid MSM, so this is the first time i've seen Judge Jeanine. I am absolutely stunned by how twisted and sick her voice is... Can any of you listen to that for more than 10 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    All they had to do was call me .
    You are not a government sycophant. I do not think they would allow you in one of their "think tanks."

Last edited by phill4paul; 03-26-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast