Thread: BREAKING-Cop found guilty of lesser charge of manslaughter in six year old's death

Exclamation BREAKING-Cop found guilty of lesser charge of manslaughter in six year old's death

I don't find this a particularly good example of "justice".

Better than walking I suppose, which is what I figured would happen.

GUILTY! Cop Convicted in Gruesome Killing of 6-Year-Old Jeremy Mardis

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop...4OmhME92IUh.99

Claire Bernish March 25, 2017

Marksville, LA — In one of the rarest moves against law enforcement excessive force, former Louisiana police Officer Derrick Stafford has been found guilty of manslaughter and attempted manslaughter in the horrific fatal shooting of a six-year-old with autism on November 3, 2015.

Stafford had been charged with murder and second-degree murder.

Captured on police dash and body cameras, the grisly incident stunned the nation for a second time when video was eventually released evincing Stafford and a second officer, Norris Greenhouse, shooting irresponsibly into the vehicle driven by Christopher Few following a brief pursuit — even though the father raised his arms in compliance with the cops’ orders.

Without being fired upon, the pair of sadistic cops inexplicably fired 18 rounds into the car.

Four bullets tore through the flesh of Few’s son, Jeremy Mardis — any one of which could have been fatal.

Stafford and Greenhouse have fought in court and the theater of public opinion to shirk responsibility for the barbaric attack on an unarmed man and his autistic son — even going so far as to blame the child for having been fatally shot — so Friday’s ruling is a welcome gesture of justice for Few and his family.

“I felt I had no choice but to save Norris,” Stafford insisted, failing to elaborate on the fact Few had not been armed. “That is the only reason I fired my weapon.”

As Avoyelles Today reports, “Stafford was a passenger in the Marksville City Marshal’s unit driven by Jason Brouillette that night. He said they were responding to Norris Greenhouse Jr.’s call for assistance when they saw Few’s Kia Sport coming toward them on Preston Street. Brouillette angled his vehicle to block Few, but Few went around the patrol unit. There was no contact between the two vehicles […]

“Stafford said Few backed up and struck Greenhouse’s vehicle while Greenhouse was standing at the front of the car. Few pulled forward, looked back and was backing up again.”

Both officers had claimed to ‘fear for their lives’ — (even saying, contrary to video evidence, the father swerved his car in the cops’ direction) — that would typically be law enforcement’s blanket excuse and ticket to impunity akin to the game, Monopoly’s ‘Get Out of Jail Free’ card.

Stafford said in court he shot to protect Greenhouse from Few’s vehicle, which he believed posed an imminent threat when the father put it in reverse, possibly to flee the scene.

“Then, when he puts up his hands, you shoot him,” Assistant Attorney General John Sinquefield said to Stafford in court proceedings.

“I did not see his hands go up,” the former cop rebutted.

Stafford added he did not intend to kill Few — much less, the child he claimed not to observe in the front seat — but that he just wanted to “stop a threat.”

Mardis could not be seen in the passenger side, Stafford asserted — and he would not have fired had he been aware of the child’s presence.

“Never in a million years would I have fired my weapon if I knew a child was in that car. I would have called off the pursuit myself,” he stated.

“As we have said all along, our goal in this case was to get justice for Jeremy Mardis, his family, and the people of Louisiana. Today, that happened,” Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry said in a statement cited by CBS News.

Greenhouse has been charged identically to Stafford, with trial set to begin September 12.

Two other officers on the scene that night, Lt. Jason Brouillette and Sgt., Kenneth Parnell, did not fire their weapons that night, and thus have not been charged.

Stafford and Greenhouse had been moonlighting at the time of the tragic killing.

Derrick Stafford’s conviction, while reduced from the more serious charge of second-degree murder, is a rarity for a law enforcement officer, as an epidemic of police violence — evidenced handily in the killing of Jeremy Mardis — seems to continue unabated, leaving most victims without any recourse, much less justice.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let's just hope that the judge throws out the jury's verdict because this isn't the way this was supposed to go.

Maybe the judge can sentence them to just some probation.

In B4 BMX042.

Sure, it's obvious now that they were unarmed, but you can't Monday morning quarterback that $#@!.

That 6 y/o autistic kid could have been armed for all they knew. And they didn't even know he was in the car, so that's even more dangerous.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

And I don't get why just the simple fact that there was a car, isn't enough to justify the Officer's life was in danger.

Cars are $#@!ing dangerous, and they take many cops' lives each year.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Not. Good. Enough.

40 years. Better outcome than I would have guessed.

MARKSVILLE, LA (WAFB) -
    Derrick Stafford was sentenced Friday, March 31 to 40 years in prison in connection with a shooting in which a 6-year-old boy was killed and his father was injured.

The 33-year-old former deputy marshal was sentenced to 40 years for manslaughter and 15 years for attempted manslaughter. The sentences will run concurrently, which means he will serve them at the same time for a total of 40 years.
    http://www.wafb.com/story/35040641/d...-year-old-dead

From same link:

Bertha Walker Andrews, Stafford's aunt, refused to hold back after learning her nephew's fate. She blasted the judge’s ruling, calling the sentence a modern day form of slavery.

"All of you that prosecuted him and all of you that have this hatred in your heart, I hope you die and when you die, you go to Hell,” Andrews said. "Because a black man ain't had no right to kill no white man. It ain't changed. Y'all can call it what you want to."
    Fvck you. He murdered a six year old. This ain't about race no matter how much you want to make it out to be.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-01-2017 at 07:56 AM.

Here's the two POS;

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Here's the two POS;

Good news for these guys.

They can go to the rodeo.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cop Who Killed 6yo Autistic Boy Had History of “Satisfying His Sexual Desires” ON-DUTY

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/bre...toward-mother/

By
    Jack Burns -
    April 13, 2017
    greenhouse, sexual

Marksville, LA — The officer-involved wounding of Christopher Few and the murder of his son Jeremy Mardis has taken a perverse and bizarre turn, if prosecutors of former Marksville, Lousiana Police Officer Norris Greenhouse, Jr. are to be believed. Marksville law enforcement officer, Derrick Stafford, was recently convicted of manslaughter and attempted manslaughter in the shooting that led to Mardis’ death, and Few’s close brush with death. Now it’s Greenhouse’s turn to be tried for second-degree murder and attempted second-degree murder.

In a recent court filing, Greenhouse was accused by prosecutors of having a habit of abusing the authority implicit in his badge to “satisfy his sexual desires.” According to the Associated Press, “The Avoyelles Parish Sheriff’s Office fired Norris Greenhouse Jr. for “abandoning his job” after the mother of a 14-year-old girl complained in 2012 that she found him lying on a sofa with her daughter while he was dressed in his sheriff’s office uniform, prosecutors said in Friday’s filing.”

As the Free Thought Project previously reported, Greenhouse had a history with Few’s then-fiancé. Now, prosecutors also agree and have alleged Greenhouse had previously made “sexual advances” towards his ex-fiancé, Megan Dixon. So, it’s now becoming clear why Few may have fled from police in November of 2015. Greenhouse may have wanted him dead so he could have his way with Dixon.

The chase was caught on police body cameras and shows Few was unarmed, sitting in his small SUV, when Greenhouse opened fire, wounding Few and killing his autistic son. The chase was hardly record breaking, lasting only 2 miles before ending in a hail gunfire, and yet the officers displayed what appears to be an urgency to kill Few.
    READ MORE: After 500 DC Kids Go Missing in 2017, Police Advise Kids to "Stay Home" to Avoid Sex Trafficking

Prosecutors now want the evidence made available to jurors for an upcoming trial involving Greenhouse. “Prosecutors argue that jurors for Greenhouse’s trial should hear these allegations because they could help explain why Greenhouse initiated the pursuit,” writes the AP.

Assistant Attorney General Matthew Derbes reportedly stated Greenhouse “has established a pattern of approaching women or teenage girls while ‘on the clock’ as a law enforcement officer and using the means at his disposal due to said employment to solicit those victims in an effort to satisfy his sexual desires.” Greenhouse’ attorney George Higgins III said prosecutors are attempting to “tarnish” their client’s reputation with “unfounded allegations” that are “clearly inadmissible” in court.

Stranger still, and what may add credibility to the prosecutor’s allegations, is that the two officers who killed Mardis and nearly killed Few, were moonlighting at the time of the shooting, and may have conspired to kill Few, completely unaware that his son was inside the car with him. In fact, Greenhouse has yet to produce a true reason for pulling Few over that night.

The tainted relationship appears to be the only possible motive for the stop that night as no definitive explanation has yet to be given as to why Greenhouse was moonlighting, riding alone that night and decided to pull Few over.

According to the Greenhouse and Stafford, the officers decided to conduct a traffic stop because Few had an outstanding warrant. However, the Clerk of Court, the District Attorney’s Office, Marksville Police Department, and City Court noted that they did not have any warrants against him. The officers also claimed Few had a weapon, that was also a lie.
    READ MORE: Ex-Navy Seal Creates Veterans Organization to Expose Pedophiles and Rescue Trafficked Children

The only reason Few ran from Greenhouse that night was to catch up with Dixon so he could give her Jeremy in case he was arrested.

“The whole reason there was even a chase was for his well-being,” he said.

Greenhouse’s father is a prosecutor for the Avoyelles Parish. His trial starts June 12. He was accused of sexual misconduct with the 14-year-old in 2012 and resigned in 2014. When internal investigators questioned him about the incident with the 14-year-old, he admitted to going over to her house on three separate occasions when the mother wasn’t home.

Greenhouse also admitted to asking a 16-year-old to send him pictures of her breasts. With respect to Few’s girlfriend, “prosecutors say ‘more than one’ of Greenhouse’s sexual advances toward Few’s ex-girlfriend happened while he was in uniform and driving his patrol car. Greenhouse made the advances ‘under the guise of wanting her to work as a confidential informant (but) would quickly transition to wanting some sort of sexual contact,'” writes the AP. Stafford received a 40-year sentence for Manslaughter.

NBC News reported Dixon’s allegations of the bad blood between Few and Greenhouse. She told reporters Greenhouse “had started messaging her on Facebook and had come by the house that she and Few were sharing at the time.” When Dixon told her boyfriend, Few confronted Greenhouse and threatened him with bodily harm saying, “Next time you come to my house I’m going to hurt you.” In the end, the former officer and his friend killed little Jeremy Madis, the most innocent one involved.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Here's the two POS;

And here's the outcome of the second POS's trial....

MARKSVILLE, LA (WAFB) -
    Friday, September 29th 2017

Norris Greenhouse Jr. has pleaded guilty to negligent homicide and malfeasance in the shooting death of Jeremy Mardis, 6, in November 2015 and will serve 7.5 years behind bars consecutively.

Derrick Stafford and Norris Greenhouse Jr. are accused of shooting and killing a six year old boy and critically wounding his father after a car chase on November 3, 2015 in Marksville, LA.

According to the terms of the plea, Greenhouse will have to serve at least two years of the five year sentence for the negligent homicide plea. He will also have to give up his POST certification, meaning he cannot be a police officer.
    http://www.wafb.com/story/36484279/f...lle-6-year-old

Who will serve and protect the servers and protectors?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Bertha Walker Andrews, Stafford's aunt, refused to hold back after learning her nephew's fate. She blasted the judge’s ruling, calling the sentence a modern day form of slavery.

"All of you that prosecuted him and all of you that have this hatred in your heart, I hope you die and when you die, you go to Hell,” Andrews said. "Because a black man ain't had no right to kill no white man. It ain't changed. Y'all can call it what you want to."
    Fvck you. He murdered a six year old. This ain't about race no matter how much you want to make it out to be.
    Don't know if I + repped that or not, but yeah, $#@! you Auntie Bertha, and your child killing $#@! cop nephew as well.