Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Health bill disaster

Health bill disaster

I hope the Republicans who wouldn't take most of what they wanted in the American Health Care Act enjoy seeing Trump work with the moderate Republicans and Democrats to create a slight adjustment to Obama's Affordable Care Act.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What are you talking about?

This whole thing was just a setup by Trump to get Paul Ryan ousted.

Once Paul Ryan is gone, we can look to getting a bill with some real free market reforms.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Good. RyanCare was a cluster$#@!. If I can't opt out, it's $#@!. Repeal, don't replace.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Once Paul Ryan is gone, we can look to getting a bill with some real free market reforms.
    My heart hopes you are correct but my head says the end result will be single-payer.

Quote Originally Posted by givemeliberty2010 View Post
    I hope the Republicans who wouldn't take most of what they wanted in the American Health Care Act enjoy seeing Trump work with the moderate Republicans and Democrats to create a slight adjustment to Obama's Affordable Care Act.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    My heart hopes you are correct but my head says the end result will be single-payer.
    Rand disagrees, and so do I. Even from a pragmatist standpoint this bill was too rotten.

They're going on to easier topics that everyone can agree on.

Y'know, like tax reform. Should be a snap to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Once Paul Ryan goes, you'll likely see McCarthy. K Street has an endless lineup of boobs to screw us with.

Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    They're going on to easier topics that everyone can agree on.
    Motion to Vacate the Speaker of the House

That is correct. RyanCare was Romney/ObamaCare lite. Ryan is a nasty neocon that was trying to get this through.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

The American Health Care Act was worse than Obamacare.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I agree. But Trump won't sign that unless we can somehow trick him or pressure him into it against his will.

Rand disagrees, and so do I. Even from a pragmatist standpoint this bill was too rotten.
    Why? And don't just say because it doesn't do everything you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    The American Health Care Act was worse than Obamacare.
    In what way(s)?

AHCA would make the insurance companies too big to fail.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ?????
    This bill gave us NOTHING of real value.

Ryan would have been out as speaker now if you hadn't gone and blabbed Trump and Rand's plan here on the forum. You know damn well there are Ryan interns spying on these forums. I blame you.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I agree. But Trump won't sign that unless we can somehow trick him or pressure him into it against his will.
    I don't see that at all.

Trump would sign into law - he won't veto - any Obamacare clean repeal that eventually hits his desk.

In what way(s)?
    It's discussed here.

https://fee.org/articles/ryancare-is...han-obamacare/

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Ryan would have been out as speaker now if you hadn't gone and blabbed Trump and Rand's plan here on the forum. You know damn well there are Ryan interns spying on these forums. I blame you.
    Like I told you before, Mike Cernovich is much higher on their radar than I am.

https://www.periscope.tv/Cernovich
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

It does NOTHING positive.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    I don't see that at all.

Trump would sign into law - he won't veto - any Obamacare clean repeal that eventually hits his desk.
    And that would be just the kind of trick I mean.

Yes, I think he would. He would do it hoping that Congress would then pass another law replacing Obamacare that would include a federal guarantee of health coverage for all Americans, like he campaigned on. Hopefully no such followup bill would ever reach his desk.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Once Paul Ryan goes, you'll likely see McCarthy. K Street has an endless lineup of boobs to screw us with.
    That would actually be worse.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Really , Danno is behind more than people know
    Do something Danke

First, the democrats would never work with Trump on their signature.

Second, Trump is prevented from doing so because to the extent he has a base left, if he alienates them by switching parties (essentially), there will be no 2020 for him.

So either Trump does nothing, or perhaps people take a breath and talk to the Freedom Caucus, specifically Rand.

As for Dano's idea that this was intentional, of course not. Its a major embarrassment, a failed deal, but since at this point his best move is to keep Ryan, order him (he is pliable) to give the freedom caucus what they want, hype how this actually repeals obamacare, admit that they made a mistake before but are learning from it, and then, actually fullfill that campaign promise. He will have to browbeat a few reps to 216, but not as many as they were before, trying to appeal to the middle - and its possible to do, as everyone in the GOP is on record as wanting a repeal.

Why oh why is it that when a terrible bill becomes law, instead of repealing it, they just go on to change it to another terrible bill and hope to pass it?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast