Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Washington Kills 230 Civilians in Mosul Overnight - Where's the Outrage?

Washington Kills 230 Civilians in Mosul Overnight - Where's the Outrage?

Washington Kills 230 civilians overnight in Mosul.
    http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/arch...sul-overnight/

"As the US airstrikes in the Iraqi city of Mosul are increasingly concentrated around densely populated neighborhoods in the city’s west, the death toll from those airstrikes in spiraling rapidly out of control, with the most recent figures out of the area suggesting around 230 civilians were killed overnight in US and coalition strikes in just a single neighborhood. ...

Britain’s Daily Telegraph reported that the civilian death toll was mostly women and children, saying that the bulk of the bodies were pulled from just three adjoining residences in the Jadida neighborhood ...
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Knee-jerk Trumpers are already on the defense. Those weren't civilians, all terrorists, we're the best, etc:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6439513

I predict that mysteriously, some of the loudest opponents of Obama's drone programs will be silent on Trump's. Code Pink 2.0, I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

“When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives, don’t kid yourself. When they say they don’t care about their lives, you have to take out their families.”

I guess you all would have preferred Hillary and WWIII.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I guess you all would have preferred Hillary and WWIII.
    Anyone who won't support killing children loves nuclear war and wishes we were all dead.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Knee-jerk Trumpers are already on the defense. Those weren't civilians, all terrorists, we're the best, etc:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6439513
    True, but that statement would have stronger effect if it were not coming from an apologist for all the Obama murders, regimes changes, invasions, lies.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    True, but that statement would have stronger effect if it were not coming from an apologist for all the Obama murders, regimes changes, invasions, lies.
    Your statement would be better if it wasn't so hilariously stupid.
    Pinochet is the model

Is this confirmed?
    Not seeing this anywhere in Wash Post, CNN etc.

https://www.google.com/#q=iraq+mosul...tonpost.com+&*

In Mosul campaign, reported civilian deaths in U.S. strikes climb - The ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...mo...1e6-bc2d-19b3d...
    Nov 25, 2016 - IRBIL, Iraq — Air and artillery strikes by the U.S.-led coalition in the Iraqi city of Mosul appear to have killed more than 80 civilians since a major ...

https://www.google.com/#q=iraq+mosul...site:cnn.com&*

No current news

Granted US MSM seems to be tied up with DGPbagcare repeal but still why such a big news if true is not being reported in US MSM ?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Is this confirmed?
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7646011.html
    http://www.rudaw.net/english/middleeast/iraq/230320172
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...uilding-mosul/

Hmmm... now why would the MSM be covering up trump's heinous civilian killings? Wouldn't they use this to take him down? They're against him aren't they?

The MSM did the same thing back in January.

Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

It's terrible. Trump didn't start this war. He will end it by pulling out

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    He's the commander-in-chief. He could have told every soldier to stand down, had every plane grounded, every drone mothballed on January 20.

That's the exact opposite of what happened.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    Hmm. Didn't somebody say that eight years ago? Trump has said (and has acted) that he is less concerned about "collateral damages" from attacks.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-24-2017 at 03:46 PM.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Trump just masterminded the fall of Paul Ryan as speaker, kept Obamacare so that it will fail and the Dems will go down and has daily phone calls with Rand. He just hasn't gotten around to foreign intervention yet. Next he's going to work on lowering everyone's taxes. Then he's going to have to work on getting the wall built. After that then I would imagine infrastructure would be his focus. Give the guy a chance. He will take out ISIS in 30 days once he is free from other pressing matters.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Trump just masterminded the fall of Paul Ryan as speaker, kept Obamacare so that it will fail and the Dems will go down and has daily phone calls with Rand. He just hasn't gotten around to foreign intervention yet. Next he's going to work on lowering everyone's taxes. Then he's going to have to work on getting the wall built. After that then I would imagine infrastructure would be his focus. Give the guy a chance. He will take out ISIS in 30 days once he is free from other pressing matters.
    I dunno about that. He already bombed Yemen (something Obama didn't do) and is increasing forces and actions in Syria. He is threatening Iran and North Korea and wants more money for defense and more forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I dunno about that. He already bombed Yemen (something Obama didn't do) and is increasing forces and actions in Syria. He is threatening Iran and North Korea and wants more money for defense and more forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    All of that is Obama. Like I said, Trump hasn't gotten around to it yet. The C.I.A. and the Pentagon are just on Obamapilot. He talks with Rand twice a day and I'm sure there is a non-interventionist plan in the works. After he implements his 30 day destruction of Isis, of course. You can't build a shed in twenty minutes, and it took centuries to totally deconstruct Rome. Give him a chance.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All of that is Obama. Like I said, Trump hasn't gotten around to it yet. The C.I.A. and the Pentagon are just on Obamapilot. He talks with Rand twice a day and I'm sure there is a non-interventionist plan in the works. After he implements his 30 day destruction of Isis, of course. You can't build a shed in twenty minutes, and it took centuries to totally deconstruct Rome. Give him a chance.
    30 days to destroy ISIS? The Iraq War was supposed to be shorter than that. Still there. Yes- he still has plenty of time to add to the mess in the Middle East. Killing people there isn't hard. It is what comes afterwards which is difficult- how to make it stable again. Iraq turned into such a mess because there was nothing in place when Saddam was removed. Ditto for Libya.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-24-2017 at 06:39 PM.

30 days to destroy ISIS? The Iraq War was supposed to be shorter than that. Still there. Yes- he still has plenty of time to add to the mess in the Middle East.
    You really need to PM dannno. He'll lay it all out for you. If Trump said "30 days" he means thirty days. Once he can get to it. This is still Obama's war. Trump hasn't had the time to address this yet. I'm sure he would like to, but so many factions are causing him to concentrate elsewhere right now. He talks with Rand at least twice a day. Just give him a chance.

You really need to PM dannno. He'll lay it all out for you. If Trump said "30 days" he means thirty days. Once he can get to it. This is still Obama's war. Trump hasn't had the time to address this yet. I'm sure he would like to, but so many factions are causing him to concentrate elsewhere right now. He talks with Rand at least twice a day. Just give him a chance.
    Just like he was going to repeal and replace Obamacare as soon as he took office. Trump is now Commander in Chief. Any US military actions are now his. Or if what you say is true, Trump is actually fighting not Obama's wars but Bush's wars since he was the one who started them and Obama only continued them.

He is going to have to send a lot more troops over if his goal is to take out ISIS in 30 days. We used to have about 100,000 in Afghanistan- now down to about 8,000. In Iraq- about 5,000- 6,000. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-on-isis-figh/

U.S. commanders continually assess the American footprint in Iraq as the siege of Mosul progresses and weigh changes to U.S. troop levels accordingly, said Mr. Cook. “The same kind of considerations have been made for Syria,” he said, noting that the 5,000 to 6,000 U.S. troops now deployed in both countries has been adequate thus far.
    (that figure is for both Iraq and Syria combined)
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-24-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Just like he was going to repeal and replace Obamacare as soon as he took office. Trump is now Commander in Chief. Any US military actions are now his. Or if what you say is true, Trump is actually fighting not Obama's wars but Bush's wars since he was the one who started them and Obama only continued them.
    I suppose you could say that. It's not his war yet. He's given command to the C.I.A. and the Pentagon who are still operating under Bush's and Obama's plan. They are so secure in their role that don't even understand there is a new sheriff in town. Probably just another masterful chess game to show how ineffectual they are. Just like he is doing with Paul Ryan and all the RINO's. He talks with Rand twice a day. Give him a chance.

I suppose you could say that. It's not his war yet. He's given command to the C.I.A. and the Pentagon who are still operating under Bush's and Obama's plan. They are so secure in their role that don't even understand there is a new sheriff in town. Probably just another masterful chess game to show how ineffectual they are. Just like he is doing with Paul Ryan and all the RINO's. He talks with Rand twice a day. Give him a chance.
    Actually his "30 days" was that he wanted a plan within 30 days- not that he could defeat ISIS in 30 days. https://www.rt.com/usa/375434-trump-...feat-strategy/ And that 30 days is already up as of March 1st.

Yes- he has given more power to the CIA- especially over drone attacks- since they don't have to reveal anything about how many missions or how many casualties- enemy or civilian. He is already taken control over what the military does. He ordered the bombing of Yemen where Obama never bombed. He sent more troops into Syria and increased bombing there. Cannot claim Trump has nothing to do with the wars he is fighting in. He now "owns" them.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/us-deplo...y-feuds-europe

U.S. Deploys More Troops to Syria, Trump Loosens Rules for Counterterrorism Operations
    http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...304-story.html

Trump steps up airstrikes against Al Qaeda in Yemen; more ground raids could follow
    Only way to not own them is to start withdrawing- and he doesn't want to do that. He wants to amp them up.

He talks with Rand twice a day.
    He does? Link?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-24-2017 at 07:22 PM.

If Trump said "30 days" he means thirty days.
    No he doesn't. You just don't understand ...

He *really* meant 45 days but only said 30 days to fool ISIS so that after 31 days ISIS would be all like "Whew! Looks like Teh Donald was just talking smack. We can relax now, guys" and so they think the danger has passed and they let down their guard but then WHAMMO! fourteen days later Trump completely destroys them and they never even see it coming.

This is multi-super-hyper-dimensional Sun Tzu Art of Chess type stuff ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Obama didn't bomb Yemen?

You must be forgetting about the Al Majalah Cruise Missile strike that killed 40+ civilians.

You know, the one that Obama had journalist Abdulelah Haider Shaye sentenced to years in prison for exposing.

Not to mention the countless other strikes.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He does? Link?
    PM dannno for the details.

Without knowing the facts, don't want to rush to judgment like the Nobel Peace Prize committee that awarded Peace prize to last DGP before the facts had come in ... but IF this report is confirmed, Trump would deserve Nobel Peace Prize in hypocrisy if he will be acting no different than SWCs Bush and DGP considering his earlier statements:

Trump just called Obama a bigger warmonger than Bush

Trump tells Bush: 'You're fired'
    July 13, 2004 - 11:22AM

Donald Trump.
    The billionaire host of NBC's The Apprentice has weighed in on the Bush administration's decision to invade Iraq, terming it a "brutal mistake" that would "make it very hard for Bush to get re-elected".
    "Look, the war is a disaster. The war should not have been entered into," he told The Dallas Morning News while his fiancee, Melania Knauss, looked on.

"To lose all of those thousands and thousands of people, on our side and their side. I mean, you have Iraqi kids, not only our soldiers, walking around with no legs, no arms, no faces. All for no reason. It is a disgrace."

From: Trump: Families Of Soldiers Killed In Iraq Should Sue NYT For WMD Reporting, US made Iraq mess

Is this confirmed?

https://www.google.com/#q=iraq+mosul...tonpost.com+&*

In Mosul campaign, reported civilian deaths in U.S. strikes climb - The ...
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/...mo...1e6-bc2d-19b3d...
    Nov 25, 2016 - IRBIL, Iraq — Air and artillery strikes by the U.S.-led coalition in the Iraqi city of Mosul appear to have killed more than 80 civilians since a major ...

https://www.google.com/#q=iraq+mosul...site:cnn.com&*

No current news

Granted US MSM seems to be tied up with DGPbagcare repeal but still why such a big news if true is not being reported in US MSM ?

iraq mosul civilians site:nbcnews.com

iraq mosul civilians site:cbsnews.com

iraq mosul civilians site:abcnews.com

No reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post

Hmmm... now why would the MSM be covering up trump's heinous civilian killings? Wouldn't they use this to take him down? They're against him aren't they?
    That is a very good question.
    Not only just CNN, WaPo neocons are not reporting this, it is not being reported by NBC , CBS, ABC news either... why all left wing neocons leaning outlets would not be rushing with headlines that put Trump in bad light?

Not sure if this is valid reason but might be plausible reason, could they be trying to avoid further tainting of DGP's legacy for fear that Trump people would try to blame this mess on DGP's masters?

Donald Trump inherits Obama's mess: U.S. troops in Iraq are ...
    www.theblaze.com/.../donald-trump-inherits-obamas-mess-u-s-troops-in-iraq-are-adv...
    Dec 28, 2016 - In a phrase that defies logic, Reuters reports that American ground troops are preparing to advance to the front lines in Mosul in a new phase of ...

Mission to take Mosul will test Obama's controversial plan to fight ISIS ...
    www.pbs.org/.../mission-take-mosul-will-test-obamas-plan-fight-isis-without-u-s-force...
    Oct 17, 2016 - Children cheer as a Peshmerga military convoy rolls towards eastern Mosul. Photo by Emrah Yorulmaz/Getty Images. WASHINGTON — More ...

Obama hoping for quick Mosul victory to validate ISIS strategy, boost ...
    www.washingtontimes.com/.../obama-hoping-for-quick-mosul-victory-to-validate-i/
    Oct 23, 2016 - With the fight for Mosul entering its second week, the Obama administration is under pressure to declare victory over the Islamic State, a win the ...

How Mosul could redefine a key part of Obama's legacy (+video ...
    www.csmonitor.com/.../How-Mosul-could-redefine-a-key-part-of-Obama-s-legacy-vi...
    Oct 19, 2016 - The battle to free Mosul from the Islamic State is a test of America's evolving approach to fighting terrorism abroad, as well as US credibility in ...

Successful Mosul offensive would bolster Obama's legacy on Isis
    https://www.ft.com/content/ff9ffd36-...c-bdf38d484582
    Oct 17, 2016 - The launch of the battle for Mosul presents the Obama administration with the tantalising prospect of a crushing defeat of Isis in Iraq before it ...

The War for Mosul Could Mend Obama's Troubled Iraq Legacy ...
    https://www.bloomberg.com/.../the-wa...s-troubled-ira...
    Nov 1, 2016 - The War for Mosul Could Mend Obama's Troubled Iraq Legacy. What the next president can learn from the recent approach to fighting the ...

Team Obama keeps laying new land mines for Trump

Apparently MSM only seems to care when supposed Russia does the killing. According to the MSM the US/EU are the "good guys narrative"

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Obama didn't bomb Yemen?
    You must be forgetting about the Al Majalah Cruise Missile strike that killed 40+ civilians.
    You know, the one that Obama had journalist Abdulelah Haider Shaye sentenced to years in prison for exposing.
    Not to mention the countless other strikes.
    Don't forget Obama's drone assassinations in Yemen like the 16 year old American citizen. Or Obama's cluster bombing of women and children in Yemen.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Don't forget Obama's drone assassinations in Yemen like the 16 year old American citizen. Or Obama's cluster bombing of women and children in Yemen.
    Yes, that Obama didn't bomb Yemen is absurd. Some of Obama's worst war crimes were in Yemen.

Zippy's propaganda is getting sloppy.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

I dunno about that. He already bombed Yemen (something Obama didn't do)
    What makes you say that?

Who pays you to say that? or are you naturally that phucking stupid?
    Last edited by pcosmar; 03-25-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast