Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Massie on Whether It痴 Time for Paul Ryan to Go as Speaker: 選値l Give Him a Few Chances"

  1. #1

    Massie on Whether It痴 Time for Paul Ryan to Go as Speaker: 選値l Give Him a Few Chances"

    Last edited by William Tell; 03-24-2017 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe






  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Just vote to repeal it. Then take your time to replace.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by agitator View Post
    Just vote to repeal it. Then take your time to replace.
    That should have been done day one to eliminate the fines .

  5. #4
    #RepealRyan
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  6. #5
    You get rid of Ryan and you get another RINO like Kevin McCarthy or someone who would do what Boehner or Ryan did. Let's not pretend that getting rid of Ryan guarantees someone better will take his place. You're just ripping off a band-aid and replacing it with another one.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    You get rid of Ryan and you get another RINO like Kevin McCarthy or someone who would do what Boehner or Ryan did. Let's not pretend that getting rid of Ryan guarantees someone better will take his place. You're just ripping off a band-aid and replacing it with another one.
    As far as policy pushed by the Speaker goes you are probably right. But after replacing 2 speakers in 2 years the next one will probably have more respect for the conservative members and let them take more of the votes they want. For example full repeal. Or at least not yank their reelection funding over being conservative.
    Last edited by William Tell; 03-25-2017 at 07:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe




  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    As far as policy pushed by the Speaker goes you are probably right. But after replacing 2 speakers in 2 years the next one will probably have more respect for the conservative members and let them take more of the votes they want. For example full repeal. Or at least not yank their reelection funding over being conservative.
    Bingo
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-12-2016, 10:13 AM
  2. 船raft Speaker Ryan movement forms to push Paul Ryan to run for GOP 2016 presidential nomina
    By Brian4Liberty in forum 2016 Presidential Election: GOP & Dem
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-08-2016, 01:03 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-2015, 07:27 AM
  4. House Republicans choose Paul Ryan to be speaker
    By RandPaul4Prez in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-29-2015, 06:55 AM
  5. Paul Ryan's Conditions for Speaker
    By Mr.NoSmile in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-21-2015, 07:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •